SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 19, 2011, 04:50 PM
On the banana boat
San Diego,Montgomery
Joined Oct 2004
847 Posts
Links....
Point forecast for BV
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...Type=graphical

MesoWest
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/mwm...ap=sgx&limit=1

SD County Wind ForeCast map
http://newweb.wrh.noaa.gov/sgx/digit...&variable=Wind

Soaring Forecast
http://newweb.wrh.noaa.gov/sgx/data/aviation/soar.htm

Tads PG site
http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~mathewss/

Lots of stuff there, have fun.
Throne is offline Find More Posts by Throne
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2011, 06:35 PM
Posse Board member
trip1dog's Avatar
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2008
402 Posts
Yes throne as he rambled about throws I did concider that 180 out was about rite ,too funny I heard you,though,,,,,the lift was good and that pike flys better than I thought it would ,he hasnt destroyed it yet
t
trip1dog is offline Find More Posts by trip1dog
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:49 PM
Registered User
San Diego
Joined Aug 2008
430 Posts
Establish a new RC flying site at the Black Mountain Open Space Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunnerBunner View Post
do any of the poway area folks fly hilltop community park at the southwest corner of black mountain? i go there every now and then and it's a good slermal spot.
Hey guys,
I live in 4S Ranch and fly at the Palomar club... used to fly at the Electric Club in Mission Bay... and have been thinking about the potential of building a new flying site on Black Mountain.

About 12-18 months ago, there were some guys who came to the Mission Bay club and said that they were trying to start a new club with a site on Black Mountain Open Space Park, behind the soccer fields. They said that they had permission from the SD Parks folks to do so, but needed some people to help establish the flying site...

I'd like to find out if any of this is true... I've been to the area behind the soccer fields and found the rough runway that was plowed into the dirt... it needed a lot of work, but has huge potential to be a beautiful site...

Do you guys know anything about this?

Thanks!
Tim
twesselman is offline Find More Posts by twesselman
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:02 AM
I want it to go fast...
c0dem0nkey's Avatar
San Diego
Joined Sep 2006
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twesselman View Post
Hey guys,
I live in 4S Ranch and fly at the Palomar club... used to fly at the Electric Club in Mission Bay... and have been thinking about the potential of building a new flying site on Black Mountain.

About 12-18 months ago, there were some guys who came to the Mission Bay club and said that they were trying to start a new club with a site on Black Mountain Open Space Park, behind the soccer fields. They said that they had permission from the SD Parks folks to do so, but needed some people to help establish the flying site...

I'd like to find out if any of this is true... I've been to the area behind the soccer fields and found the rough runway that was plowed into the dirt... it needed a lot of work, but has huge potential to be a beautiful site...

Do you guys know anything about this?

Thanks!
Tim

Tim I can't answer your questions but I've flown there a couple of times...any wind nw..north..to east and that site is thumping with great LZ. I find the west to be very marginal and not fun. Good luck
c0dem0nkey is offline Find More Posts by c0dem0nkey
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 02:04 AM
Registered User
San Diego
Joined Aug 2008
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0dem0nkey View Post
Tim I can't answer your questions but I've flown there a couple of times...any wind nw..north..to east and that site is thumping with great LZ. I find the west to be very marginal and not fun. Good luck
Thanks for your prompt response... if you don't mind me asking, what is LZ?
twesselman is offline Find More Posts by twesselman
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 02:14 AM
Original Jackass
Alex May's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2008
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twesselman View Post
Thanks for your prompt response... if you don't mind me asking, what is LZ?
LZ = Landing Zone
Alex May is offline Find More Posts by Alex May
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 02:16 AM
It's not going to build itself
TRISME's Avatar
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,295 Posts
Landing Zone

Tom
TRISME is offline Find More Posts by TRISME
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:43 AM
Registered User
fly2bob's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2005
1,930 Posts
So this is for sloping? where is it at? directions?
fly2bob is online now Find More Posts by fly2bob
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:00 AM
I want it to go fast...
c0dem0nkey's Avatar
San Diego
Joined Sep 2006
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2bob View Post
So this is for sloping? where is it at? directions?
Slope or Electric

Looks like google maps does not have the street name. The easiest way I can explain is get off on black mountain road and head north...that will dead end and turn right..its you first left into what looks like baseball fields. Walk out through the weeds north and you'll see the slope.
c0dem0nkey is offline Find More Posts by c0dem0nkey
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:03 AM
characters welcome!
Mark Wood's Avatar
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,416 Posts
Black Mountain Road goes all the way up. You can catch it off many avenues like Mira Mesa Blvd, Hwy 56, Mercy Rd, etc. It's our main drive from Mira Mesa to Rancho Penasquitos.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:21 PM
Addicted To Glass !!!
TriTipTim's Avatar
Glamis,ca
Joined May 2008
1,094 Posts
I just got the artwork for t shirt Front Pocket ,
what do you guys think ??




The Back
TriTipTim is offline Find More Posts by TriTipTim
Last edited by TriTipTim; Jun 21, 2011 at 06:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:51 PM
Registered User
San Diego
Joined Aug 2008
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0dem0nkey View Post
Slope or Electric

Looks like google maps does not have the street name. The easiest way I can explain is get off on black mountain road and head north...that will dead end and turn right..its you first left into what looks like baseball fields. Walk out through the weeds north and you'll see the slope.
That's it! Several months ago there were carpets there for a "pit" area and there was a couple of 2x4s tied together to "drag" the runway out.

Again, it has the potential to be a great location... the question is if we can turn it into an official club runway... and get support from the SD Parks groups to get a road, parking lots and pit area established...

Thoughts?
twesselman is offline Find More Posts by twesselman
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:47 PM
Posse Member
bretski's Avatar
USA, CA, Coronado
Joined Dec 2008
567 Posts
The JnA logo looks like a winner.
bretski is offline Find More Posts by bretski
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:14 PM
Registered User
fly2bob's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2005
1,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twesselman View Post
That's it! Several months ago there were carpets there for a "pit" area and there was a couple of 2x4s tied together to "drag" the runway out.

Again, it has the potential to be a great location... the question is if we can turn it into an official club runway... and get support from the SD Parks groups to get a road, parking lots and pit area established...

Thoughts?
I don't know the procedure is for doing so, but I have heard that the miramar aero squadron (or whatever they are called) are is sorta close by, although they are probably far enough away that the that flying there wouldn't interfere with their frequencies. But I've also heard that they have to notify miramar when someone there is gonna fly there. They also, I'm sure, have a ceiling they have to abide by.

What is the available wind directions there? Which direction is the best? Where does the lift compare to?

Bob
fly2bob is online now Find More Posts by fly2bob
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 07:43 PM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
fcbflyer's Avatar
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuisance View Post
I just got the artwork for t shirt Front Pocket ,
what do you guys think ??




The Back

It's good, but with a glider on it, or some other kind of RC reference it would be perfect.
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oceanside/San Diego XMas sloping? NWade Slope 16 Dec 27, 2005 12:28 PM
Rave Sloping near San Diego? rbehrends Slope 6 Jan 25, 2005 12:28 AM
Question Sloping in San Diego neojeep Slope 12 Feb 01, 2004 03:37 PM
USA F5B TEAM TRIALS AT SAN DIEGO Dictator for Life Electric Plane Talk 0 May 07, 2001 10:16 PM
Visiting San Diego Peter Mar Electric Plane Talk 6 Apr 27, 2001 12:29 AM