HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2007, 09:18 PM
t38
Joined Dec 2007
2 Posts
Question
1/4 Scale T-38

Hello, I am new to this forum, But I am glad that I have found it.

My son aquired a 1/4 scale t-38 fuselage and the molds to create additional fuselage's as well, however we are unable to find any information on dimensions of the main wing. We are able to surmise the shape of the part of the wing that connects to the fuselage and we have the length of the wing. Thru eyeballing fotos we are able to get the general shape of the wing. However the cross section and aerodynamics of the wing have eluded us.

If anyone has any information or schematics of the T-38 wing, it would be greatly appreciated.

As you can see from the attached pictures, these are two of the first creations from his molds....White one has been primed and is ready to mate to a wing, the unfinished one is just behind the first one, you can just see the nose peeking out.

My son has the history of the molds, but my understanding is that they were some of the original molds used for wind tunnel testing.

Regards

T38
t38 is offline Find More Posts by t38
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2008, 01:18 PM
Joined Nov 2006
92 Posts
Why not use you own airfoil. If you have the dimensions, root and base from the three view, you could make your own wing which would probably have a better flying characteristic than the scale one. What a nice "find" taht will be a great kit. The landing gear should be no problem to recreate.
Where are you located?
Tommy
tyates5445 is offline Find More Posts by tyates5445
Old Feb 14, 2008, 01:48 PM
Joined Dec 2003
56 Posts
Please call me at 512-258-2272 and I can answer all of your questions. I build RC Jets from Scratch routinely (more than 3 a year). I can develop the wings, machine the struts, recommend which landing gear choices would be best, and develop internal structures with CNC equipment that I have here on site. All no charge in exchange for a Fuse or two. Sean
seanreit is offline Find More Posts by seanreit
Old Jul 03, 2013, 06:07 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Were you ever able to find the specs for the T-38 wing? I have been searching recently as well to no avail. Thanks...

Bill
wehrcg01 is offline Find More Posts by wehrcg01
Old Jul 04, 2013, 05:45 PM
United States, IL, Peotone
Joined Mar 2013
1 Posts
If you still have them Would you be interested in selling the molds and fuse?
Michael Hicks is offline Find More Posts by Michael Hicks
Old Jul 05, 2013, 01:04 PM
Colorado
Joined May 2003
750 Posts
I attached a few things that may help you. If you live any where near Colorafo i would love to help out. I would love to trade a fuselage for a set of wings and stabs. I can make them out of wood or foam your choice. If your not interested in a trade I can still send you templates for either a built of wing or foam wing constructions. In any case good luck with this project. Hopefully those fuselages don't way that much since you don't need any extra weigth.

This is my current scratch build on RC Groups.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1769531

This was last years scratched build.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ghlight=kayaba

My website that shows some of the other stuff I've built over the years.

www.johnboren.com

Update: Didn't relise how old this thread was until just now. Offer still stands

John Boren
John Boren is offline Find More Posts by John Boren
Last edited by John Boren; Jul 08, 2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old Jul 08, 2013, 10:14 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,505 Posts
what are you guys doing with the molds? this plane flies awsome ,see the thread in the EDF forum . C/N made his own airfoils and it flies like a trainer even at 46 lbs.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jul 13, 2013, 09:11 AM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
694 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4&goto=newpost
dpowellmeii is online now Find More Posts by dpowellmeii