HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2007, 09:08 AM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Apr 2007
153 Posts
Discussion
Vrolet F3P vs. Freestyle Differences

So how exactly do they differ? I just bought a Freestyle but I'd like to use it in F3P as well.
pappy35 is offline Find More Posts by pappy35
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:45 PM
United States, MO, KCMO
Joined Aug 2005
514 Posts
Well as far i know the only difference is that the freestyle doesn't have any drag devices on it which makes it fly faster! The drag devices on the f3p version slows it down so the pilot has more time to reaction it's precision course!
Nooflyer is online now Find More Posts by Nooflyer
Old Nov 19, 2007, 01:47 PM
Pile-it
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Nov 2007
1,684 Posts
I don't have one so I could be speaking out my arse....but I think the wing spacing is different as well.
Alien_Tech is online now Find More Posts by Alien_Tech
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2007, 06:37 PM
TEAM EXTREME / HORIZON HOBBY
United States, NJ, Tuckerton
Joined Oct 2006
601 Posts
You should read this thread about the planes. There is a difference in the way the two designs fly, regardless whether you use the CV Brakes or not. The F3P has a more locked in feel for precision because of the design changes.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593062

Lee
mxcop is offline Find More Posts by mxcop
Old Nov 19, 2007, 06:42 PM
Oly crap.. Deese ease not gud!
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Alrighty...

F3P version has airbrakes, Freestyle doensn't. The F3P version has 1 inch higher wing spacing than the FS. The F3P version has wider stuts between the top and bottom wing than the FS. The F3P version has (had... not sure if the V2 is different) a smaller elevator than the Freestyle. The old F3P version had drag triangles on the struts and control surfaces, but I believe they have been removed on the V2 version.

Both fly precision very well. The freestyle will 3D, whereas the F3P simply won't. The freestyle version will fly significantly faster. For any pattern work, the F3P is the way to go.

Jason designed two versions of the airplane for a reason. They both exel at their respective types of flying/competition.

RJ
hpapilot is offline Find More Posts by hpapilot
Old Nov 19, 2007, 09:55 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Apr 2007
153 Posts
Great. Well, I'm almost done with the F3P and have a Freestyle on the way. That and a Smove and I think I'm all set for the winter. 8-)

Thanks for the link and the replies guys.
pappy35 is offline Find More Posts by pappy35