HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2007, 06:53 AM
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,314 Posts
Here is a picture of what I plan on flying on Christmas Eve (tonight). Kind of Christmassy don't cha think?
Pudknocker71 is offline Find More Posts by Pudknocker71
Last edited by Pudknocker71; Dec 24, 2007 at 03:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2007, 07:14 AM
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanB
Darth, Dave,
"whiste-blowing mode on:"
Flatterman is the actual holder of the "querdenker-trophy" (lateral thinking trophy), which is the main trophy of the yearly pan-european Inter-Ex event.
"whiste-blowing mode off:"
Visit Inter-Ex and have some fun: http://www.inter-ex.com/
Stephan
That's cools stuff! Need so start a tread on this in a more general area.

It wouldn't translate in english but I could read Bonbon Bomber. Droping candy from a plane. Kids running after the candy. Looks like a lot of fun. Sounds like something we should copy in the US. Maybe send the winner to europe!
Old Dec 24, 2007, 10:49 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
Did they burry this forum or what? My only gripe!
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Last edited by Tommy D; Dec 24, 2007 at 10:56 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 07:45 AM
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,314 Posts
Well above is before night flying and here is after night flying. I should have used the other field with a little more light. NEED MORE LEDS!
Old Dec 27, 2007, 01:45 PM
Santa Clarita, Ca
Joined Jul 2006
5 Posts
My Night Owl...

[/IMG]
myates is offline Find More Posts by myates
Old Dec 28, 2007, 02:05 AM
check the crazyplanes ...
Germany
Joined Dec 2006
323 Posts
Hi myates,

How did you realize that glowing owl-shape? Glow-sticks? Neon-tubes ?
Let us know!

flattermann
flattermann is offline Find More Posts by flattermann
Old Dec 28, 2007, 07:13 AM
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,314 Posts
Glow tape I bet.

Update on my Pico. 2 Bad crashes at night. I suck. Ripped out the Lights for now. The CG is messed up with the power system I put in it. I'll adapt the light system to maybe the SS I'm buying this weekend.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 06:14 PM
Santa Clarita, Ca
Joined Jul 2006
5 Posts
Howdy Flattermann,

It's called EL wire. I purchased it from http://www.vibelights.com. I used the 2.3 mm pink and lime green. They seem to show up the best, IMO. The lime green I can see fairly well even at dusk.

I cut an owl shape from 5mm Depron foam and fastened it to the fuse with zip ties. The EL wire is then taped to it to hold the shape. Fly's great, even when attacked by dragon fly's, Tinkerbells, and ghosts (lol, other night planes my friends have).
myates is offline Find More Posts by myates
Last edited by myates; Dec 28, 2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:00 PM
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,314 Posts
That was a brilliant idea....Now Clean Your Room!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 02:42 PM
Germany
Joined Dec 2006
323 Posts
Howdy myates,

thanks for information. I found a source in Germany and ordered 6ft. each white and green neon cords and inverters for an acceptable amount. Will use it for illumination of a 3rd, red-black coloured, 3D-vectorized trapezoid kite.

When ready, I gonna post photos and a new video.

Happy New-Year!

flattermann
Old Jan 01, 2008, 07:05 AM
Restricted User
Frankfurt-region, Germany
Joined Mar 2003
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flattermann
Howdy myates,

thanks for information. I found a source in Germany and ordered 6ft. each white and green neon cords and inverters for an acceptable amount. Will use it for illumination of a 3rd, red-black coloured, 3D-vectorized trapezoid kite.

When ready, I gonna post photos and a new video.

Happy New-Year!

flattermann
Happy new year, Flattermann!
Where did you buy it in Germany? Please let me know, how bright these lines are. I've seen them earlier, but not as bright as myates ones. So i stood away. Maybe i should give them a try.
Stephan
StephanB is online now Find More Posts by StephanB
Old Jan 09, 2008, 02:01 PM
Germany
Joined Dec 2006
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanB
Where did you buy it in Germany? Please let me know, how bright these lines are. I've seen them earlier, but not as bright as myates ones. So i stood away. Maybe i should give them a try.
Stephan
Hi together,

I ordered 2 sets of 1,5m EL-WIRE, 2,2mm diameter, one green, one white, total: $ 28.00), at blauertacho4u.de, specialized in LED-illuminations of speedometer-scalas and car-pimping equipment.

After dismanteling and separating the 2 inverters from the Cigar-lighter-plug housings, i glued them together and soldered a 12V LIPO-Connector

There are different inverters available, depending to the total length of the neon cables you use.

The white and the green neon-cable has been mounted on a 180cm wingspan blue-grey trapezoid-kite with 3D-Vectoring. (Servos: HITEC HS65 Metal Gear)

At the head of the motor-mount, I glued 3 RGB-LED-point-lensers, dismanteled from 3 cheap glasfibre-lamps. These LED-lamps change their colour from red over blue to white and green within a 15 seconds turnaround.

The total weight of the illumination including 2 Lipos, controls, LEDs and Neon-Wires is 120g, the total flightweight of the Kite is 470g now.

These LED point-lenses are shining circles of 30cm on the kites topside, 1 right, 1 left, and 1 to the back. The colour changes in a strange way, when looking to the underside of the flying kite. Together with the neaon-wire: remarkable: Have a look.....
(video follows as soon as one of my comrades is willing to accompany me on a cold and rainy and dark evening...)

After a 1 hour nightflight I can say: recommandable..

Have a look at my short nightflight-video on

http://www.crazyplanes.de/drache13.wmv

flattermann
Last edited by flattermann; Jan 24, 2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old Jan 09, 2008, 03:17 PM
Always Ready!
Chicago, IL
Joined Dec 2006
5,186 Posts
I've thought of taking the fiberoptics strands and stuffing a plug of them into one end of an aluminum shaft, the LED in the other end.
warhead_71 is offline Find More Posts by warhead_71
Old Jan 09, 2008, 07:26 PM
Purdue Engineering
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
2,661 Posts
Here's my Slow Stick night flyer. I flew it at the Night Flight competition at the 2007 NEAT Fair, and won 2nd place. Here's the video: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776916.
Rocketman1092 is online now Find More Posts by Rocketman1092
Old Jan 09, 2008, 07:31 PM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman1092
Here's my Slow Stick night flyer. I flew it at the Night Flight competition at the 2007 NEAT Fair, and won 2nd place. Here's the video: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776916.
Nice looking flyer. Great video. Congratulations on the win!
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator