HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2007, 09:45 AM
Joined Oct 2005
486 Posts
Discussion
Can i connect the Hitec laser 4 to a 12v source ?

I am already using a 7A external battery for the downlink video receiver. Can I also plug it directly to the Hitec remote ?

I cannot find any info on what external power input I can connect it to, and nothing is written on the remote control ?

Thank you

Phil
philgib is offline Find More Posts by philgib
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2007, 12:49 PM
Master of 1 point landing
Naperville, IL
Joined Jul 2005
2,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philgib
I am already using a 7A external battery for the downlink video receiver. Can I also plug it directly to the Hitec remote ?

I cannot find any info on what external power input I can connect it to, and nothing is written on the remote control ?

Thank you

Phil
cant see why not, however you likely can not use the charge plug for this, you will have to wire it to the battery connectors (charge plug turns radio off so you can not charge while in use). The laser 4 is the same battery as the laser 6 right?- which im 99% sure is 8 cells. You will void the warantee. You may want to put a diode inline with the radio positive wire and a fuse. The diode will help insure you dont go > 12.2 volts (drops voltage a bit since you 12V battery may indeed pump out 13.3V, check no draw voltage of it if ya wish). Even feeding the radio 13 volts, I dont think its very likely you will hurt it at all. The fuse is likely not really needed, but I alway fuse stuff like this when I do it (.75-1amp is plenty big enough)
ImaBiggles is offline Find More Posts by ImaBiggles
Old Dec 06, 2007, 12:22 PM
Joined Oct 2005
486 Posts
Yed indeed these are 8 cells, so 8x 1.5 = 12v so you are obviously right, and your solution is quite easy indeed. Thank you very much.

Phil
philgib is offline Find More Posts by philgib