SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 27, 2007, 11:08 AM
User
Colorado
Joined Oct 2004
1,424 Posts
That's great that they have +/-4 ppm. Could you provide info on the manufacturer/part number of the resonators?
rmteo is offline Find More Posts by rmteo
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:07 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,043 Posts
If the answers to these questions are so important to you, why don't you work it out in email or PM with Mr Drew?
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Nov 27, 2007, 11:10 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
RMTEO, try asking Horizon or Futaba that kind of detail. I worked Electronic Warfare for 25 years. As an operator, how about sticking to performance questions and leaving the design implementation to the people producing it.

If you want more than that then go design a system yourself.
skubacb is offline Find More Posts by skubacb
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:40 AM
User
Colorado
Joined Oct 2004
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skubacb
....I worked Electronic Warfare for 25 years....
And that proves what?... LOL!!!
rmteo is offline Find More Posts by rmteo
Old Nov 28, 2007, 08:45 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skubacb
RMTEO, try asking Horizon or Futaba that kind of detail. I worked Electronic Warfare for 25 years. As an operator, how about sticking to performance questions and leaving the design implementation to the people producing it.

If you want more than that then go design a system yourself.
RMTEO, his statement about his experience was a direct lead-in to his main assertion that operators should be worried about how to OPERATE , not how to DESIGN
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:13 AM
Medellín, Colombia
Joined Jan 2010
145 Posts
Hi guys.
it's a must to use some kind of vibration damper to our receivers. maybe if electronic components with low mass and hence, inertia doesn't be affected with vibration, solder joints on the PCB does!.
is not a good deal to think that a MCU, resonator, crystal would be damaged, if you don't think how those components are connected together!.

tiny receivers uses thinner PCB's (more flexible and fragile), also, less solder. if any solder joint just break, can make our plane fall as a rock.

please, don't you think that spending some cents on foam or velcro worth more than loosing a expensive plane?

just think about it!
Mauricio2346 is offline Find More Posts by Mauricio2346
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:10 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
ooh, sweet thread necromancy
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:14 PM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
ooh, sweet thread necromancy
well, some people are not impulsive, they take their time to think things over.
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:29 PM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Aug 2004
797 Posts
Many years ago I borrowed an accelerometer from the Boeing Labs and checked the K&B 40 pylon racer I was using.(In the early 70's) I found about 100g's when the engine was running at top speed. Since the accelerometer was about the size of a servo motor I put it inside of a servo case and found the same 100 g's. That vibration was so fierce and at such high frequency it went right through the mounting rubber grommets just as though the were made of wood. Since that time I have ignored those rubber grommets and screwed my servos down solidly. I have never had an inflight servo failure.( I feel it helps prevent flutter)
You people that feel that cushioning is helping you are fooling yourself.
I mount my 2.4 receivers on velcro so I can remove them easily.
dirtybird is offline Find More Posts by dirtybird