HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2007, 12:01 PM
Orange County, CA
Joined Oct 2004
3,509 Posts
James,

I don't know if I can wrap up in the office that fast but we will see. It is more like 11 to 12 that I will finish up.
Chief High Horse is offline Find More Posts by Chief High Horse
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2007, 12:24 PM
ALL IN !
Carlsbad, California, United States
Joined Feb 2004
2,784 Posts
Better chance of wind later anyways Dave..
Louied is offline Find More Posts by Louied
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:19 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
San Diego
Joined May 2005
3,456 Posts
Quick update on my optic6 but mostly on Hitec's service:

Dropped off the Trans on Monday- Delivered to my door on Wednesday!!

*Trim switch cleaned and working like a charm,
*new back put on (holds the synth module more securely)
*replaced the battery connection- the Positive terminal was frayed and could have shorted out this last one was totally on their own- saw it and fixed it.

these days company's seem to get slammed pretty hard for poor service and not recognized for good or great service. this is a case where I had a great experience with a company and it will definitely influence future purchase decisions.

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by howsthewind
Dropped it off today- guy on the phone said a couple of days 3-4 but the one at the counter said 4-5 business days. Mine will be a quick one, just a switch.

The guy was really cool, offered to put on the "new" back plate which holds the synth module more securely for free! Like to hear that word!

I asked him what Hitec was doing about 2.4 mhz modules for the Optic 6. He said they had a system which was close at one point a while back that didn't work out but that they're testing another.

He was very hesistant to provide any dates so take what I'm going to say with a very large dose of salt. Thought that the module would be out sometime in 2nd quarter of '08. anything later and he felt they were in big trouble.

He said something about hitec trying to get their system to be compatible or work/approved for use in both US and Europe. Also, the receiver would be relatively small- much smaller than some out there.

Greg
howsthewind is offline Find More Posts by howsthewind
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:50 PM
Is it DS'able?
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,254 Posts
That's awesome Greg... I've got to take mine in still but I'm happy to know what great service they provide. Thanks for the update.

-James
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:11 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Sep 2007
145 Posts
Bump.... Who's flying where today?
EscoFlier is offline Find More Posts by EscoFlier
Old Dec 22, 2007, 02:16 PM
Jim in San Diego
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2002
4,091 Posts
Winds look strange today. Was hoping for some good strong westerlies but nothing yet. I'll keep an eye out for later today and if nothing then I'll try again tomorrow.

I need to get back to building anyway
Jim
Pismo is offline Find More Posts by Pismo
Old Dec 22, 2007, 02:19 PM
Jim in San Diego
Joined Nov 2002
4,091 Posts
Greg, great to hear about your radio. Hard to beat Hitec's customer service.

Jim
Old Dec 22, 2007, 07:23 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
San Diego
Joined May 2005
3,456 Posts
Jim what are you building?

Greg
howsthewind is offline Find More Posts by howsthewind
Old Dec 22, 2007, 07:51 PM
Gravity sucks
United States, WA, Richland
Joined Mar 2006
2,464 Posts
Didn't look like any decent conditions around the county today. Hope for better stuff tomorrow. First weekend off in a month, so NEED to fly! Son's coming in tomorrow evening, so hoping for some flight time with him over the holiday, too.

Mike
SrWade is offline Find More Posts by SrWade
Old Dec 23, 2007, 12:31 AM
Is it DS'able?
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,254 Posts
Tried flying at the Moonlight beach slope, slightly north/west facing but it was no good with the super north wind we had.
Now I'm in Santa Barbara for Christmas and headed to San Francisco for the New Years so I'll just say a great big Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all you guys...it was a great year, Poway Combat, Learning to DS, building, crashing, fixing, and of course flying. Here's to a great 2008!!

-James
who managed to fit two planes in the car along with all the presents
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Old Dec 23, 2007, 01:16 PM
Jim in San Diego
Joined Nov 2002
4,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsthewind
Jim what are you building?

Greg
Still need to finish up the JW60 (for crying out loud), have an M60 covered, geared and just waiting for elevons, linkages, and final balance, and I have the 1-26 that needs a wing servo repair. Still need to replace the xtal in the Destiny too. Won't be flying that one until I get some big wind though.

I still have the PSSers to do as well. Oh yeah, I need to get a wing together or rebuild the Raider before the next combat...or as I like to call it, the "wr_mizzard is my target day"

Jim
Old Dec 23, 2007, 01:19 PM
Jim in San Diego
Joined Nov 2002
4,091 Posts
Thanks James Have a safe fun trip and a Merry Christmas! See you next year,
Jim
Looking forward to the next Combat...muhahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr_mizzard
Tried flying at the Moonlight beach slope, slightly north/west facing but it was no good with the super north wind we had.
Now I'm in Santa Barbara for Christmas and headed to San Francisco for the New Years so I'll just say a great big Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all you guys...it was a great year, Poway Combat, Learning to DS, building, crashing, fixing, and of course flying. Here's to a great 2008!!

-James
who managed to fit two planes in the car along with all the presents
Old Dec 23, 2007, 01:21 PM
Jim in San Diego
Joined Nov 2002
4,091 Posts
Mike,

Keep us posted if you end up heading out. Kevin and I were thinking Poway if it picks up. Maybe even touch and goes if not

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrWade
Didn't look like any decent conditions around the county today. Hope for better stuff tomorrow. First weekend off in a month, so NEED to fly! Son's coming in tomorrow evening, so hoping for some flight time with him over the holiday, too.

Mike
Old Dec 24, 2007, 12:55 AM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Anyone find any wind today?
Daves Beach was all north, so went to the Wall but it had to much west in it, and was up and down alot. I did have fun with my new Art Hobby DLG just off the tip of the Wall with Scotty, Mike and Mark. We need a little mini Pt. Fermin point up here in North County to handle these north winds at the beach. Oh well, can't complain, but sure would be nice to fly decent lift tomorrow with the day off.

Happy Holidays,
Chris
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot
Old Dec 24, 2007, 01:27 PM
Jim in San Diego
Joined Nov 2002
4,091 Posts
Kevin and I made it over to Poway. He was earlier than I was and managed to get some 10-15 mph winds but by the time I got there it was maybe 5-10 and dropping fast. We scratched around and called it a day around half hour before dark. Man was it ever beautiful out there. You could see the water to the west and all the way back to the Laguna's to the east.

I have to stop relying on my back yard for the Poway forcast. It was dead with slight gusts all morning and into the early afternoon. I headed out to easy Poway (High Valley) and it was dead up there too. Just little soft spurts. Right when I got up to Poway is was blowing a good 5-10 and Kevin had already been flying in 10-15. Go figure. There's something great about that hill and the Valley leading up to it.

Glad you guys got in a little too. Hope you get something more flyable today. Don't think I'll be flying today since we'll be getting stuff ready for a family Christmas eve get-together.

Jim