HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2007, 01:30 PM
Joined Dec 2007
15 Posts
Discussion
Fully Hopped-up Thunder Tiger Desmosedici FS

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and more than likely my last. However, I have looked at and read every post on this forum for the past year and have thoroughly enjoyed working and improving my Thunder Tiger Desmosedici. Unfortunately, all my time invested into this wonderful hobby has taken a toll on my time, valuable that is, with my family which has a newborn and a three year old, and wife of course. So, I had to make a sad but firm decision to sell off my creation which I have spent many hours and hundreds of dollars on. I hope the person who wants this understands that this is what I have always wanted but never had all the money to buy at once. Well, I added it up and you can see why I should sell. The money I get, I will use to build a nice playground for my children and their cousins.

My background is I am a sports car collector, I have a Lotus Esprit and Porsche 993 in my stable currently. I am also a tube audiophile and LP fanatic. So you can see that with all my toys, the wife is getting a little upset that I am spending counless hours in the garage working on my bike. Heh heheh. How many of you can relate? I am not working on my cars and worst off, I am not spending the weekends with my family. Can you imagine that I would rather look at my bike than my cars.

So, I hope those looking can see my passion and i hope the new buyer will get a nice piece of my creation. I will post as many pics as I can but here is the start!

TTN DESMOSEDIDCI $339.99
TTN EXO 12X $104.99
RD LOGIC MUFFLER $73.00
RD LOGIC FUEL TANK $54.99
FUEL FILTER 2 QTY $5.00
ALLEVEN RIDER $35.00
ALLEVEN MICRODRIVE 28 $56.00
ALLEVEN MICRODRIVE 25T $26.00
INTEGY BLUE SHOCK $16.99
GRP FRONT $21.95
GRP REAR $21.95
AIRTRONICS MX3 $100.00
AIRTRONICS 94357 THROTTLE $80.00
AIRTRONICS 94357 STEERING $80.00
TTN STEERING DAMPER $16.00
RECEIVER PACK STD $17.00
QUICK BARS MCMASTER $17.00
TTN 2 SETS BRAKE $19.00
SERVO HOLDER CUSTOM CNC $25.00
BRAKES FRONT & REAR CNC $100.00
FRAME 090 CUSTOM CNC $100.00
WORKSTATION CUSTOM CNC $20.00
Glow plug igniter $20.00

Total way over a $1000.00 more like $1400

I was able to redesign the frame and brakes from my access to a CNC machine. As a mechanical engineer, I have made sure that the frame exhibits as little flex as posible and stops on the dime. The engine, muffler, tires, and some parts are new, used twice at most. I guarantee that this bike will start and blast down the track or parking lot. In fact, when I use it, I had an area about the size of half a football field. What a BLAST. In the sale, I will include all hardware which include hundres of stailess steel fasteners and everything in my parts bin. I will not have a need for these so I don't want to see them and get depressed. I am depressed but I look at my daughters and smile. Well have to go and i look forward to anyone willing to invest on my bike. I think it is fair to start the price at $500.00 for every thing listed. the best highest offer will be awarded this bike. don't worry about the sale, I will take paypal only and I have a %100 positive feedback in ebay. I am not selling this on ebay because I only want true hardcore enthusiast like myself to see the bike. If no one replies then and only then will i sell it there.

I hope you all enjoy and please feel free to ask me as many questions as you like. Christmas is coming soon so don't wait to long.

Forgot to thank the posts I enjoyed reading by Davehour, junglemax video, Bruce at 2wheel, Quidoracer, allan waterfall and all the countless others.
ddidit is offline Find More Posts by ddidit
Last edited by ddidit; Dec 03, 2007 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Mispelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2007, 03:28 PM
Joined Dec 2007
15 Posts
More pics

here are pics of the frame and sorts
Old Dec 03, 2007, 03:34 PM
Joined Dec 2007
15 Posts
...and more

and more.

Please know that this bikes frame is lazer straight. I use my jig stand for setup and by looking at the points of contact, I can easliy see if the frame is tweaked. By the way, I am from Ventura CA so if you want to see it in person you are more than free to. I used to race touring car expert stock and modified for the Ventura Roadrunners.

Dindo
Old Dec 03, 2007, 03:36 PM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
Nice bike,I like the brakes.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Old Dec 03, 2007, 03:48 PM
Joined Dec 2007
15 Posts
Thank you Allan,

It was fun to design and make them. Of course I really wanted the pat's brakes but I said if I could make them myself, why not. The hardest part was making sure there was enough stopping power given that I was only using super fast servos. I made the pads out of circuit board and used delrin for the calipers. it was fun searching for the hardware since they are small parts. In the end, at full throttle then stop, it can do a controlled endo. Luckly, when the front washes out, it slides to one side. I suspect the bike can easily do 50 plus mph. Fun for the parking lot I run it in. Our local track does not support bikes, not big enough, so I have to call it quits since I have no one to race with. Kind of depressing when I work on it and no competition. But thrill factor I when I am alone is always a high.

