http://www.ebay.com/itm/110906344045...84.m1439.l2649
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:32 PM
United States, TX, Pflugerville
Joined Apr 2011
33 Posts
Super Dave and his IFO night flying.

Central Texas welcomes Super Dave to night flying with his IFO!
digitalight is offline Find More Posts by digitalight
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:18 PM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
United States, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Nov 2004
1,687 Posts
Cool!!! Let's see a picture of it sittin' still with the lights on.
harrymc is offline Find More Posts by harrymc
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:34 AM
AMA 964040
USA, MA, Worcester
Joined Oct 2008
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx View Post
Have you used that controller? I'm thinking about getting a similar controller and and LED setup:

http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-TT-...ref=pd_cp_hi_2

Did you install the whole controller, or take off the casing and shorten the wires? It looks like it would be pretty heavy as is, but I'm sure a lot of weight could be saved.
MAP123 is offline Find More Posts by MAP123
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:24 PM
Dark Yet??
United States, VA, Narrows
Joined Dec 2009
1,512 Posts
That controller looks heavy. Most of those other effects are useless. It's hard to fly with any kind of flashing or chasing lights. I do like the strobe and slow fade effect.
Barn-E-Stormer is online now Find More Posts by Barn-E-Stormer
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:41 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
If you don't need to change the effects from the ground while flying you can always contact member Bombay as he sells both regular l.e.d. strip and the rgb l.e.d strip contollers that are light weight.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1682549
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:18 PM
Dark Yet??
United States, VA, Narrows
Joined Dec 2009
1,512 Posts
Yes it should be noted that the remote only works from about 20 feet. I had to fly by close and slow to have someone change the light mode.
Barn-E-Stormer is online now Find More Posts by Barn-E-Stormer
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:18 PM
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Jun 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerocowboy View Post
My Parkzone T-28 equipped for night. Running directly off the 3S balance connector for now. I'd like to add a brushed speed control soon to dim it down a bit for flying in total darkness.

Put 4 batteries through it last night -- I *love* this. Very cool.

Attachment 5077989
Attachment 5077990
Just installed a brushed speed controller (Turnigy 20A -- overkill) as a voltage regulator, so now my DX8's Aux1 dial knob is a dimmer knob, with a range from 'dimly lit' to 'full power'. Additionally, I programmed in an offset mix on the 3-position Flaps switch that basically operates as an OFF/MID/HIGH range selector for the dimmer switch. This way I can't dumb-thumb the dial wheel into complete darkness -- I have to use the actual off switch on the other side of the TX to go dark.

Should be cool. I'll do a test flight tomorrow night.
Aerocowboy is offline Find More Posts by Aerocowboy
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:52 AM
PB of 733kph
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2005
5,490 Posts
This is my new night flyer:

Night Rocket Glider test flight (1 min 32 sec)
ALEX HEWSON is offline Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:18 AM
AMA 964040
USA, MA, Worcester
Joined Oct 2008
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX HEWSON View Post

OK, now let's see a night video! Hopefully you can see it better in person than what we see in the video, because it looks like a streak that very quickly fades to nothing. Then again, it might be easier to see at night while it's lit up against the dark night sky.

The rocket gliders that I've seen have all been much bigger, and therefore launch much more slowly, about the same as what you would expect of a motor glider. Yours, on the other hand, is a rocket that you can also glide. Well done.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:11 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,348 Posts
Very cool!
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:31 AM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
United States, KY, Hanson
Joined May 2007
2,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAP123 View Post

OK, now let's see a night video! Hopefully you can see it better in person than what we see in the video, because it looks like a streak that very quickly fades to nothing. Then again, it might be easier to see at night while it's lit up against the dark night sky.

The rocket gliders that I've seen have all been much bigger, and therefore launch much more slowly, about the same as what you would expect of a motor glider. Yours, on the other hand, is a rocket that you can also glide. Well done.
I did pretty much the same thing with my rocket wing a while back. You can see it at about 3:00 into the video.
seff 2011 night bowling (3 min 22 sec)
KFC is offline Find More Posts by KFC
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:32 PM
PB of 733kph
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2005
5,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAP123 View Post

Following on, here are the pics and a video:

Forsyth 2012: Micro Rocket Glider (0 min 10 sec)
ALEX HEWSON is offline Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:01 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,348 Posts
Wicked!
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:52 PM
AMA 964040
USA, MA, Worcester
Joined Oct 2008
221 Posts
Very cool, Alex. I love those night pics with the rocket exhaust. I still think it's crazy, but it looks like it could also be a lot of fun.

Short flight time, though. Can you launch it straight up? It seems to be wasting a lot of the launch going sideways ... going sideways really fast! I'm amazed it didn't do a half of a loop right into the ground, actually. I'm not sure I could handle that as well as you did, and in the dark. Nice flying. Does it pull around that fast because of the trim for gliding? If that's the case, maybe you could either readjust the CG for it to be closer to neutral, or use a launch preset that zeros out the trim so you get a straight launch, kind of the opposite of what a launch preset does for a DLG.
Last edited by MAP123; Aug 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM.