HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2009, 02:22 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,322 Posts
I was concerned because someone else was concerned about the combat activity that has been seen up there recently. I was also concerned because in other areas that I have flown, those that are flying combat sometimes forget that they are not the only ones on the slope. If that's not the case, then no foul and we can forget about this swerve in the thread. Philip's a regular up there and if he isn't concerned then neither am I at this point.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2009, 02:37 PM
On the banana boat
San Diego,Montgomery
Joined Oct 2004
847 Posts
Alex, thank you for filling in that big rut in the road going up the hill
Throne is offline Find More Posts by Throne
Old Feb 14, 2009, 03:45 PM
Original Jackass
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2008
1,934 Posts
no problem. I figured as long as we were getting unstuck we should clean up our mess somewhat. Hopefully that section of the trail is much nicer now. We really should get a bunch of us together one day and just fill in a bunch of the ruts on that hill.
Alex May is offline Find More Posts by Alex May
Old Feb 14, 2009, 04:15 PM
On the banana boat
San Diego,Montgomery
Joined Oct 2004
847 Posts
Work Party's were rulled out some time ago as they draw too much attention. Just throw a few rocks in here and there and all is good.

-Philip
Throne is offline Find More Posts by Throne
Old Feb 14, 2009, 04:25 PM
Original Jackass
Joined Feb 2008
1,934 Posts
Ah I see. Interesting. Oh well.
Alex May is offline Find More Posts by Alex May
Old Feb 14, 2009, 04:48 PM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,456 Posts
Blossom is so big that you can combat away from every body else flying, even the Jellyfish. The only incidents are when newbies don't move away from the Paraglider take off or landing zone or when the paragliders stay in the RC window after take off. Nothing a quick explanation can't fix.
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer
Old Feb 14, 2009, 06:35 PM
Jim in San Diego
Joined Nov 2002
4,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburglar
Here's one I forgot to post http://vimeo.com/3169839 It was my last flight in the USA.

Dan (DC812) took all the footage.

Thanks again to all of you for looking after me while I was over in San Diego. I really appreciate it.

Jordan
Hi Jordan! Good to hear from you & I was glad you could join us. Hope all is well with you,
Jim
Pismo is offline Find More Posts by Pismo
Old Feb 15, 2009, 06:46 AM
Knuckle Head
SanDiego,CA
Joined Jan 2009
56 Posts
Showing concern for BLOSSUM

Since were on the subject of Blossum I made it up there a little after 1230 and while waiting for the wind to get its act together I decided to police the the trash situation. I spent way over a half hour picking as much as i could .of cource I forgot the extra trash bags to haul that s-- t down with ,and I apologize for the language but it really doesnt matter who throws the stuff if we dont keep that site clean ,,,well it would only be a matter of time before some tree hugger down the road goes to there local counsel and next thing you know posted off limits .Ive seen it happen before ! What miffed me was the seven jelly fish pilots just sitting there watching ,no one lifted so much as a hand.It still needs a good going over anybody want to hook up early and make that site shine ?,,,,,,,,,Ok im going up early tommorrow To all those "concerned furball police" ,maybe we should all make the effort to cherry out the place did I repeat myself enough .
Sean
A concerned sloper
ExAura is offline Find More Posts by ExAura
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:01 AM
Slope Stud
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined May 2001
2,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExAura
Since were on the subject of Blossum I made it up there a little after 1230 and while waiting for the wind to get its act together I decided to police the the trash situation. I spent way over a half hour picking as much as i could .of cource I forgot the extra trash bags to haul that s-- t down with ,and I apologize for the language but it really doesnt matter who throws the stuff if we dont keep that site clean ,,,well it would only be a matter of time before some tree hugger down the road goes to there local counsel and next thing you know posted off limits .Ive seen it happen before ! What miffed me was the seven jelly fish pilots just sitting there watching ,no one lifted so much as a hand.It still needs a good going over anybody want to hook up early and make that site shine ?,,,,,,,,,Ok im going up early tommorrow To all those "concerned furball police" ,maybe we should all make the effort to cherry out the place did I repeat myself enough .
Sean
A concerned sloper
Sean,

I don't go to Blossom enough to have an opinion, I just want to know what in the world are you doing up at 4:46 AM?

Oranator
Who picks up trash everytime he goes to Dave's Beach.
ORANATOR is offline Find More Posts by ORANATOR
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:35 AM
Knuckle Head
SanDiego,CA
Joined Jan 2009
56 Posts
sliced the tips of my middle two fingers off last nite in massive pain and ibuprofin isnt cuting the mustard,wanna see hehe
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:36 AM
Knuckle Head
SanDiego,CA
Joined Jan 2009
56 Posts
hey oran wanna go fly somewhere today?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:53 AM
Slope Stud
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined May 2001
2,264 Posts
Quote:
hey oran wanna go fly somewhere today?
I am going over to the local school in a little bit.

Oranator
ORANATOR is offline Find More Posts by ORANATOR
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2009, 09:30 AM
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
Quote:
.. .
Sean
A concerned sloper
Sean
I've never been up there.. will find it some day..

Seems lots will sometimes loudly express concerns about all kinds of things but few actually DO something about them. I admire your effort, and you have my vote for the SD Sloper of the Month Award! hope the trend you're setting catches on..

Mean time hope your fingers are feeling better today.. and Good-On-Ya!

JimS.. who admits to being too lazy and forgetful to take a trash bag along .. but would never leave any behind himself.
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:52 AM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,456 Posts
I agree with the mess a blossom, most users including the Paragliders clean all their own messes up. Blossom is not only used by RC/ Paragliding it is also a secret party hang out spot for the youth aground there and they come up there in the evenings and leave sometimes quite a mess. As far as i know the land is privately owned and is getting used almost on a don't ask don't tell basis with the owner.
A good rule of thumb is, take more trash down the hill than you brought up there.
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer
Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:18 AM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANATOR
I am going over to the local school in a little bit.

Oranator

Oran I met this guy Moses who has a funjet and some other ducted fan lives in Oceanside and wanted to know where to fly. I mentioned Dave's and the drag strip but said to get on RCgroups and find you. So if Moses calls you, its not Charlton Heston.
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Multicopter News