SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 25, 2007, 10:40 PM
Aircraft Part Separator
United States, IA, Tabor
Joined Aug 2003
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfalzPflyer
Funny how I have no trouble programming Expo, End Points, Sub-Trims, etc. on a computer radio, yet can't figure out the (badly translated) instructions on the camera.
Maybe it's a "motivation" thing?

Merry Christmas,
Dean in Omaha
LOL Dean , Happy Holidays to you too.
Greg D is offline Find More Posts by Greg D
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2007, 11:13 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
If you can't find a SE5a I may be the reason. I bought 2 and can you believe I received another for Xmas! Oh well every one needs 3 kits of a great looking airplane.
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Dec 26, 2007, 08:16 AM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,407 Posts
I have a question for users of the E-Flite 250---how do you get the darn O ring and prop mounted when the cowl is on the plane? Are there any special tools you use to do it? I have a devil of a time with it.
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
Old Dec 26, 2007, 01:30 PM
X-15 Jockey
Joined Oct 2006
2,464 Posts
I use small zip ties, one on each side and trim the ends, works great, will not flex, but they snap of stressed during a prop strike. I had an o-ring fail on a micro aerobatic plane, the prop had enough gyroscopic mass that when I pulled hard manouvers the plane would move but the prop would stay in place and the o-ring would flex and fail.

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Daily
I have a question for users of the E-Flite 250---how do you get the darn O ring and prop mounted when the cowl is on the plane? Are there any special tools you use to do it? I have a devil of a time with it.
burkefj is offline Find More Posts by burkefj
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pictures from KSC
Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:12 AM
I AP'd myself again......
Yawn....Iowa
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
Different motor installation

On my SE5a I decided to go with a CDROM motor rather than the eflite 250. It was cheaper and I'm sure its a bit more powerful. I got it from Randy at www.m-a-e.com , Its a ~20 turn motor. (I'll check on the # of turns)

Here is the motor, notice the CRDROM shaft size compared to the Carbon tube used for mounting the EFLITE 250

Here was the size difference, the carbon tube EFLITE provided with the kit is 0.309"

and the shaft of the CDROM is 0.376"

So to make an adapter I cut a piece of round nylon stock (I think balsa block would even work for this)

Then I made a pilot hole thru the center so the bigger drills have a hole to follow thru

On this end I drilled for the EFLITE carbon tube, the hole is complete and the tube fits nicely.

Then I turned the piece around and drilled for the shaft on the CDROM motor. The hole is complete and the motor fits great.

Here is the finished tube all trimmed up ready for installation

Here are some more pictures showing the fit

and

btw, this is the glue I used to hold the tubes together and onto the CDROM, its about ~$3 from wallyworld and it expands like gorrila glue, so use in moderation

Dave
aviatordave is offline Find More Posts by aviatordave
Last edited by aviatordave; Dec 28, 2007 at 09:39 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 10:19 AM
Happy fly begin
Joined Aug 2004
681 Posts
Dave, I have mine ready for the Jan. 6th indoor. We will have to try some more pattern flying like we did with the Jenny's a few weeks back.
JimH is offline Find More Posts by JimH
Old Dec 28, 2007, 10:37 AM
I AP'd myself again......
Yawn....Iowa
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
Hey that will be fun, this plane seems alot more stiffer than the jenny. I'll see if someone can videotape it for us.
aviatordave is offline Find More Posts by aviatordave
Old Dec 28, 2007, 01:56 PM
www.M-A-E.com
Lilburn, GA, USA
Joined Dec 2000
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatordave
Here is the motor, notice the CRDROM shaft size compared to the Carbon tube used for mounting the EFLITE 250 ....
Wow!... that's a pretty old CD-ROM motor you have there, Dave Our motors have been using the 8mm CF tube for over 3 years now

Randy
Model Airplane Engineering
www.m-a-e.com
rcflyer11 is offline Find More Posts by rcflyer11
Old Dec 29, 2007, 09:54 AM
Aircraft Part Separator
United States, IA, Tabor
Joined Aug 2003
1,425 Posts
Well sorry to anyone waiting for construction pics. ESC shipped yesterday, maybe Wednesday?
Old Dec 31, 2007, 05:20 PM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
United States, GA, Stone Mountain
Joined May 2006
2,255 Posts
I got one of these yesterday. Built and flew it 3 times today. Very fun and stable little bipe. Even in 5-8 mph gusts. It's a keeper. I'll get a video up tomorrow for you guys. Perfect lunch time flier.

Joe
Buzz Bomb is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Bomb
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:30 PM
Aircraft Part Separator
United States, IA, Tabor
Joined Aug 2003
1,425 Posts
My ESC showed up today, hopefully I have enough connectors. Assembly photos coming soon even if I have to hit the LHS Wednesday. I also ordered 2 GP 640mah 2s packs from Tower.
Old Jan 01, 2008, 11:14 PM
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Sep 2007
89 Posts
Mounting Prop on Park 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Daily
Easy way to attach "O" ring is with the use of long and skinny needle nose plyers. Hook one side, then use the plyers to slip the "O" ring over the other bolt. With a little care, you will be able to mount your prop with no damage to the front of the SE5a.
J3flyah is offline Find More Posts by J3flyah
Old Jan 02, 2008, 04:45 PM
Rather be Hover'n
Omaha, NE
Joined Jul 2004
89 Posts
A moment of silence please....

A moment of silence for PfalzPflyer's upper wing...

Severed in half buy the prop of the other plane during a mid air at 'The Center' this afternoon.

Knowing Dean, he'll have it back together and looking even better than before.

I will say this, these SE5's sure fly nice!
Redbeardrc is offline Find More Posts by Redbeardrc
Old Jan 02, 2008, 05:25 PM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
United States, GA, Stone Mountain
Joined May 2006
2,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeardrc
A moment of silence for PfalzPflyer's upper wing...

Severed in half buy the prop of the other plane during a mid air at 'The Center' this afternoon.

Knowing Dean, he'll have it back together and looking even better than before.

I will say this, these SE5's sure fly nice!
Silence........................................... .............

Yeah these little bipes do fly very well. I'm very happy with the looks, construction, and flying characteristics of them. $50 well spent. Unfortunately it's been very windy and cold here the last couple of days. I still plan on doing a video. Just need to let the 20mph winds die down.

Oh and the o-rings for the prop saver is relatively easy to get on. I used a pair of needle nose pliers. Takes about 30 seconds. It is a little tight in there and I can see why a few people would get aggravated.

Anyone got any links to some LITE pilot busts for these things? I would like to put one in the cockpit with a little silk scarf.
Buzz Bomb is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Bomb
Last edited by Milandrah; Jan 02, 2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2008, 06:54 PM
Aircraft Part Separator
United States, IA, Tabor
Joined Aug 2003
1,425 Posts
I ran into Larry at the LHS (picking up some bullit connectors for mine) after work and told me someones SE5a got midaired.