Closed Thread
Old Nov 27, 2007, 04:17 PM
R/C Super Store
Zebulon, NC
Joined Jul 2007
382 Posts
Alert
East R/C SALE OF THE YEAR!

East R/C is having our SALE OF THE YEAR, celebrating the Holiday Season with tons of bargains for modelers of walks of life! Head on over to EAST R/C and drop into the "Christmas Sale" page.

Big Planes
Little Planes
Helis
Gliders and more!

Don't miss out on these specials. Prices will be effective until December 31st and are not retroactive. If anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to give us a call at (919) 404-1522 or e-mail at sales@eastrc.org

EAST RC is offline Find More Posts by EAST RC
Last edited by EAST RC; Nov 27, 2007 at 06:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2007, 04:18 PM
R/C Super Store
Zebulon, NC
Joined Jul 2007
382 Posts
Old Nov 27, 2007, 04:31 PM
nut
Pots and Kettels
Among the Masses
Joined Sep 2005
255 Posts
Some of your sale prices are higher than other online shops standard prices.
For example: Hobby Lobby has the Alfa A4 for $164.00.

Nut
nut is offline Find More Posts by nut
Old Nov 27, 2007, 06:26 PM
R/C Super Store
Zebulon, NC
Joined Jul 2007
382 Posts
Hobby Lobby is THE North American Distributor for Alfa products, so they can afford to sell lower than dealers. They are one of our many suppliers. We have the Alfa A-4 IN STOCK. I'm sure if you look you will see that some of our prices are higher and some are lower than competitors. It all comes down to the supply chain. A lot of other online shops are just that, and operate out of a garage. That isn't the case here. We offer support for all of our products and maintain a knowledgeable staff of R/C enthusiasts, not to mention we have a fully stocked showroom, shipping, receiving and warehousing facilities and staff.
Last edited by EAST RC; Nov 27, 2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 07:51 PM
Long live the SHP!
CA
Joined Mar 2003
2,487 Posts
Just a suggestion to maybe not have the items that are higher than your competitors listed on the special Christmas sale page.
thomer is online now Find More Posts by thomer
Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:15 PM
Hang-It R/C
Nolensville,TN
Joined Jul 2007
2 Posts
I don't think East R/C competes with Hobby Lobby.
HangIt RC is offline Find More Posts by HangIt RC
Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:27 PM
R/C Super Store
Zebulon, NC
Joined Jul 2007
382 Posts
I can appreciate anyones comments or suggestions.

To all of our customers, we dearly appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you in the future. To any new customers we aquire, we look forward to taking good care of you, providing you with the best possible service and our 110% dedication to the products we offer and those that we offer them to.

Thanks Guys & Gals!

If anyone wants to communicate with us about the sale, please give us a call or send us an e-mail and we will be happy to talk with you.

We hope everyone here on RCG has a Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays!
Last edited by EAST RC; Nov 29, 2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 04:56 PM
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Youngsville, NC
Joined May 2006
175 Posts
Hi Guys/Gals,

I would like to add to Chris' statement about the Alpha. HL is the importer and sometimes offer deeper discounts on some items than folks like us in their dealer network. With our free shipping, our A4 is right with the HL price. Until Dec 15th, it's actually below the HL price, as we're doing an additional 5% discount on everything (drop it in the cart and have a look at your price, it's $162.44 + free shipping). It's one of those items where the margins aren't good, but we do have them in stock and ready to ship right now, whereas HL is out until the 14th.

We do our best to offer good prices on our items, and the prices on our sales page are cut from our normal sales prices. We try to be as competitive as possible, but naturally can't beat every price, everywhere and keep the doors open :-).

Anyway, we do try to price match where we can, so if you should see something that we have and would like to see if we can help you, feel free to drop us a note to sales @ eastrc . org.

Happy Holidays to all!
Dave
Tweek is offline Find More Posts by Tweek
Last edited by Tweek; Dec 05, 2007 at 03:58 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2007, 07:59 PM
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Youngsville, NC
Joined May 2006
175 Posts
In addition to free shipping and various in-house price cuts for the holidays, we have an additional 5% off everything until Dec 15th. You can see this extra discount when you place an item in the shopping cart and have a look. Don't forget to click the "Free Shipping" button and recalculate if your sub-total is above $100, and you live in the US. If you're outside the US, we'll work with you to get you the lowest shipping rate we can.

If your subtotal is below $100, we can do a flat rate $3.50 USPS shipping on items that are below 1 lb and will fit into a padded envelope.

