HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2007, 03:17 AM
France/UK
Joined Aug 2005
791 Posts
Discussion
Is there any reason why I cant use standard TX batteries in my MC 12

I have a Graupner MC12 and the batteries in it are SUB Cs at 9.6v 1500mah.

They are very heavy and frankly their capacity is a joke.

Can I put a standard AA size pack in it, like the other TX use ? Would i have any problems with power output length of use etc.

I hope you can understand what i am trying to acheive ie lighter TX with better capacity.

Any help really appreciated

Tim
roundthebend is offline Find More Posts by roundthebend
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2007, 03:48 AM
smoking a buddy box
Brussels
Joined Nov 2002
419 Posts
Hi,

According to what I read at several occasions in French and German forums, the original Graupner battery-pack of the MC10 and MC12 were crap. Some of them were unusable after a few weeks, most of them after a year.

There is no problem to use 8 AA-batteries of whatever capacitiy. If it's for flying models, then be sure the batteries are soldered to each other for safety sake.

A RC-transmitter is consuming about 200-250mA. So to have some spare at the airfield I would suggest not going below 1200mAh-capacity for your batteries.

And respect the polarity when pluggin in your new battery-pack. It will cost you a repair-ticket if wrongly connected, even a fraction of a second.

Olivier
my website : http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX : buddy box compatibility problems between different brands of transmitters
olivier2 is offline Find More Posts by olivier2
Old Dec 09, 2007, 05:15 AM
France/UK
Joined Aug 2005
791 Posts
I thought you could as the weight is quite tiring without the neck strap.

I reckon I would need to trim some plastic off the inside of the tx case as the AAs are slightly fatter.

I would like to see a photo of the mod if anyone has done it or knows of a link.

Thanks alot guys

Tim
roundthebend is offline Find More Posts by roundthebend