SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Vethraxx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 09:36 PM
Lynnwood, wa
Joined Oct 2007
91 Posts
Discussion
Battery Explosion.

I was out flying my HobbyZone Freedom all over the field we use in Snohomish this morning. NO WIND! It was nice. I was kidding around at how LOW I could skim the ground, and hit some tall weeds while the plane was coming head on at a slight angle and the plane came to an arrested hault. The 6 cell battery pack, ejected from the cockpit, but it stripped the adaptor clip off (left it attatched to the leads to the servoboard) and pitched it about 2 feet from the plane (which I did not see). Before you know it the exposed leads must have crossed, there is alot of while smoke. I start yelling it's on fire. Start running toward my plane and when I get within 2 feet, the battery exploded!!! I immediately turned around and started running the other way. After there were no more POPS or smoke I crept back and discovered my plane was OK and just popped in another battery and flew the rest of the day. THANK YOU HOBBYZONE!
Vethraxx is offline Find More Posts by Vethraxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2008, 01:41 PM
Practice Makes Precision
United States, MO, Knob Noster
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
HAHA. "Start running toward my plane and when I get within 2 feet, the battery exploded!!! I immediately turned around and started running the other way." I don't know why, but thats just hilarious .
TDisaster is offline Find More Posts by TDisaster