HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2007, 10:02 PM
SASQUATCH LIVES
Joined Dec 2007
209 Posts
Discussion
thinking of buying the skyartec wasp v3

I have allways wanted to get into RC Helicopters, the prices are so low now that its very afordable, the wasp v3 seems to be what im after small and compact, out door and some indoor, and able to do some trick flying in the future, hears my questens dos skyartec make good stuff? and should I buy the 4 channel or 6 channel and what will you benifit with the 6 channel?
HURON is offline Find More Posts by HURON
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2007, 10:09 PM
Bush Pilots Bounce Higher
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Dec 2006
4,309 Posts
Is it time to have the below link as a stick yet ?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767664
Spidious is offline Find More Posts by Spidious
Old Dec 01, 2007, 10:20 PM
SASQUATCH LIVES
Joined Dec 2007
209 Posts
so are you saying I should put this thread in the teenie weenie section
Old Dec 01, 2007, 10:44 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HURON
so are you saying I should put this thread in the teenie weenie section
Bingo, bring that man a prize and off with his head !!!!!!

Welcome aboard the EZone. We are happy to help you out but some oder helps, please post in the correct forum.

FB
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Dec 01, 2007, 10:52 PM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Dec 2006
4,309 Posts
Welcome to the forum. But we are just trying to get across to people that they should ask in the correct section. As asking somebody that flies a large helicopter what we think of our what to do to it. We won't be able to as we probably don't have one..
Just my 2 worth..
Old Dec 02, 2007, 03:05 PM
SASQUATCH LIVES
Joined Dec 2007
209 Posts
I belong to a very lage forum called Ecoustics.com were I help people all over the world with there home theater problems and everthing is cleary marked, it very rare that some one posts in the rong section,

in this forum you make me feel like I should get a furm spanking which I wouldent mind if you were a slew of hot amazonian girls, anyway I backed tracked and I feel I did nothing rong I pushed on electric Heli and then electric Heli talk, after reading your thread I think you should talk to the site to make everything clear, now what should I go under mini or micro
Old Dec 02, 2007, 03:21 PM
SASQUATCH LIVES
Joined Dec 2007
209 Posts
never mind I just noticed the sticky, which forum to post your heli, very confusing site
Old Dec 02, 2007, 03:38 PM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Dec 2006
4,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HURON
I backed tracked and I feel I did nothing wrong I pushed on electric Heli and then electric Heli talk, after reading your thread I think you should talk to the site to make everything clear, now what should I go under mini or micro
That is the reason I have been trying to get it changed to Large Helis. And others have agreed. But it stays the same and every new person that joins up doesn't read the where should you post sticky at the top and ends up in here. Thinking "Electric Heli Talk" means any sized helicopter.
Kind of like a restaurant saying yes we have drinks : small, medium and drinks (instead of large)

I think the wasp would be in the micro section.

Micro helis:

Messages about helis which are under 400 grams and powered by Speed-300 class motors or smaller.

Helis in this category include:

Ikarus Modellbau ECO Piccolo, Fun Piccolo, Piccolo CP, Piccolo Pro
MS Composit Hornet, Hornet II, X-FP, X-CP, X-3D
GWS Dragonfly
Century Hummingbirds
E-sky Honey Bees & King
E-flight Blade CP
Venom Night Ranger 2 & 3D
Evoflight Sabre
Walkera #4, #35, etc
Twister 3D
LAHeli Maxir
etc.

Mini helis:

Messages about helis which are 400 to 800 grams and powered by Speed-400 class motors.

Align T-rex 450X/XL/SE/SA
Protech Zoom 400 (aka Zap 400, Shogun, etc)
ARK X-400 (aka Helimax X-400)
E-sky Cool
Walkera #36, #60, etc
Hobby Lobby Revo CP, Falcon 3D
Robbe Crown III

Electric Heli Talk: I think this one should say " Large helis:"

Messages about helis which are over 800 grams and powered by Speed 540 class motors or larger.

Lite Machines Corona
Robbe Spirit (Eolo), M-8, LI, L16
JR Propo Voyager E
Ikarus Modellbau Viper 70/90, ECO 7/8/16
MS Composit Stinger 3/6
Mikado Logo 10/14/20/24
Kalt Whisper
Kyosho Concept EP/EP SR
Henseleit 3DMP
Miniature Aircraft Ion
Artfantasie LiPoly, Rebell LE/XL
Spatz Modellbau Sparrow
Minicopter Joker/Joker 2/Maxi Joker/Maxi Joker 2
LAHeli Sniper
Hirobo Lepton EX
Century Swift
electric conversions of .30 to .90 sized nitro helicopters
Old Dec 02, 2007, 07:16 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,265 Posts
The logic of renaming the section is obvious. The confusion caused by the current structure is clear. Lots of people have pointed this out. Why doesn't it just happen????

By the way, one could argue for keeping the Electric Heli Talk section as a general one but transferring all the large heli stuff to a new section called (guess what) "Large Electric Helis". That might be an even better solution but it would need to be explained.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Dec 02, 2007, 08:40 PM
Joined Mar 2005
191 Posts
It doesn't seem very complicated to post in the correct forum for those of us that have been around for a while but clearly we could make things much more obvious to help out the newer people. Why not make the electric helicoptor section very simple.

Small Helicoptors (blade length under)
Medium Helicoptors (blade length between)
Large Helicoptors (blade length over)
3D
Coaxial
Fearless Flight is offline Find More Posts by Fearless Flight
Old Dec 02, 2007, 09:46 PM
SASQUATCH LIVES
Joined Dec 2007
209 Posts
the only thing that makes sense is the topics but once you select why is the selections off to the side, the sections should be the center of attention, I think the splitting up by weight and blade size is a good idea, then there should be basic selections for each split, (repair and build), (flying tips), and so on, and under each topic expain what it covers, then at the bottom have a braging area were every one can show there vids and pic, thats what I was expecting
Old Dec 03, 2007, 04:21 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,799 Posts
Huron, we have been working on getting the forums relisted and updated for sometime now. A few of us were even on the inside and you see where we are.

We did say welcome!!!! But, if there is spanking at all by Amazons, I say we go by number of postings

FB
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Last edited by Fred Bronk; Dec 03, 2007 at 04:45 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2007, 11:56 PM
volts x amps = watts.
Denver
Joined Sep 2006
2,146 Posts
lol Amazons...

Yeah we've been fighting to get the forums organized, the only "up front" statement is the small description under the forum title stating that its for discussion of larger helis. Anyways, welcome, and maybe you can help us join the fight for better organization!
Wheelhaus is offline Find More Posts by Wheelhaus