SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 17, 2009, 10:47 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,161 Posts
TWolf, That's really Great!!!!!!! Schmaybe' you should post a new thread so Everybody could read about it....
Trimming the thrust line was always the secret of a good flying plane ... just do what you have to do to get it neutral ... check for warps , just in case ...
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2009, 08:30 PM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
Thought I would post my newest bullesye adaptation plan. It is more round than my last one. It is a tailed Squirt I called a squirt fish but never finished. I lost the dihedral and cut the 1/3 squirt shaped hole. 17" WS will have either 16g hxt 1700 or a turnigy 2204 with 5g servos

These fly so well with only RET and without messing with dihedral or setting elevons. Both simple things to do, but why if you don't have to.
tymbrewolf is offline Find More Posts by tymbrewolf
Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:19 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,161 Posts
Pretty COOL Wolf !!! That is a nice shape ... and everybody likes fish eh!!!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:24 AM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
This was back when dekan introduced the round one and several of us were playing with designs. I moved on to a nutball and never finished it. While the hole may give up some things as all designs are compromises, it does make a completely flat plate fly very well. This will be an experiement as the plane was made. Next will be a round bullseye. The delta with the " relief valve"gives up some upfront area to "push" against in loops so loops don't seem quite as tight as I could do in a smart dart etc..
Old Jun 24, 2009, 10:45 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,161 Posts
The Basic Bullseye was well tested... Although my wings were spaced apart by the fuselage stick (plans) , most of the guys just glued the stick Flat to the wing... Worked Fine ...
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:00 PM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
Isn't it funny how some great simple designs aren't favored by the masses. I will of course do a real "round" bullseye when I have run out of already made planes (and maybe your xp-39) I think they should make the near perfect trainer plane as well. Can't believe this only has now 215 posts since December of 2002. Some people are really missing out. I wonder though since I already have the templates for the NB and a marked rod for circle cutting, my round one may look like a nutball not tipped up. I seem to like the elevator inside the LE of the circle. Seems like Gene was the first one to do that on the SQ2 thread.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 02:17 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,161 Posts
I believe the lack of popularity was due to me mentioning that my FBs called it a Flying Toilet Seat... Must have scared away the multitudes, who might have mistakenly thought it flew the same way... Their Loss!!! FUN for us !!!
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:00 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,161 Posts
back from the depths ... Thought this one deserved a shameless bump ... Although this one was flown with IPS motors , the new gear should really increase the performance ... Thinking BW motor and small lipos ... I used elevons, FBs used RET ... both worked fine ... Dirt simple to build ... according to the plans ...
Old Jun 23, 2010, 01:13 PM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
You know I am a fan of the bullseye idea if not the plane itself. I have used successfully on 4 shapes in addition the old round standby. Super simple RET. I need to get my plane out from post 207 which was my favorite this time last year.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 02:24 PM
jclassic1
New Houghton, Derbyshire, UK
Joined May 2006
1,383 Posts
After all these years of building every shape of foamy planes I have never built a Bullseye.Getting back to more basic building and trying to get more flying time instead so the Bullseye is my next build.Thinking of around 26" dia which will suit my gear .

Still flying my Nutballs and Darts so the Bullseye will fit right in.

John
jclassic1 is offline Find More Posts by jclassic1
Old Jun 17, 2014, 02:37 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,161 Posts
JC, I know you will enjoy it !!!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 07:23 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
United States, MI, Saint Clair Shores
Joined Dec 2008
5,121 Posts
John!!! Fancy seeing you here!

2009 and 2014 in the same page, that's cool. As with all of GPW's creations, here's another I always wanted to build. Can't go wrong here.
Jimmy JFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy JFlyer
Old Jun 18, 2014, 02:09 AM
jclassic1
New Houghton, Derbyshire, UK
Joined May 2006
1,383 Posts
Hi Jimmy and Glen,
as this gpw creation is a round flat disc with a hole in it I am thinking about making a flat Nutball with elvons and a hole in the middle.Being that the Bullseye was a forerunner to the Nutball it seems the right way to go.
Instead of the fuse stick I can use a foamy profile fuse to mount all my gear.
Still a Bullseye just an updated version.

So now I have to build a new Dart and a modern day Bullseye.
The wife won,t be happy.

John
jclassic1 is offline Find More Posts by jclassic1
Old Jun 18, 2014, 06:03 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,161 Posts
JJ, JC, Guys, it really flies well as a Flat disc (built to plans ) .. Simple and Easy ... Just sayin’ ...