SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 19, 2007, 02:36 PM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,792 Posts
Discussion
Forget the budget numbers where’s the budget?

My curiosity is getting the better of me. For those of you who voted them into power, how do you feel about Pelosi and Reid and their troops failing to deliver not one but two budgets in a timely manner?

I mean, common, they just blew off the 2007 budget saying they’d rather spend time on building a meaningful 2008 budget. And now that is 49 days late and counting. And they have no intention of getting to it till NEXT YEAR???!!!

What are we getting for the money and the delays? When do they finally get around to doing what they are paid to do?
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Nov 19, 2007, 02:44 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Continuing resolution is a wonderous thing...
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Nov 19, 2007, 03:02 PM
Suspended Account
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Dec 2002
2,239 Posts
We've existed under a continuing resolution many times before. Pain in the rear for those of us that have to execute spending by the week rather than by the quarter - and much more expensive for the taxpayer. Hardly a new situation, however.
sarge is offline Find More Posts by sarge
Old Nov 19, 2007, 03:57 PM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,792 Posts
Yes but... these were elected on how "great and new and better" they were going to make things in DC. Yet we get same old same old.
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Nov 19, 2007, 04:46 PM
Trampling out the vintage
Joined Feb 2002
1,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majortomski
Yes but... these were elected on how "great and new and better" they were going to make things in DC.
No, they were elected primarily due to dissatisfaction the Republicans, especially on Iraq policy. This is not just my opinion, it is the opinion of every public opinion analysis source I have seen.

While overall I am somewhat disappointed with them, they have had to deal with a fairly intractable minority and are out of practice at running the place as the majority. I will give them some time.
4 Scale is online now Find More Posts by 4 Scale
Old Nov 19, 2007, 04:56 PM
Suspended Account
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Dec 2002
2,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majortomski
Yes but... these were elected on how "great and new and better" they were going to make things in DC. Yet we get same old same old.
I think they were elected on a "not the Bush administration" platform. And yes, Congress is responsible for the budget, and yes, the majority party is to blame for the failures, and yes, the majority party gets the credit for the successes. That's how it works.
sarge is offline Find More Posts by sarge