HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2007, 01:08 PM
Mad Mad World
Halifax, ma.
Joined Jan 2007
123 Posts
Discussion
golden arrow

I was just wondering if anybody ever had a Radio Shack Golden Arrow rc car?
If you did do you still have it? I still have mine. I don't use it much anymore because I mainly run nitro but that is how I got Hooked.
madmax93 is offline Find More Posts by madmax93
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2008, 12:50 AM
Mesquite Tx
Joined Dec 2007
244 Posts
Golden Arrow

yeah!I ran one years ago.Think I got it at Radio Shack or Sears cant remember.Ran pretty good [added front 5x11bearings]for what it was and tough too.Really beat the crap out of it,ran it thru deep mud puddles and full blast in to curbs and ramps.Heck,I once drove screws thru some bald tires I had and ran it thru ice and snow.Used to swap tires back and forth between my Hornet.It's around here somewhere I think 'cept now the str servo gets jittery[alzheimers?].Saw one at Canton Trades Days here in Texas awhile back,with controller.Shoulda picked it up. Thanks
blkft1 is online now Find More Posts by blkft1
Old Jan 06, 2008, 12:53 AM
Mesquite Tx
Joined Dec 2007
244 Posts
Golden Arrow

Yeah it was Radio Shack.Hence, Radio shack Golden Arrow!I got mixed up with the Sears Lobo,remember that one?Wasnt as tough as the Golden Arrow.
Old Jan 06, 2008, 11:05 AM
Mad Mad World
Halifax, ma.
Joined Jan 2007
123 Posts
I didn't realize that sears acually sold rc cars. I switched out the rear tires not much longer after I had the car because the original knobbys just disinigrated. A buddy of mine had a traxxas truck (electric), which the Arrow just about kept up with. I don't think radio shack sells any decent rc cars anymore, not sure.
madmax93 is offline Find More Posts by madmax93
Old Jan 06, 2008, 12:10 PM
Mesquite Tx
Joined Dec 2007
244 Posts
Radio shack

No they dont,I mean they sell what they sell.The xmod evo's are cool.I mostly run Tamiya or some other hobby type cars.I picked up two 1/18th scale nylint riock crawlers from WallyWorld which are cool too.I usually check around this time of year for big discounts on their cars[Wally and RadShack].Kinda just good plug and go cars.
Old Feb 04, 2008, 01:09 AM
Joined Feb 2008
2 Posts
Golden arrow adjustment

Does anyone here have or know where I can find the adjustment proceedure or a circuit diaghram for the circuit card on a Golden Arrow? Mine is old and dirty but still works fine except the four tuning slugs on the board need adjusting, and I dont know which is which. There is a lot of frequency overlap on the servo and the ECS. If I knew which slug was which I think I could get it running. Thanks!
widetrack is offline Find More Posts by widetrack
Old Feb 04, 2008, 03:37 AM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,779 Posts
just mark each one with a sharpie give it a tweak test.. if that wasnt it put it back and move to the next one
turbored21 is offline Find More Posts by turbored21
Old Mar 09, 2009, 12:59 AM
****en arrow
Joined Mar 2009
1 Posts
Does anyone know where i could get a rc Golden arrow remote control for my buggy?
I have a band 1 color brown.

Best

Ricky
popotte is offline Find More Posts by popotte