HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2002, 01:53 PM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,202 Posts
Bullseye...how simple can it get???

Flew the Bullseye test flight this morning and from the first launch, it flew away like a bird.....Turned out to be a real stable flyer with rudder and elevator control...we usually use elevons on our wings , but this combination worked out very well and is really good for guys who don't have a mixing radio... Flies great with the A motor and a 9x6 prop fed by HIPPOBATTS.....this plane is even easier to build than the UP allthough I didn't think anything could be easier than that....anyway ,if there's any interest ,I'll post the plans at HIPPO'S......www.FoamFly.com check it out .....lots of good info for beginners there......
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
Last edited by gpw; Dec 15, 2002 at 01:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2002, 02:01 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,202 Posts
OOPS!!!!

the picture
Old Dec 17, 2002, 08:14 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,202 Posts
Well ,

Apparently either this plane is TOO simple to challenge anyone ,or nobody believes how good it flies.....since there is 0 interest ,I'll just withdraw my offer of free plans and OFB and I will continue to have fun with it ....byby.....
Old Dec 17, 2002, 08:30 AM
living in Japan member
Belgium (Europe)
Joined Oct 2002
393 Posts
heum i just reqd this post and im interessted in anything
that builds easy
flies easy
is a bit crash resistant

thxl
for url to foamfly
anatak is offline Find More Posts by anatak
Old Dec 17, 2002, 08:39 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,202 Posts
anatak

check out www.FoamFly .com gallery /share your photos/Glens pics and planes FREE PLANS for easy fun flyers...I know you'll like them!!! PLUS many other good things,and information at the site ...good luck!!!
Old Dec 17, 2002, 10:47 AM
The effect is sadly temporary
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Joined Oct 2001
1,677 Posts
Take the Shortcut.

Guys,

Here's a link directly to GPW's section on the FoamFly.com site:

Glen's BlueCor Pictures, and FREE Plans!

He's always coming up with new stuff. Some of it you just have to see to believe. Enjoy it all. The plans in there are free to download, but in the near future I will also be selling printed versions of all of them for the less computer-savvy folks.

Enjoy,
-Dan
Hippo is offline Find More Posts by Hippo
Old Dec 17, 2002, 02:35 PM
Joined Aug 2002
13 Posts
Been off the board for a while and just saw your posting. I would be interested in plans or at least approximate dimensions. Presently flying an UP. Big fan of the Stealth Sport and have built several Fluttebys for a friend. I like you designs and particularly like the Stealth Sport - it's my favorite. So how about some even "kind of" directions for this new one? I have this stack of blue cor.............................

Antigravity
Antigravity is offline Find More Posts by Antigravity
Old Dec 17, 2002, 09:45 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,202 Posts
Antigrav....

If you like the UP you'll go crazy over the Bullseye.....it's rediculously simple...cut it out, glue it to the stick as shown on the plans and the perfect airfoil is formed ...PRESTO!!!! I can make one (airframe) in about 20 min(so far)........have a free day on Thursday and will draw the plans and post them at HIPPO'S,that evening........I consider this the "BIC lighter" of parkflyers ......glad you're still having fun with the Stealth sport and Flutterbys...I still fly mine ....Thanks ...Happy holidays
Old Dec 17, 2002, 09:57 PM
The effect is sadly temporary
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Joined Oct 2001
1,677 Posts
You're astounding.

GPW,

Looks like you've got another winner. One question though. Do you bend any dihedral into that? It doesn't look like it, but you said you're flying rudder/elevator, so I'm curious.