Merry Christmas!
Dave
www.eastrc.org
Old Dec 05, 2007, 04:37 AM
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Youngsville, NC
Joined May 2006
175 Posts
Many of you don't know who we are, so I put a little info and some pics together of our shop. I've been into modelling since the late 60's, and flying R/C since the mid-70's. Both of my sons and wife (along with several other folks) work at East R/C. Chris (son) has been flying since about '93 and spent a bit of time as a Hobby-Lobby employee, until coming home this year to help with East R/C startup. Brandon (son) has been in and out for about 8 years, and has about a year of steady flying under the belt. We started this business next to our motorcycle company of nearly 10 years, ScootWorks early this year. This allowed us to come out of the hole with a mature purchasing, receiving shipping, A/P, etc operation, able to deal with internet sales & shipping in addition to conventional retail.

East R/C is steadily growing...our new Zebulon store is packed so tight, one has to turn sideways to walk between the isles. More space is coming in the near future (new building coming available next to our other buildings on Vance street), so things can be more comfortable for the retail customers. We now stock aircraft from micro to giant scale...models like Extra 260, Extra 330L, and Yak are in stock in 25%, 30%, and 35% size. In house are 98 different aircraft models, and several pieces of most every model. LOTS of AIRPLANES.

Our helicopter lineup is growing. We decided to get a heli, then stock all of the parts for it. Once that models is completely supported, we move on and pick another. This way, what ever you buy to fly, we have the parts to repair and/or hop it up. we carry the famous V3-Lama Helicopter, Falcon 3-D, Belt-CP EP Heli, RCER DRAGONUS II N-Plus 3D Heli Kit (a true heli KIT), and the Venom Micro heli. T-Rex & parts are coming next...

The shop is PACKED with hardware...over 15,000 packs of hardware alone. Building materials from balsa, carbon, ply, birch, nylon, and foam are here. Radio gear, flight packs, servos, replacement servo gear sets, batteries (NiCd, NiMH, NiMa, LiPo, etc) of all sizes from 100ma to 50005c1p, charges, balancers, etc, etc.

Supplies abound at East R/C. Landing gear, motor mounts, fuel tanks of all sizes, hinges, horns and bellcranks, field support equipment, tools, and more. LOADS of fuel in several percentages and styles, lubes like MC-1, Amsoil Sabre, and even Turbine oil are in stock. We don't have it all, but we're heading in that direction :-)

The website is growing every day, in an effort to get all of our inventory listed online. We still have over 1000 items to add, and about 14 more aircraft to get online. The website shows ONLY our stock...not what we can get...it shows what you can order on the phone or internet and have shipped immediately. Check us our at www.eastrc.org and spend a bit of time browsing. We offer free shipping on items in the lower 48 states for orders over $100, full time telephone and online support, and a walk in store for the locals that is open mon-fri 9-5, tues & thurs nites until 9pm, and sat 9-4. Have a look at the website or stop by the store when you can. Also, if you don't see what you're looking for, drop us an email...there's a good chance we have it in stock, but not on the website yet.

I've put a small tour of our cramped showroom, shipping, receiving, etc together. It can be seen at http://www.eastrc.org/storepics/phpslideshow.php

Happy Holidays,
Dave
http://www.eastrc.org
Old Dec 06, 2007, 11:32 AM
I like them a bit tail heavy
Carolina's
Joined May 2004
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek

I've put a small tour of our cramped showroom, shipping, receiving, etc together. It can be seen at http://www.eastrc.org/storepics/phpslideshow.php

Happy Holidays,
Dave
http://www.eastrc.org
It is probably a good thing I don't live near your store. My credit cards couldn't take it. You have a really nice looking place.

Tom
tdab is offline Find More Posts by tdab
Old Dec 06, 2007, 12:46 PM
NY State
Joined Jan 2007
2,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdab
It is probably a good thing I don't live near your store. My credit cards couldn't take it. You have a really nice looking place.

Tom
Yep, looks clean and like they have a ton of stock.
JWilliams2 is offline Find More Posts by JWilliams2
Old Dec 06, 2007, 12:54 PM
R/C Super Store
Zebulon, NC
Joined Jul 2007
382 Posts
Thanks, Guys!
Old Dec 06, 2007, 02:55 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdab
Amen! Looks like I could be there for hours!
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Dec 06, 2007, 03:23 PM
R/C Super Store
Zebulon, NC
Joined Jul 2007
382 Posts
It looks like a lot of the RCG guys here are into EDF's and Warbirds! That's awesome. It seems like the 3D aspect of the hobby has kind of peeked out a bit and other facets are coming back around in popularity. I just recently got into EDF flying and Warbirds and it is a lot of fun. One of the local guys brought in his Bud Nosen P-47 (104") kit and I made templates of all of the parts and copied the plans at the local Kinkos. I'm still unsure of the project. I love the model, but it will be one heck of an undertaking to complete. Anyone have a suggestion on a powerplant for that airplane?
Closed Thread