Dindo
Last edited by ddidit; Dec 03, 2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2007, 03:21 AM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
766 Posts
You never looked at the SV RACEWAY THREAD. There are a bunch of us racing at Sun Valley RC track,near Burbank CA. We would welcome the competition and would love to have seen your work. Your bike looks top notch it would be a shame to give up now. There is a race this weekend in LA at the Artesia transit center, some of us will be attending . Their hoping for a good amount of bikes to show up. Look at the SV-Speedway GTG thread thats always at the top of the page. Go to last and scroll down Guidoracer posted a flyer, its for The Toys For Tots Dec 8,9,and 10th. It would be great if we could see your bike and get you racing with us.
DLAWW is offline Find More Posts by DLAWW
Old Dec 04, 2007, 12:05 PM
Joined Dec 2007
15 Posts
Hi Dlaww,

Thank you for the invite. Oh how tempting it is for me to travel to race my bike. The sad part is that is the whole reason for me selling this precision machine. When I use to race expert touring car, it would take a whole day for the event. This occured twice a month. It was fun since I was the tire supplier for the track. Sorex tires that is. For me, I met and still have alot of great friends, Frantastic, Larry Ruby, Steve Tafferd, Sean, and the star none other than Chadwick. When I got into the hobby, I was the worst driver in a field of 60 racers. After 6 months of practice and racing, I led the field and was probably ranked 4th, thanks to my Corally RDX. We raced twice a month and that equated to 24 times a year. Spent the entire Saturday tuning and prepping and it left me with no time for my daughter. When I look at my new daughter, I really don't want to take away the precious time that I had lost with my first. They say that they want to play with you and only you till they reach about 8 and then they don't wan't to have anything to do with you after that. That will be the time I start racing again. Sad part is that I will be almost 50 years old and my eyes aren't going to be all that great.

Oh well, I still have to sell it and I hope someone enquires. Hopefully someone out there experienced can give this to the attention of someone wanting to race. If the new buyer has an extreme crash, I can make a new frame for them so they will still have the same beast they started off with.

Have a great race day!

Dindo
Old Dec 11, 2007, 10:55 AM
Joined Dec 2007
15 Posts
Hi Everyone,

So many views but no one is interested. Is the price too high. Let me know. Have a great day racing!

Dindo
Old Dec 11, 2007, 04:30 PM
Joined Jul 2007
116 Posts
nice bike
bet its fun to drive! looks almost to good to drive
duke 34677 is offline Find More Posts by duke 34677
Old Dec 11, 2007, 05:13 PM
I Always Fly Inverted
United States, NY
Joined Aug 2004
387 Posts
What are you looking to get for the bike? Close to the total invested or?? Could you post an asking price?
Monstermanhbf is offline Find More Posts by Monstermanhbf
Old Dec 11, 2007, 05:37 PM
Joined Dec 2007
15 Posts
Hi,

I would like at least $500 for everything. This includes everything listed in the e-mail. The bike is like new since any piece that is damaged, I replace with new. So, the buyer gets pro level servos a good radio and all the rest. If you get into the hobby, be prepared to spend alot more than an RTR kit price. With this, it would be like you get a bike for 75% off. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dindo
Old Dec 11, 2007, 05:50 PM
Joined Jul 2006
572 Posts
this is a really nice price 500$...too bad dont have any $$ but only rc to trade :-(
yourtheman is offline Find More Posts by yourtheman
Old Dec 11, 2007, 06:06 PM
2 Wheel Junkie 4 Life
San Diego Lindberg, California, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,433 Posts
Would you zip them up and e-mail them to me. I'd
like to add them to my archive if that's ok and a few
to the website?

if that's ok with you...?

Lorenzo@rcbikes.com
lorenzo_MiniGP is offline Find More Posts by lorenzo_MiniGP
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:55 PM
Joined Dec 2007
8 Posts
Is the bike still for sale? Please let me know. I'm very interested.

drjoliver@aol.com
drjoliver is offline Find More Posts by drjoliver
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:24 AM
Joined Dec 2007
15 Posts
Yes, the bike is still for sale. Note that the bike has a new receiver pack. I hope someone buys this soon so that it will be in good hands.

Dindo