-Dan
Hippo is offline Find More Posts by Hippo
Old Dec 17, 2002, 10:00 PM
Arizona Rim Country
Joined Nov 2001
498 Posts
GPW - it just takes a little time

I teach RC Flying to kids and adults alike thru the Community Education program. Initially I've been using the Firebird series of planes. But yours are working out to be very easy, durable and flyable. I've got a copy of each of your planes and put them out for the kids. They are starting to bite, but its just taking them time.
pcaffeldt is offline Find More Posts by pcaffeldt
Old Dec 17, 2002, 11:35 PM
Outside the sanity box
Joined Dec 2002
19 Posts
"Do you bend any dihedral into that? It doesn't look like it, but you said you're flying rudder/elevator"

Someone here on rcgroups said that sweep works as dihedral. The bullseye is all sweep so if that comment was true then it would be all set, right?
outsane is offline Find More Posts by outsane
Old Dec 17, 2002, 11:43 PM
Joined Aug 2002
13 Posts
Thanks for all the hard work that goes into posting the plans. I can't wait to try this one. After flying several of your designs it gets really hard to shell out the money for a kit. These things are so easy to build and fly so well. I still think that the Stealth Sport has a big dose of "everything just right" in it. We have been having a lot of fun with the UP. I haven't weighed mine but it takes a 10X8 on the little GWS gear drive (EPU 6) motor to make it stand up and talk. I would like to try a dual engine on it or a 280 gear drive. The UP looks strange in the air. Almost like a flying saucer in the sky. It puts a big grin on our face everytime we launch it.
Antigravity is offline Find More Posts by Antigravity
Old Dec 18, 2002, 08:39 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,202 Posts
wow!!!what a response!!!

Thanks for all the interest guys!!! I hope you enjoy this one as well as the others.... the diehedral and wing sweep are related ...I believe(I could be wrong ) that each degree of sweep on the wings is equal to a certain amount of diehedral...all I know is it works and well.........this wing is in essence a flat plate warped into a reflexed S shape which makes it quite flyable...there is an angular difference between the front"wing" and the rear wing...accomplished with a simple wedge on the fuse ...that's all there is ...Even I can't believe how simple it is and NOBODY thought it would fly so well....the best thing is it was right in front of me all the time (look at the UP plans)and it works on rudder and elevator , a lot of guys don;t have a mixing radio and that can be a pain to do mechanically....Yes I'm afraid that I won't be buying any of those exotic imported foamies (which a big portion of is the dreaded TAXES anyway....)The $0.50 worth of foam they're made of is about equal to the amount of FF that we use and the rest seems to be advertising(model magazines and corporate profits (all the middle men with their hands out) ....(do CEO's really need so many millions a year????? what would they buy??? )Think of all the Fan fold!!!!!!
The time is right for the Foam REVOLUTION , thats why I post all these (most) plans for free thanks to the generosity and understanding of Dan(HIPPO) ..........these planes can be constructed in less time than it takes to read the instructions(and understand) a store bought foamie and for a whole lot less money....even a foamie on sale is no match for the cost effectiveness of FF....and the BIG surprise is they are so DURABLE ....I have to give them away from time to time to make room for new designs...well enough rambling....please enjoy these designs , and I will try to come UP with some more winners for your entertainment......a big thanks to Dan ,again, for making this all possible ......remember ...The FOAM REVOLUTION.....Viva la Foam....
Last edited by gpw; Dec 18, 2002 at 09:31 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 09:35 AM
Prop Bitten.....
Raleigh, NC
Joined May 2002
29 Posts
I've been flying 300 and 400 sized planes, but due to a job transfer (across town) and short daylight hours, I never get a chance to get to my flying field. I do have a much smaller field near work now, so I'm going to put out an order for some GWS gear. I also have an older non-mixing radio that I have been trying to figure out what to use in. It looks like the Bullseye is exactly what I need to start my "small field airforce". Thanks for the plans, I'll be watching for them.

P.S. And Thanks to HIPPO for a great site and all that you are doing for the FOAMIES!! (Yea, you'll be getting some of my money soon, too!)
emberstar is offline Find More Posts by emberstar
Old Dec 18, 2002, 03:12 PM
U.City Flyer
St. Louis, MO
Joined Oct 2002
859 Posts
Glen,

I checked out the Foamfly site but didn't see the Bullseye plans posted yet. Are they there? If I was going to make the UP or the Bullseye - which one would you recommend ( I know, you'd recommend both!) Or, phrased differently, which one would you recommend that someone make B]first[/B] ?
bmizes is offline Find More Posts by bmizes