HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2007, 01:05 AM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined May 2002
2,609 Posts
Alert
ALWAYS check here before you buy on line!

I've seen many threads asking about this place or that place, if they are reputable etc.

After learning the hard way I now always check here:

http://www.resellerratings.com

The reviewers (including me) are ruthless, so if they have had ANY bad experience, you'll know about it.

Recently, someone asked about these guys:
http://www.resellerratings.com/store...Camera_Beachtr

They look fine and dandy

Remember, if the price is too good to be tru, it probably is. Typically a bait and switch outfit. I hate 'em!

CJS
CactusJackSlade is offline Find More Posts by CactusJackSlade
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:44 AM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,399 Posts
Thanks for the link and for the "Keep your eyes open protection".
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:25 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,623 Posts
Yes, thanks.

Crooks and scammers are everywhere. So be-aware...

http://runryder.com/helicopter/t387226p1/
borneobear is offline Find More Posts by borneobear
Old Nov 20, 2007, 03:44 PM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
10,567 Posts
This thread is just another fine example of the brotherhood of AP’ers looking out for each other. Thanks CactusJack you just saved me a ton of trouble. I had recently ordered a Nikon D80 to replace my Nikon D70 from bestpricecameras.com, I just typed their name into the web site you provided and my eyes nearly popped out. Looks like that web site is a scam. I should have known $209.00 was too good to be true. I was also e-mail by bestpricecameras.com and told the D80 is on back order. So I just canceled my credit card and canceled my order. Looks like I will come out this unscathed because of this thread I was able to act fast and cancel everything.

Thanks again
Dave

resellerratings.com is now on my favorits list in my broweser.
DWA is offline Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2007, 04:31 PM
NY State
Joined Jan 2007
2,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borneobear
Yes, thanks.

Crooks and scammers are everywhere. So be-aware...

http://runryder.com/helicopter/t387226p1/
I would be hard pressed to buy ANYTHING from somebody with a zero rating
JWilliams2 is offline Find More Posts by JWilliams2
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:55 PM
Lima, Ohio
Joined Jan 2004
163 Posts
While I think it is a cool website I would like to add my two cents here. Take a store like Best Buy. According to the site they are a "bad" place to shop. What it does not take into account is the thousand of people who shop there and have no problems and do not take the time to rate them as such. I know I do not take the time to tell people everytime the kid at Mcdonalds gets my order right :< O
excotec is offline Find More Posts by excotec
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:45 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by excotec
While I think it is a cool website I would like to add my two cents here. Take a store like Best Buy. According to the site they are a "bad" place to shop. What it does not take into account is the thousand of people who shop there and have no problems and do not take the time to rate them as such. I know I do not take the time to tell people everytime the kid at Mcdonalds gets my order right :< O
Very good point!

Sites like these are an "indicator" at best.

We get no feel for what percent of transactions are good... versus are bad.

50 bad ratings may have 45 very grumpy, expect too much kind of people involved.

R/E
rud-elev is offline Find More Posts by rud-elev
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:53 PM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined May 2002
2,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by excotec
That is true, but if you read the Best Buy complaints it looks more like incompetence, not a deliberate attempt to scam you... a big difference.

Most scam places are "bait and switch" and high pressure sales to "upgrade" or "the camera doesn't come with a battery or charger at that price" (which is BS).

Recently I bought from the only place I could find a waterproof housing for my Sony handycam and they started in on the high pressure sales, then when I refused they said I should just order on line and didn't want to take my order.

When I told them I was with a product review company they straightened right up, upgraded my shipping and stopped the BS.

Buyer beware!
CactusJackSlade is offline Find More Posts by CactusJackSlade