Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:36 PM
Joined Nov 2007
14 Posts
Question
Where can I find a powered front steering axle for a 1:16 RC DUKW???

Iím currently in the process of assembling the necessary pictures, plans, and materials to begin constructing a 1/16th scale DUKW amphibious truck.

Since I actually plan to make my model amphibious and will need it to be able to pull itself out of the water, I figured that it is pertinent to make my model four wheel drive with the front axle as one of the two powered axles (the real DUKWís were six wheel drive, but I donít think it necessary to power both of the rear axles).

Iíve managed to locate several powered steering axles on various RC sites but all of them are much too long, measuring seven inches at the shortest.

I need an axle that measures roughly 4.25 inches (108 mm) to work in my scale model.

Would any of you know where I could find a shaft driven front wheel drive steering axle for an RC vehicle that measures roughly 4.25 inches???

The specific requirements for this axle include that it be;

1.) Shaft driven
2.) Steerable
3.) Compatible with an electric motor
4.) Able to withstand long periods of submersion in fresh water
5.) Able to be powered for brief periods while submerged in fresh water
6.) Able to power a 1/16 scale DUKW at human walking speeds
7.) Roughly 4.25 inches in with (from the midline of one tire to the midline of the other).
DUKWsinArow is offline Find More Posts by DUKWsinArow
Last edited by DUKWsinArow; Nov 28, 2007 at 01:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts