HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2007, 08:53 PM
Flying since Dec '07
Joined Nov 2007
162 Posts
Discussion
is xheli.com or raidentech.com good places to buy?

wondering if these places are good to buy helicopter from? anyone know?
hockmasm is offline Find More Posts by hockmasm
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:28 PM
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
Take a look and ask in the vender forum.

http://www.rcgroups.com/vendor-talk-21/
OnGuard is offline Find More Posts by OnGuard
Old Nov 30, 2007, 01:24 AM
Agoura Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2007
504 Posts
no.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687602
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609731
hth,
ed
eddo22 is offline Find More Posts by eddo22
Old Nov 30, 2007, 06:11 AM
NY State
Joined Jan 2007
2,833 Posts
Raidentech is badly rated in reseller ratings. I knew that and ordered from them yesterday anyway (a lama V4 and spare blades). The item was shipped yesterday evening, and I do mean legitimately shipped--I have the UPS tracking number and plugging it into UPS shows it truly on its way.
JWilliams2 is offline Find More Posts by JWilliams2
Old Nov 30, 2007, 06:58 AM
Joined Nov 2007
35 Posts
hmm...guess I should have searched the name before ordering my heli. I placed an order with xheli.com last week. They said it shipped out and should be here on Dec. 3, I hope it arrives (the tracking # works). Got a HoneyBee CP2 for $120 shipped with training gear and simulator.
Fleksta is offline Find More Posts by Fleksta
Old Nov 30, 2007, 07:24 AM
NY State
Joined Jan 2007
2,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleksta
hmm...guess I should have searched the name before ordering my heli. I placed an order with xheli.com last week. They said it shipped out and should be here on Dec. 3, I hope it arrives (the tracking # works). Got a HoneyBee CP2 for $120 shipped with training gear and simulator.
Odds are in your favor. These places are clearly lacking with poor customer service and reliability--relative to other vendors, but if they were consistently ripping people off, they'd lose their merchant accounts with credit card companies. They've been in business long enough to have to have some mediocre level of performance to maintain business. That's why I went with raidentech, because nobody else was selling a Lama v4 with a spare whack of blades for $102 shipped (with coupon code!).

I think that a simple order like a single box/kit is difficult to screw up. I noticed a lot of reseller issues with raiden was them sending out junky products, but that isn't really their fault that something they sold sucks, necessarily. If the product is known to be good, it's not like it sitting in their wearhouse will make it break on a shelf. Xheli may be similar. I bet you'll get your heli.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 07:29 AM
Joined Aug 2007
765 Posts
I've bought two helis from them (xheli) and never had a problem. I think their prices are good on the helis, a little high on parts.

They were a little snippy last week when I emailed them, letting them know they sent me a wrong part. Definitely their fault, but I didn't notice it until well outside their 30 day limit. I thought buying 2 birds might make me a ptreferred customer but apparently not.They may still make good on it, not sure yet. I'm getting ready to send back the bad part (skids for a Robins instead of a Lama!).

Misfire
misfire is offline Find More Posts by misfire
Old Nov 30, 2007, 07:43 AM
Flying since Dec '07
Joined Nov 2007
162 Posts
where is the best place to buy? this is going to be a christmas present. cant mess it up!
hockmasm is offline Find More Posts by hockmasm
Old Nov 30, 2007, 09:57 AM
NY State
Joined Jan 2007
2,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockmasm
where is the best place to buy? this is going to be a christmas present. cant mess it up!
What heli?
Old Nov 30, 2007, 01:34 PM
Tampa, FL
Joined Oct 2007
46 Posts
I recently purchased from XHeli (Lama 3) and didn't have any problems with them. Good prices and fast shipping.
SPEED3-TRON is offline Find More Posts by SPEED3-TRON
Old Nov 30, 2007, 02:35 PM
Agoura Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2007
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockmasm
i shop at these sites regularly:
bphobbies.com
helihobby.com
readyheli.com
helidirect.com
eddo22 is offline Find More Posts by eddo22
Old Nov 30, 2007, 05:05 PM
Joined Nov 2007
33 Posts
I bought my Belt CP from raidentech and did not have any problem with them. My friend ordered one from them as well, then found out a week later that they were out of stock. I bought m HB FP from Helidirect and was very pleased with their service.
bucwheat is offline Find More Posts by bucwheat
Old Nov 30, 2007, 07:23 PM
Coimbra
Joined Oct 2006
9 Posts
I bought spares for my aerohawk at raidentech, because it is one of the few sites that still carries replacements for rhis machine at cheap prices. So far I've had 2 flawless orders plus one order missing a main motor, plus one order in which a lipo pack was damaged. As for the motor, I overlooked the subject, as it was a $5 item in a $120 order. As for the lipo, I asked them for a replacement and they replied telling me to send the lipo back for replacement, which I didn't, firstly, because it is overly dangerous to send a leaking lipo by air mail - it could catch fire!!! Secondly, it costs about $20 to send it back. It beats the purpose on a $15 item. So, there you have my experience with the raidentech guys. Use your own judgement.
OliveiraX is offline Find More Posts by OliveiraX
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:01 PM
Reno, NV
Joined Dec 2005
1,001 Posts
I've ordered a few RTF and bare bones helis from Xheli with no problems. The people that seem to have problems generally have ordered a slew of different parts and/or found out after the fact that what they ordered wasn't in stock. I'll continue to order RTF or bare bones helis from them, but I don't think I'll ever try to put in a complicated (i.e., lots of stuff) order.

-JT
jtspin is offline Find More Posts by jtspin
Old Dec 01, 2007, 02:08 AM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
I ordered a heli and parts from Raidentech a while back and received them in a timely manner. I also ordered some parts from xheli and received them. One of them was out of stock and took over 12 weeks to send it to me. I wasn't too happy with their customer service email responses which took 3 days but in the end I did get my stuff. Not sure if I would be a repeat customer as there are other online vendors with superb customer service.
Jetskeeter is offline Find More Posts by Jetskeeter