HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2007, 09:58 PM
Smoke gets in your eyes
Joined Apr 2007
191 Posts
Discussion
Car crushed for"signs of illegal street racing"

Heard about this and thought they have gone to far.
http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/56677...er-VIDEO-.html

Most of my cars have had"signs of illegal street racing" buy those standards.
Selective enforcement Is a problem and not fair.Some one in another board posted this..
Quote:
Why don't you go over to Jesse James' shop, West Coast Choppers? Oh, never mind. He settled for what, $250,000 with CARB for selling 50 illegal motorcycles? I didn't hear anything about the rich and famous gettibg their west Coast Chopper crushed. California is such a fun place. I'm glad I moved away.
2SMOKINBARRELS is offline Find More Posts by 2SMOKINBARRELS
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:17 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
He's a suspected car thief. The car crushing was part of a plea arrangement to avoid stiffer penalties. And he was arrested a week after the plea for felony auto theft. Looks like he got off easy the first time. And it sounds like he won't be plea bargaining this time.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Nov 27, 2007, 01:46 AM
Smoke gets in your eyes
Joined Apr 2007
191 Posts
Quote:
Department officers on Oct. 15 after they noticed his Honda's illegally modified exhaust system.

Once Sung was stopped, they saw other signs of illegal street racing, including a fiberglass hood and a sway bar on the back of the car, said Officer Brian Nystedt.
Its how they got to that point.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 02:40 AM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
How they got there had a little more to do than just street racing. The guy was apparently into stolen car parts. The transmission had it's serial number chipped off. He was given a chance to plead to a lesser charge and took it. After that, the rest is history.

Sounds like good, solid police work to me. This guy wasn't your average teenager working retail to buy parts for his car.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Nov 30, 2007, 11:42 AM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1
How they got there had a little more to do than just street racing. The guy was apparently into stolen car parts. The transmission had it's serial number chipped off. He was given a chance to plead to a lesser charge and took it. After that, the rest is history.

Sounds like good, solid police work to me. This guy wasn't your average teenager working retail to buy parts for his car.
I'm with you plus its pay back for all the people who got their cars stolen to keep that illegal bucket running.
Anyone else notice that hot chicks work at the wrecking yard?
Skrogg is offline Find More Posts by Skrogg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Babymetal!
Old Nov 30, 2007, 11:51 AM
Smoke gets in your eyes
Joined Apr 2007
191 Posts
You guys dont get it,there was no street racing.It looked like a street racer.
IMO profiling isnt "good solid police work".
Old Nov 30, 2007, 01:03 PM
Parrothead Extraordinaire
Island of Margaritaville.No parallels of latitude or longitude mark the spot exactly. Passports are not required
Joined Sep 2002
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SMOKINBARRELS
You guys dont get it,there was no street racing.It looked like a street racer.
IMO profiling isnt "good solid police work".
What O.J. said...
Mark Gund is offline Find More Posts by Mark Gund
Old Nov 30, 2007, 01:43 PM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
Quote:
Sung was arrested by Long Beach Police
Department officers on Oct. 15 after they noticed his Honda's illegally modified exhaust system.
so, it was the exhaust that brought attention upon himself.

Quote:
Once Sung was stopped, they saw other signs of illegal street racing, including a fiberglass hood and a sway bar on the back of the car, said Officer Brian Nystedt. A peek under the hood revealed the vehicle identification number had been chipped off the transmission, which is a sure sign of a stolen part, Nystedt added.
and then other illegal parts were found

the moral of the story is don't modify your car with parts deemed illegal in your area. this guy's car wasn't destroyed based on assumption of being a street racer. all the parts on the car added up to it being used for that. deductive reasoning is a good thing.
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Old Nov 30, 2007, 01:43 PM
Joined Feb 2004
848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SMOKINBARRELS
Its how they got to that point.
I would imagine the police "got to that point" by seeing and hearing an illegally modified exhaust, which was in plain sight. That (plain sight thingy) gave them PC to search the car.

The kid is a thief, and is hardly a poster boy for heavy-handed policing of Ricky racers. Looks like good police work to me.
Fishnut is offline Find More Posts by Fishnut
Old Nov 30, 2007, 01:53 PM
WBE
Las Vegas Circle Burners
United States, NV, Henderson
Joined Aug 2005
603 Posts
My favorite asian driving her import

Targeting punks in their Hondas has become a new hobby for her since she got the GL550.
WBE is offline Find More Posts by WBE