HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Harv, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 06:58 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
Discussion
Sixth Sense

Life is (currently) good...

Wow! Four months since I last added anything here...time really flies when you're ...errr... flying. And that's pretty much all that I've been doing, with just a little bit of buying mixed in.

The flying has been pretty much uneventful for the most part, although the crash of my second Beaufighter was a significant emotional event. I really haven't worked on diversifying my skill set beyond normal upright flight, and I'm thinking some serious time on the sim this winter should be devoted to learning to fly inverted comfortably.

All has been pretty quiet on the buying front also, with two new additions. The first is a Parkzone Micro Cessna, which is a fantastic little indoor/backyard flier that I would recommend to anyone and everyone that has any interest in a scale looking model in this size. Equally at home in a gym, gold dome or calm air ouside, this little fellow travels with me pretty much wherever I go. The second new item is an Alfa F-86 Sabre, which was another of my favorite aircraft from the day I saw a model of one that my father had built. It flies in the typical Alfa fashion, which is to say that it's great, and is a beauty to see both in the air and on display.

In the interests of taking advantage of the high Canuck buck (and kicking the crap out of the moratorium again), I also currently have on order a couple of different aircraft...a vectored thrust Mig-29 from rcsuperpowers.com and a nice looking Phase3/EMI P-38 Lightning. Both have good reports here on RCGroups, and I'll be looking forward to taking them up once the frigid wastelands become somewhat less frigid next spring.
Harv is offline Find More Posts by Harv
to remove ads between posts