|Nov 20, 2007, 08:53 AM|
Traders be aware
First thanks to everyone I have dealt with over the past few years. Trading is fun and just another part of a great hobby. In all my transactions, the ones that have been problematic are few. And most were on RCU, not RCG. If that tells you anything.
So, I thought I post some of my ideas on how to look out for scams etc. Here goes:
1. If it's to good to be true, It likely isn't properly or accuratly described.
2. Be wary of those with zero ratings as a seller. But keep in mind, everyone starts with a zero.
3. If a person a a zero rating as a buyer, just be sure they understand fully what they are getting, what the actual cost is and how you expect to be paid and when.
4. Be doubly aware of the people that come across as having a attitude. I find that as much of a concern as anything. I've dealt with one person specifically, that is as arrogant as possible. He's a crook and makes you feel like it's your fault that you received something different than he descibed. If you get that "vibe" during a deal, back off, stay away, run, but get out. This was on RCU, but I recently see him here. Be carefull. Ratings may not reflect this. It is very possible to intimadate via email.
5. It's a hobby, anyone that has so much stuff for sale, that he looks like a store, likely is in it for a profit or got in over his head. If that's up front it's fine. We all know a few people that list regularly and are great people in everyway. But, those that pop up out of no where, may have had issues on other sites.
6. Always take comments about needing the money, losing a job or other excuses for slow shipment etc with a grain of salt. Not to say that can't happen, but unless you know someone well, it can be part of a scam.
7. If you get burned, tell eveyone, use the trader thread or whatever means you can. But get the word out. Just be sure you are giving accurate information and have back up.
8. Just enjoy. It's fun and if it stops being fun, take up slot car racing or something.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Please be aware of the Announcements forum||Andy W||Fuel Plane Talk||4||Mar 04, 2005 05:31 PM|
|Please be aware of the Announcements forum||Andy W||Electric Plane Talk||0||Mar 04, 2005 07:08 AM|
|*BE AWARE OF FAKE EMAILS, and esp attachments!*||AMCross||Site Chat||0||Mar 08, 2004 05:50 PM|
|Gearbox Help! be aware!||kimsail||Power Systems||28||Jan 11, 2004 12:17 PM|
|Be Aware Of Your Flying Field Tricks||miltmerc||Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric)||8||Aug 18, 2002 03:54 PM|