SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 29, 2007, 08:37 PM
Terry Harner AREA-52
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined May 2007
593 Posts
Still working, not looking good for the hometeam.

Infact, I think it is getting worse! Yikes! "HP attempted underwater survey of debris. Debris was ~10,000 Rem at 4" under water."
The End is offline Find More Posts by The End
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2007, 01:22 AM
San Diego North County
Del Mar
Joined Feb 2007
758 Posts
Mike,

If the Santa Ana's come I thinking Poway also. Let's keep our fingers crossed. I finally got my Cobalt done and need some good wind for the maiden flight.

If Monday is good I'm there, but Tuesday will work also. I just hope there are no fires this time.

Robert
Mr. Robert is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Robert
Old Dec 31, 2007, 12:51 PM
Jim in San Diego
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2002
4,110 Posts
Robert,

Let's hope the winds come up nicely. If so, I'll see you out there.

Terry, don't know what that is but it doesn't sound fun Can't wait for things to slow back down at work and spring winds to hit. I heard rumor that more work in the spring may be happening for you though

Jim
Pismo is offline Find More Posts by Pismo
Old Dec 31, 2007, 02:38 PM
Jim in San Diego
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2002
4,110 Posts
I'm going up to Poway around 12:30 so I'll prop the gate.
Pismo is offline Find More Posts by Pismo
Old Dec 31, 2007, 07:27 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Sep 2007
145 Posts
EPIC DAY at Hodges

So today I thought I would visit Hodges. I brought my fat slow sloper thinking there would be a little lift from the west. There was but it was so sloppy I thought I would visit the east side of the mountain. I had also brought my Raptor in attempts to chuck into the wind down in the field to tune it for its future maiden flight. Well I walked over to the east side and the wind was blowing harder than I have ever experienced. There was about 20 yards of a slight slope that I thought I could lightly toss the Raptor. So first toss was a little to weak and it floated for 10ft before being slapped to the ground. I grabbed it and tried again. This time she flew for a few feet straight and true. I attempted to bring it down but nothing. Now I would consider myself an intermediate pilot. Definetly never flew anything in this kind of wind but I had no choice. The Raptor went off the slope and shot up to about 200ft. It was not coming down. I thought I was going to lose her. I dropped it slowly by dropping the wings into a steep dive until I finally brought her down hard. But no real damage just a dent in the fuse. I fixed the (over done) reflex and tossed her out again and for the next 2hrs. I had the most fun I have ever had flying. The wind was 20 to 30 easily and the gusts were amazing. I had accidentally maidened my Raptor and she flew beautifully. Man what a day!!
EscoFlier is offline Find More Posts by EscoFlier
Old Dec 31, 2007, 07:39 PM
Slope Stud
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined May 2001
2,278 Posts
I never got out of the house today,chores and all.

I did finish my Turbo project, what is the wind supposed to be like tommorrow.

I am going to throw this thind off a cliff somewhere!

Oranator
ORANATOR is offline Find More Posts by ORANATOR
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2007, 07:54 PM
ALL IN !
Carlsbad, California, United States
Joined Feb 2004
2,786 Posts
That looks really nice Oran.
Louied is offline Find More Posts by Louied
Old Dec 31, 2007, 08:11 PM
Slope Stud
Joined May 2001
2,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louied
That looks really nice Oran.

Thanks Louie, but what do you think about the plane.

Oranator
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2007, 08:23 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
San Diego
Joined May 2005
3,517 Posts
Oran-

CAZ050-011300- SAN DIEGO COUNTY VALLEYS- 158 PM PST MON DEC 31 2007 ...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM PST TUESDAY... .TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. PATCHY BLOWING DUST AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS 41 TO 48. WINDS EAST 15 TO 20 MPH. GUSTS TO 35 MPH IN THE EVENING. .NEW YEARS DAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. PATCHY BLOWING DUST IN THE MORNING. HIGHS 71 TO 76 IN THE WESTERN VALLEYS TO 67 TO 72 NEAR THE FOOTHILLS. WINDS EAST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 45 MPH. .TUESDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 42 TO 49. WINDS EAST 15 MPH. GUSTS TO 30 MPH IN THE EVENING.
howsthewind is offline Find More Posts by howsthewind
Old Dec 31, 2007, 08:24 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
San Diego
Joined May 2005
3,517 Posts
sooooo-

Poway sounds like the place to be- Dave's beach won't be squat:

SAN DIEGO COUNTY COASTAL AREAS- 158 PM PST MON DEC 31 2007 .TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS 39 TO 49. LIGHT WINDS BECOMING EAST 15 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. .NEW YEARS DAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS 68 TO 73. WINDS EAST 15 MPH. .TUESDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 39 TO 49. LIGHT WINDS BECOMING EAST 15 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT
Old Dec 31, 2007, 08:29 PM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Hey Escoflyer, thanks for the wind update. We ended up at Poway and it was similar to what you had at Hodges. I know there was wind somewhere. Sounds like it just wasn't getting all the way to the coast. Where did you get all that great lift? I am thinking about doing a Norco trip tomorrow unless I can find something closer like you got. This whole christmas/New Years week has been pretty lame. Got to get some good flying in before getting back to the grind. If anyone wants to hookup tomorrow and do a day trip east, just let me know.

Chris
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot
Old Dec 31, 2007, 08:54 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
San Diego
Joined May 2005
3,517 Posts
Chris-

so poway wasn't any good?

Greg
Old Dec 31, 2007, 08:57 PM
San Diego North County
Del Mar
Joined Feb 2007
758 Posts
Big East wind at Hodges? We were at Poway this afternoon until about 3:30 and the wind was from the west! Not much wind but just enough to get our hopes up. Actually, it was tough scratching to keep up, but fun anyway. Pismo Jim got out the bungy launcher, that was pretty cool.

Anyway, what about tomorrow? I got some east wind here right now in Carmel Valley. I would like to go to Mt. Laguna if the east wind is happening. Any takers?

Robert
Mr. Robert is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Robert
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:36 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,499 Posts
The guy that runs the boat rentals at Lake Poway was busy tying all the boats good and solid today. He said the SAs will be here tomorrow. Blowing east here already.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:48 PM
Slope Stud
Joined May 2001
2,278 Posts
So is the general concenus that poway or hodges will be good?

Which will it be? I have 2 planes on the charger, Shrike and a new Turbo.

Oranator
RCG Plus Member