SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 30, 2007, 04:08 PM
Joined Dec 2006
209 Posts
Discussion
my first glider need help with tips on how to set it up

i ordered a multiplex easy glider electric but im wondering if i should just step up to brushless right off the bat are there any inexpensive
motor/esc s that will work well without a lot of mods to install

i am planning on using a tp 2100 3s lipo in it
any suggestiond would be great im planning on flying the glider on a slope
and in the park once in a while
thanks for any info guys
newtohelis
newtohelis is offline Find More Posts by newtohelis
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2007, 06:43 PM
Joined Oct 2007
141 Posts
I have the EGE. I bought the kit not the RTF. The RTF comes with the fuse halves glued together so doing the mods is harder. I am using the Multiplex 480 4G motor with the 3.3-1 gearbox, a Thunderbird 54 amp ESC and a Thunderpower 2100 3cell lipo. I had to cut the Bat. compartment out a little for the pack to fit. I cut some of the nose off and mounted a fiberglass firewall. Even with the geared brushless I still had to add some weight to the tail to get the propper CG. The plane will climb vertical till it's out of sight but still slows down to a crawl.
planeaddiction is offline Find More Posts by planeaddiction
Old Dec 15, 2007, 03:06 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,526 Posts
I used this motor, KM0203800, in an e-glider as a direct replacement for a speed 400 that was attached to a gearbox.
http://ecsvr.com/abm/ShopDisplayproducts.asp?Search=Yes

On that plane with the stock prop the motor is running at 130 watts. I think the motor is good up to about 160 watts. That should give you a good climb on your EG.

I am using this ESC - Electronic Speed Control 25A KC2030A01
http://ecsvr.com/abm/ShopDisplayproducts.asp?Search=Yes

It is not what I am using in my EG, but it is a low cost combo that will probably fit.

You may need a gear puller to get the gear off the stock speed 400 motor so you can use it on this one.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr