HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 11, 2009, 08:52 AM
Registered User
jims123's Avatar
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosta
Hey what's that spose to mean?
relaaax alex..
just pullin ur chain a lil bit.. Study Hard..Man.. we will miss you.. and all that DSin round.. up there..
JimS
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2009, 02:03 AM
Original Jackass
Alex May's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2008
1,934 Posts
Well folks I am officially in San Luis Obispo. Arrived at about 2:30 this afternoon, had an oil pressure issue with my jeep and a check engine light on for the last sixty miles of the trip. Got the check engine light checked out... apparently my engine misfired in several cylinders but it seems to be running fine now so they cleared the check engine light and I won't worry about it unless it comes on again. As for the oil problem, it was probably just the oil pressure sending unit, which was causing the needle on my gauge to fluctuate wildly. I got a new one at the local NAPA store and replaced it myself. Seemed to stabilize the needle and when I tested it right away after the fix everything seemed to be normal. However driving it later it seems that my oil pressure could be low, or it could just be an issue with the gauge... I was getting a pretty consistent reading of 20 on the gauge vs. the 40 in the middle.

Oh well, yay for technicalities. Had a good first night... ate a nice dinner at this place called motav in SLO and talked to a real cute server there a bit. Then my brother got ahold of some sigma nu people (that's his frat at SDSU) and we went to a little party that they were having. Back at the hotel now, gonna go to sleep soon so I can get up early and start moving into the dorms. Looking forward to more fun and more girls :-P
Alex May is offline Find More Posts by Alex May
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 02:19 AM
It was just a flesh wound!
he4gott's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Sep 2007
2,226 Posts
Of course your oil pressure is crazy and you're misfiring...you've been abusing your vehicle bouncing up and down Blossom all the time Have a great semester (schoolwise and socialwise).

Dale
he4gott is offline Find More Posts by he4gott
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 09:10 AM
2 Build or not 2 build???
jrbike's Avatar
Solana Beach, CA
Joined Jul 2008
551 Posts
Be nice to those girls

Alex,

Actually, your oil pressure issues are probably just foreshadowing the hormonal acrobatics that take place when going off to college. Just remember to be respectful of those females and be a gentleman.

Jim
the father of a daughter going off to college next year


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosta
Well folks I am officially in San Luis Obispo. Arrived at about 2:30 this afternoon, had an oil pressure issue with my jeep and a check engine light on for the last sixty miles of the trip. Got the check engine light checked out... apparently my engine misfired in several cylinders but it seems to be running fine now so they cleared the check engine light and I won't worry about it unless it comes on again. As for the oil problem, it was probably just the oil pressure sending unit, which was causing the needle on my gauge to fluctuate wildly. I got a new one at the local NAPA store and replaced it myself. Seemed to stabilize the needle and when I tested it right away after the fix everything seemed to be normal. However driving it later it seems that my oil pressure could be low, or it could just be an issue with the gauge... I was getting a pretty consistent reading of 20 on the gauge vs. the 40 in the middle.

Oh well, yay for technicalities. Had a good first night... ate a nice dinner at this place called motav in SLO and talked to a real cute server there a bit. Then my brother got ahold of some sigma nu people (that's his frat at SDSU) and we went to a little party that they were having. Back at the hotel now, gonna go to sleep soon so I can get up early and start moving into the dorms. Looking forward to more fun and more girls :-P
jrbike is offline Find More Posts by jrbike
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 01:53 PM
Registered User
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,431 Posts
Alex If you think a jeep is hi maintenance wait till you find a girl freind. Good luck in school make graduation your top pri . Also get a good ground with your sender.
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Multicopter News
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 05:03 PM
2 Build or not 2 build???
jrbike's Avatar
Solana Beach, CA
Joined Jul 2008
551 Posts
True that

Father Ray speaks the truth.

Females make jeep maintenance look like chump change. Wait, who's the chump here???!?!?!?! Oh, yes, we are.

Alex, graduation is priority number one.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus
Alex If you think a jeep is hi maintenance wait till you find a girl freind. Good luck in school make graduation your top pri . Also get a good ground with your sender.
jrbike is offline Find More Posts by jrbike
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 06:27 PM
Registered User
chip.greely's Avatar
Carlsbad, Ca
Joined Mar 2007
3,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbike
Alex, graduation is priority number one.
Yeah, right?!?!

Find some good slopes Alex, so I can brng my toys, next time I come up to visit my son, Chris

Chip

BTW - Tahoe Joes has great Cheesecake
chip.greely is online now Find More Posts by chip.greely
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 09:28 PM
Posse Member
bretski's Avatar
USA, CA, Coronado
Joined Dec 2008
567 Posts
Hey Alex,

It seems you are sliding right into college life. Dude , vehicles were the bane of my existence in college. No need for details here.
bretski is offline Find More Posts by bretski
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 02:07 AM
Original Jackass
Alex May's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2008
1,934 Posts
Bout to spend my first night here in the dorms. I've gotta pretty sweet set up... will get some pictures tomorrow maybe and post em. Tonight was spent going around to a bunch of different halls and hanging out in the lounges meeting and talking to a ton of different people. Real fun times. Went to the football game today vs. Sac State and we won like 38 to 12.
Alex May is offline Find More Posts by Alex May
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 11:49 AM
WARNING: May contain spam
Xpress..'s Avatar
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
20,936 Posts
Sounds like the fun has already started
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 03:42 PM
Registered User
TweakRacer's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
219 Posts
Ray, it was really great catching up with you yesterday at Dave's! Sorry we had to leave so soon. Your Turbo is sweet! I still don't have a TWF in my quiver yet. Hmmmmm.... so when you gonna add a DLG to yours? Light air perfection! BTW, thanks for trimming mine out.
TweakRacer is offline Find More Posts by TweakRacer
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 04:45 PM
2 Build or not 2 build???
jrbike's Avatar
Solana Beach, CA
Joined Jul 2008
551 Posts
Trim my plane

Hey Ray,

I should be getting my "repaired" Moth back from Neil pretty soon. Hopefully, you can trim my plans for me too..... lol
jrbike is offline Find More Posts by jrbike
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 05:52 PM
Is it DS'able?
wr_mizzard's Avatar
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,257 Posts
Mt. Laguna should be really good the next couple of days... SA's are on the way!

-James
who'll probably be stuck at work
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 06:04 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
howsthewind's Avatar
San Diego
Joined May 2005
3,475 Posts
when are the SA's supposed to hit? I need to see if I can get my LEG P63 back into shape in time.

Greg- with too many repairs and not enough motivation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wr_mizzard
Mt. Laguna should be really good the next couple of days... SA's are on the way!

-James
who'll probably be stuck at work
howsthewind is offline Find More Posts by howsthewind
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 06:28 PM
Posse Member
bretski's Avatar
USA, CA, Coronado
Joined Dec 2008
567 Posts
Could someone give directions to the Mt Laguna?

At this point the forcast is looking good for Laguna (tues and wed) but I see that the Otay forecast is really good for Wednesday. Looking to explore the east slope by the "torcher chambers" on the truck trail.
bretski is offline Find More Posts by bretski
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oceanside/San Diego XMas sloping? NWade Slope 16 Dec 27, 2005 12:28 PM
Rave Sloping near San Diego? rbehrends Slope 6 Jan 25, 2005 12:28 AM
Question Sloping in San Diego neojeep Slope 12 Feb 01, 2004 03:37 PM
USA F5B TEAM TRIALS AT SAN DIEGO Dictator for Life Electric Plane Talk 0 May 07, 2001 10:16 PM
Visiting San Diego Peter Mar Electric Plane Talk 6 Apr 27, 2001 12:29 AM