HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2007, 04:36 PM
Canada, AB, Airdrie
Joined Oct 2001
2,324 Posts
Discussion
COAX Scale bodies and mods

Hey all

Having been deeply involved in scale fixed wing stuff for a long time I have aquired many tools and skills for Vacuum forming canopies etc.

I would like to do a scale body for the BladeCX2 that I have and was thinking of a Kamov Ka-52 Alligator..has anyone done one??

I would think that more power would be required, So any Hot rodding tips to make the CX2 into a 11.1v would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bruce
gbruce is offline Find More Posts by gbruce
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2007, 10:37 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbruce
Hey all

Having been deeply involved in scale fixed wing stuff for a long time I have aquired many tools and skills for Vacuum forming canopies etc.

I would like to do a scale body for the BladeCX2 that I have and was thinking of a Kamov Ka-52 Alligator..has anyone done one??

I would think that more power would be required, So any Hot rodding tips to make the CX2 into a 11.1v would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bruce
Ive done these
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:28 AM
Canada, AB, Airdrie
Joined Oct 2001
2,324 Posts
For some reason yours look a little porky...don't mind me I'm a scaleaholic

I am using the 4 view drawing found in the Revell 1/72 scale plastic model as my reference,of course that could be off as well but it does look longer and sleeker. how long is your KA-52 body? Mine works out to 19"

I do love some of your scale bodies..especially your new 500E which I plan to get as soon as I get into the CP helis..probably a Blade 400 3D

Bruce
Old Nov 28, 2007, 01:53 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Be careful on the Coaxials on the size of the bodies, to big/heavy it may fly but you will fry your 4-1. The fuselages may be a little stout but that is so that it will accomodate the mechanics and still maintain a good weight ratio. Interested in seeing what you come up with.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 07:23 PM
Canada, AB, Airdrie
Joined Oct 2001
2,324 Posts
Darthdrk

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep it as light as possible... any ideas on a Max AUW for the Blade??

speaking of which, Have you ever used sheet foam to vacuum form with?

Bruce
Old Nov 28, 2007, 07:41 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
As far as the Blade Cp and The HBCP2, I fly them with some bodies weighing over 100 grams such as my Hind D and AH-64 apache. Actually the bodies dont weigh 100 grams but when you include scale landing gears and mounting platforms that will add to the weight. Most of my bigger Cp/2 bodies weigh around 40-50 grams. Helis does fly nice and smooth.
I never tried to form with the foam. Im thinking I may be branching off into mini fixed wings and I may give it a try whenever I get to them.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 06:09 AM
Praying for better weather
Joined Dec 2007
4,214 Posts
Could you knock up a decent apache body for a vortex v2 by any chance ?
Coyote64 is offline Find More Posts by Coyote64