Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 14, 2002, 09:18 PM
Master ReKitter
San Diego,Ca, USA
Joined Aug 2000
2,756 Posts
Source for GWS gearbox that fits AstroFlight 010?

I saw the article concerning the GWS gearbox modification that accepts the AF 010. Can someone post the link to the supplier? I just swapped to my second SS motor tonight as I wore out the first with all of the flying I'm doing. I would just as soon install the 010 and be done with it...

thanks,
Bill
uglyplane is offline Find More Posts by uglyplane
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2002, 10:15 PM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
www.aeromicro.com
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Old Dec 14, 2002, 10:35 PM
Vertical Wake
visalia ca
Joined Dec 2002
734 Posts
Is the Astro 010 DD different than the one comes with the astro gearbox? If not , it looks like you go geared for about $112 with a GWS gearbox vs $140 for the 010G. You can also try Balsa Products (great service!) although I don't know if they sell the gear drives individually. Does this mod involve drilling out the gear for the 010's thicker shaft?
splatman is offline Find More Posts by splatman
Old Dec 14, 2002, 11:07 PM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
it involves machining the hole in the gear bigger as well as machining the gearbox itself for motor clearance as the 010 is a little bigger in diameter than the speed 300
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Old Dec 15, 2002, 02:00 AM
I broke it
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,745 Posts
The 64 pitch car pinions will work with the 010, and seem to mesh well with the gws gear. I modified a gws 300 unit with a ply circle, so that I could bolt my 010 in and adjust the mesh by sliding the motor, just like most commercial boxes. I can post a pis if need be, but its the gws model that is grey, looks like a enlarged dxa gb.

Later,
David
David Hogue is online now Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member