HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2002, 01:36 PM
Joined May 2000
2,039 Posts
GWS P-51 Weekend Report

Flew this little devil all weekend, a few observations:

1. Nose in a little too hard and that shaft will bend very easy.

2. Take off is great, but landing is a whole different story, this one needs to be flown down with throttle right until te end or it has a tendency to pancake and cartwheel.

3. It's pretty CG sensitive, I used a little piece of foam to keep the battery locked in place.

4. It's pretty fragile, after 20 flights with a few minor nose overs, ther were hairline cracks all over the fuse, so inspect it good after any incidents before you put it back in the air.

5. It'll fly in wind, but it's not a lot of fun fighting it around, and dancing with it all the way to touchdown.

It's a nice little plane, but much more fragile than I thought, however it's still in one piece after the weekend which is always a good thing.
RICH S is offline Find More Posts by RICH S
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2002, 01:50 PM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,564 Posts
Re: GWS P-51 Weekend Report

Quote:
Originally posted by RICH S
, this one needs to be flown down with throttle right until te end or it has a tendency to pancake and cartwheel.
Rich, that isn't any sort of design flaw, thats just a typical warbird.

--Paul
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 15, 2002, 02:19 PM
Joined May 2000
2,039 Posts
Re: Re: GWS P-51 Weekend Report

Oh yea, I have a .25 ME 109 that acts the same way except it's much faster, no problem with the plane, I realize that's the way they fly. The little Mustang is fine, those are just my experiences for others getting this relatively new plane up. For $60 it's a deal.
RICH S is offline Find More Posts by RICH S