SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
 
Thread Tools
Old Dec 13, 2002, 11:53 AM
David Smith
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: What's a good R/C helicopter kit for a newbie ???

"Philip Martin" <philip.martin@wetnwild.co.uk> wrote in message
news:atd274$9bn$1@venus.btinternet.com...
>
> "David Smith" <david.smith@no_spam_pp2.inet.fi> wrote in message
> news:a%lK9.224$Xn6.145@read3.inet.fi...
> >
> > >

> > Small steps, Phil, that's how I did it, I was a long time hovering

before
> I
> > let it go, but then I was always flying on my own. Don't let it get too

> high
> > or too fast, then it's less difficult getting it back into the hover.
> >

> Well, there was a break in the weather at lunchtime time today, so I

rushed
> round home and got the Nexus out. Decided to give it a wiz in the car

park.
> The only problem here is the bloody lamp posts, must get the council to
> something about them!
>
> We got up to some 50' high and buzzed around, including a couple of
> circuits, all be it with the tail still pointing firmly at me. Great fun
> though and I think I'm starting to get the hang of getting the bugger down
> from that height. Back end was wobbling a bit, might have something to do
> with the tail in landing a couple of weeks ago that stripped the teeth on
> the main gear!
>
> Roll on Sunday;o)
>
> Phil Martin.


At least you're still ale to get out and fly, wish I was!

Dave S
>
>
>



Old Dec 14, 2002, 03:21 PM
James McGovern
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: What's a good R/C helicopter kit for a newbie ???

If you can hold out on puchasing a helicopter until February, I will be
selling them on my site for $449. I will guarantee that we will beat all
prices listed on purchases over $500 from Tower Hobbies by $100 or more.


Old Dec 14, 2002, 06:52 PM
GYRO
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: What's a good R/C helicopter kit for a newbie ???

Only $499 now? They started off at only $349.
Probably end up at only $899.
Sounds like a BIG SCAM to me
"James McGovern" <james@j2eebible.com> wrote in message
news:ThNK9.4230$9z.1122161820@newssvr10.news.prodi gy.com...
> If you can hold out on puchasing a helicopter until February, I will be
> selling them on my site for $449. I will guarantee that we will beat all
> prices listed on purchases over $500 from Tower Hobbies by $100 or more.
>
>



Old Dec 15, 2002, 06:52 AM
James
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: What's a good R/C helicopter kit for a newbie ???

There are different models available...


Old Dec 16, 2002, 01:11 PM
Albert Homburwas
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: What's a good R/C helicopter kit for a newbie ???

I'm looking to see what his price is compared to cyberhile.

"GYRO" <Roto@golden.net> wrote in message
news:LvPK9.6747$Ex6.1579915@news20.bellglobal.com. ..
> Only $499 now? They started off at only $349.
> Probably end up at only $899.
> Sounds like a BIG SCAM to me
> "James McGovern" <james@j2eebible.com> wrote in message
> news:ThNK9.4230$9z.1122161820@newssvr10.news.prodi gy.com...
> > If you can hold out on puchasing a helicopter until February, I will be
> > selling them on my site for $449. I will guarantee that we will beat all
> > prices listed on purchases over $500 from Tower Hobbies by $100 or more.
> >
> >

>
>



Old Dec 18, 2002, 10:02 PM
stymye
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: What's a good R/C helicopter kit for a newbie ???

I've seen ads for a arf electric heli that "any" beginner can fly ...should
I believe these claims?
I don't remember the particular company

"James" <lesslaws@lesslaws.com> wrote in message
news:_V_K9.4363$xP1.1155925114@newssvr10.news.prod igy.com...
> There are different models available...
>
>



Old Dec 19, 2002, 02:32 AM
Philip Martin
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: What's a good R/C helicopter kit for a newbie ???

"stymye" <stymye-jr@home.com> wrote in message
news:G_Scncq11uwE3JyjXTWcpQ@comcast.com...
> I've seen ads for a arf electric heli that "any" beginner can fly

....should
> I believe these claims?
> I don't remember the particular company
>

THAT, depends on your definition of 'fly'.

Having said that, try:

http://www.airscoot.com/

Although it is close to $1000 for an electric heli!!

Phil Martin.



---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.431 / Virus Database: 242 - Release Date: 17/12/2002


Old Dec 25, 2002, 03:12 PM
mike@curious.net
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: What's a good R/C helicopter kit for a newbie ???

An unbiased opinion, I have had a Nexus 30, Hirobo Shuttle Challenge
and my latest is a JR VEnture, I can tell you I built and hovered the
Venture with NO PROBLEMS. The Manual is excdellent (although wrong in
a few spots) but very detailed.

I was able to get EVERYTHING I NEEDED for 742.50 from heliproz, and I
mean everything, tools, starter heli, EVERYTHING!


On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:11:32 GMT, "Albert Homburwas" <nonoe@nonr.com>
wrote:

>I'm looking to see what his price is compared to cyberhile.
>
>"GYRO" <Roto@golden.net> wrote in message
>news:LvPK9.6747$Ex6.1579915@news20.bellglobal.com ...
>> Only $499 now? They started off at only $349.
>> Probably end up at only $899.
>> Sounds like a BIG SCAM to me
>> "James McGovern" <james@j2eebible.com> wrote in message
>> news:ThNK9.4230$9z.1122161820@newssvr10.news.prodi gy.com...
>> > If you can hold out on puchasing a helicopter until February, I will be
>> > selling them on my site for $449. I will guarantee that we will beat all
>> > prices listed on purchases over $500 from Tower Hobbies by $100 or more.
>> >
>> >

>>
>>

>


Old Dec 25, 2002, 07:42 PM
George Bush
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: What's a good R/C helicopter kit for a newbie ???

And you consider the $742 from Heliproz a good deal. We could have gotten
the same deal for you for only $499.


 


Thread Tools