HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by guapoman2000, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 04:54 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Gallery
Thankful of my collections of models!

I would not be able to fit all my models in one picture, however, I too like to give many thanks to the good Lord for giving me health, spare monies, understanding family for all these models that I have.

(1) Sportsman Aviation 55 inch wing span Corsair with retracts
(2) Pacific Models 30 size Tiger Moth (all Yellow version).
(2) Great Planes Foam Corsairs.
(3) Great Planes Super Sportster Ep's. (One with powerful 36mm Brushless).
(3) Hobbico Super Star EP's. (One with Powerful Himax HB3630-1000 BL).
(1) GWS Very Detailed PT-17 Stearman with Hyperion Brushless.
(1) GWS Very Detailed pico Tiger Moth with Himax 2212-1180 Brushless.
(1) Great Planes Fokker DVII with RIMFIRE Brushless.
(1) Great Planes S.E.5a with RIMFIRE Brushless.
(1) Omei 2 meter semi-Hotliner Powered Glider (new in box).
(1) GWS Formosa-II new in Box.
(1) GWS pico J3 Cub new in Box.
(1) World Models Miss America EP P-51D Mustang new in box.
(1) World Models Rambler EP with brushless.
(2) World Models Sky Raider MACH-II's (One with powerful Himax geared BL).
(1) World Models Sky Raider MACH-I, High Wing new in Box (Yellow Graphics design).
(1) Herr Engineering 35.5 inch wing span J3 Cub Kit new in box.
(1) Herr Engineering 31 inch wing span PT-17 Stearman.
(1) Herr Engineering 34 inch wing span AirBoss new in box.
(1) GWS E-Starter new in box.
(2) Sig 49 Inch Wing Span Rascal, one operational, one new in box.
(1) Thunder Tiger Sparky new in box (49 inch wing span).
(1) Thunder Tiger Scooter one in repairs and one new in box (49 inch wing span).
(1) World Models Clipped Wing J3 Cub (Yellow) new in box with power system.
(1) World Models Full 49 inch wing span J3 Cub in repairs, almost flight ready.
(1) Herr Engineering 43 inch wing span P-51D Mustang assembled ready to cover.
(1) Thunder Tiger Whisper 1400 Sail Plane new in box.
(1) Giles 202 49 inch wing span 3D Glow new in box.
(1) Mountain Models Switch Back new in bag.
(1) Glow-to-Electric conversion of MidWest Citabria 80 inch wing span RC operational.
(1) Lanier 21st Century 40 Size Citabria new in process of contruction.
(1) Combat XE-2 Wing with Mega 16/15/4-turn Brushless.
(1) Zagi Wing with Himax HC2815-2300 Brushless.
(1) Carl Goldberg Gentle Lady converted to Electric.
(1) Hobby-Lobby mini-Telemaster with ailerons and Brushless.

Many many....others that I just forgotten and he's a few via pictures in my work shop!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2007, 08:06 AM
USA, MA, Northfield
Joined Sep 2005
628 Posts
help on himaxx 3630 1000

Been enjoying (and learning) from your posts on endos etc. I picked up a used himaxx 3630-1000 and plan on replacing a mpi cobalt 2008 with that (after i finally fly the sureflite old style spitfire that's been "almost" ready for 15 years)- anyway- what prop and battery are u using in the super star and can u tell me the amp draw? cheers jim e
jim e is online now Find More Posts by jim e
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:04 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim e
Been enjoying (and learning) from your posts on endos etc. I picked up a used himaxx 3630-1000 and plan on replacing a mpi cobalt 2008 with that (after i finally fly the sureflite old style spitfire that's been "almost" ready for 15 years)- anyway- what prop and battery are u using in the super star and can u tell me the amp draw? cheers jim e
Hobbico Super Star EP with HIMAX HB3630-1000 swinging the Master Airscrew "Electric" 10 X 8 propeller and using as an example...the 3-Cell, TP-2100's in Parallel (4200mAH), 15C discharge, Li-POLYs draw 24 AMPs @ Wide Open Throttle. Using the Heavier Gold Peak GP-3300mAH, 8-Cells, Sub-C, Ni-MH the AMP draw is about the same as these Ni-MH's certainly pump out the AMPs!

Top speed with 3S2P Li-POLYs was a little over 61 MPH (Ground Speed) using my Garmin Geko 201 GPS receiver.

The heaviest that my Super Star EP tips the digital scale with the 8-Cell, Sub-C, Ni-MH's is right at 3.4lbs. She flys terrific!
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:24 AM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,860 Posts
Killer collection, man. Just fantastic.

Say, how do you like that Mini Telemaster? Mine is still a box of parts and will be for a little while, at least until I get to finish up some product reviews for rcpowermag.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Call it a "review preview."
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:29 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDrive1061
Killer collection, man. Just fantastic.

Say, how do you like that Mini Telemaster? Mine is still a box of parts and will be for a little while, at least until I get to finish up some product reviews for rcpowermag.
I bought mine from the Hobby Store and it was on consignment so, I did not build it. A few things....make sure you secure those dang light weight control rods going to the elevator and rudder and prevent them from flexing! Also, if you are going to have ailerons make sure they have enough width to them and throw as this model has the slowest roll rate in my entire fleet or at least how the person who built it had set it up. If those ailerons turn up to be rather thin and scale like then, you would need to have a little airspeed to have any respectable roll rate.

Other than what I listed above she is the most relaxing RC Model to date and she is one heck of a floater due to her super light weight construction!!!

She is very nice!
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:33 AM
USA, MA, Northfield
Joined Sep 2005
628 Posts
break in

Guapoman- Perhaps i should post the advice seeking on my blog. Basically i am breaking in another "hard" brush motor with the motor "checker". See pics. note the better indication of "condition" with higher voltage (motor rated 4.8-9.6v)- Started out in middle of condition curve on 9.6v- now better with about 1/3 brush contact (approx. nine hours break in with frequent cooling off). Thinking the motor may tolerate 3s lipoly with small folding prop on my flying tractor wing. (11A max. specs on box??) jim
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:17 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim e
Guapoman- Perhaps i should post the advice seeking on my blog. Basically i am breaking in another "hard" brush motor with the motor "checker". See pics. note the better indication of "condition" with higher voltage (motor rated 4.8-9.6v)- Started out in middle of condition curve on 9.6v- now better with about 1/3 brush contact (approx. nine hours break in with frequent cooling off). Thinking the motor may tolerate 3s lipoly with small folding prop on my flying tractor wing. (11A max. specs on box??) jim
That looks like a Long Can 400 (480 Brushed) and from what those measured values, it seems like the 7.2 Volt 480 "Can" Brushed Motor. However, you will notice quickly when you place a load (propeller) and see what you get with a battery source. Direct Drive setup would not be something that you can use with 3-Cell Li-POLYs, a gearbox would be the appropriate setup.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 01:48 PM
USA, MA, Northfield
Joined Sep 2005
628 Posts
600 size megaX 8.4

Protech motor(ME60071)- will have to try a few props on 9.6v and 2s lipoly to see what it draws.

Glad u get so much enjoyment out of your good fortune- doesn't look like u'll be lacking airframes for quire a while. cheers jim
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jim e; Nov 21, 2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old May 18, 2008, 10:50 AM
Orlando area,Florida, USA
Joined Nov 2007
12 Posts
Winter Springs

You should drive over to Central Winds and fly the T-28 with us...
Had 7 up this morning (Sunday) and most were stock.
Ken Schmidt
Oviedo,Fl
sailorboy is offline Find More Posts by sailorboy