HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2007, 03:20 PM
Oakville Canada
Oakville
Joined Sep 2004
64 Posts
Discussion
Hangar 9 Tango 40 Official Build Thread

I have recently purchased the Hangar 9 Tango 40 and plan on putting it together over the winter. If I can pick up a pair of skis I will maiden her sometime soon but wanted to get a Thread going for this great bird so there is a one stop shop for all those who have picked one up.

Please post picks of set ups, modifications and those who are creative enough to personailize it.

Looking forward to your great posts!

Cheers from Toronto Canada!

Mike
januszczak is offline Find More Posts by januszczak
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2007, 03:28 PM
Oakville Canada
Oakville
Joined Sep 2004
64 Posts
So far I have removed all the Tango stickers by applying a small amount of heat (with a heat gun) and slowly lifting one corner and peeling it back. The nice thing about this is that Hangar 9 laid the pin stripe's down complete underneath the "Tango" stickers so it look great when they are all off. Also I removed the grey windows from both sides as I felt they just don't look right. I am playing with black vinyl and getting the scale and demenions right for 1 window on each side.

I will post picks shortly.Also I plan on putting in an O.S 46 in for starters.

Mike
Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:23 PM
I'll sell it all
USA, NC, Hendersonville
Joined Aug 2007
61 Posts
I have a nice set of ski's that would match that plane well. Made of wood and the tail ski has a turn fin on the bottom. I have another set on a Stick and they work great. Wood color on the bottom and black/orange on the top.
rcflyer1984 is offline Find More Posts by rcflyer1984
Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:00 PM
The wing is the thing
Great Bend, Kansas, United States
Joined May 2004
609 Posts
Great skis! I think the tango would be ahoot on floats also.
RANSWrench is offline Find More Posts by RANSWrench
Old Nov 27, 2007, 06:55 PM
MAAC # 11387
BC
Joined Jul 2007
53 Posts
I have a Tango as well and I'm going to put a 91 four cycle on it. Should 3D nicely with that combo.
Cheers from Comox BC
JJ42 is offline Find More Posts by JJ42
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:21 AM
Canucklehead
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Joined Apr 2004
827 Posts
Weird looking plane. Should be interesting to see how it performs. Not many high wing 3D planes.

Are you a member of the OMFC Janus? I fly at their North Field.
orenda635 is offline Find More Posts by orenda635
Old Dec 01, 2007, 05:48 PM
Oakville Canada
Oakville
Joined Sep 2004
64 Posts
Orenda635, I am a member of Derry Flyers (our field is in Bolton). Its a bit of a drive but has only 35 members and its a Sod Farm which is huge. I was thinking of joining OMFC this comming season for those late afternoon flights. Its seems its always calm around here late in the afternoon.

Should have some build/mod pics soon
Old Dec 02, 2007, 05:15 PM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Jun 2007
4 Posts
I have built 2 of these as I wanted an all up comparison glow to electric. The first one is equipted with an OS .46 AX and a Zinger 12x5 wood prop. The second one has a Great Planes Rimfire 42-50-800, which should be a.46 equivelent. 80 amp Venom speed control and a 18.5 volt battery, both 2100Mah and 4000Mah. After flight testing, I ended up with a seperate battery for the receiver and servos. Both are guided by Futaba 2.4Ghz. The electric climbs much faster than the glow, but I can fly a lot longler with the glow. I will be doing a lot more comparasons of them in the spring. As the weather here is really starting to be not good. So far, it is a great airplane both glow and electric!
aldelp is offline Find More Posts by aldelp
Old Dec 02, 2007, 06:12 PM
Oakville Canada
Oakville
Joined Sep 2004
64 Posts
Thanks aldelp! Looking forward to your reviews. I am putting an O.S 46 in her as well. We just got about 12" of snow and expecting freezing rain so our winter is officially here as well.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:19 AM
Joined Jul 2006
273 Posts
Any updates? I just recently purchased one at a local hobby shop. I'm going to use my OS 55 AX.

NorfolkSouthern
NorfolkSouthern is offline Find More Posts by NorfolkSouthern
Old Feb 24, 2008, 10:10 AM
Oakville Canada
Oakville
Joined Sep 2004
64 Posts
Norfolk,
My Tango is ready to go however, we have been hammered with snow this winter and I don't have skis for this one. I have been flying my Mini Ultrastick as she is suited up with skis. I have the new Flycam1 and have been shooting lotts of aerial videos. When the weather gets better I plan on getting both birds up at the same time and doing some chasing video and close up flying habbits and abilities of the Tango.

I will post some pics of my built Tango shortly.

Cheers!
Old Aug 24, 2008, 08:50 PM
MAAC # 11387
BC
Joined Jul 2007
53 Posts
Any more "Tango-ers" out there???? I would be interested in hearing about and seeing a few.
Cheers.
JJ42 is offline Find More Posts by JJ42
Old Aug 25, 2008, 05:29 AM
Fly Every Day
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined Apr 2001
801 Posts
Tango - A regular Flyer!

I flew mine yesterday. It is one of my fun planes and I fly it often. I think it is one of the best deals out there along with the Eratix. I would definitely recommend stating with the CG to the forward limit. It does have the potential to be a little squirrelly if you move the CG back too far.

If you get one I think you will well pleased and get a lot of enjoyment from it.

Cheers,
Paul
pmmartin is offline Find More Posts by pmmartin
Old Aug 25, 2008, 06:13 PM
RB #2
Lake of The Ozarks
Joined Jul 2006
314 Posts
Luv my Tango.....

I have 10 or 12 planes and I hardly ever take any out to the field anymore except my Edge V3 profile an my Tango.

Matter of fact, I fly the Tango about 3 to 1 compared to the profile anymore

Ron
The Toolman is offline Find More Posts by The Toolman
Old Aug 25, 2008, 06:28 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Long Island NY, USA
Joined Dec 2005
2,775 Posts
great flying plane, the tang is.

friend of mine had it (i helped him get it ready to go). started off with an old 40 LA in it and that would chug it around at 3/4s throttle. strapped a 55AX in there and she really ripped!! unlimited everything.

really fun plane to bang around and great for the price. i'm gonna have to get one when my tribute 36 with a 46 AX in it gives out
heligrom is offline Find More Posts by heligrom