HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2008, 02:01 AM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
6,928 Posts
I would use weight if necessary to get the correct balance, that is important.

I have the elevators become elevons only when the ailerons are dropped as flaps since they become in-effective for roll when they are down.

I have a mix that I have not tested yet, that can mix the elevator commands with aileron as "flaperons". On a normal plane, up elevator makes both ailerons go down and down elev gives up ail for VERY tight loops and easy inverted flying.

On this delta wing PERHAPS both elevator and aileron should move the same way. I've programmed a mix that I can adjust in the air to test the coupling both ways. As Angelo mentioned, this entire "flaperon" mix may not work well on this plane at all.

I'll test as soon as I can and then decide if I will keep it or move on to differential "throttle as rudder".

The fins just screw onto the mounts, I had a little trouble getting the screws lined up with the mounting points. I used silicone rubber glue on the fins which held very well when my plane crashed on the 1st maiden flight. I didn't have to line them up as they are just screwed flat onto the mounting points which "should" align and position them correctly.

Take pictures and video, this is required
RemE is offline Find More Posts by RemE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:59 AM
Permanently Signed Off.
Joined Nov 2007
717 Posts
The only thing I have left to order is a lipo. I was going to get the zippy-K or -R 4s 2000Mah. The long max is on back order.

What i was thinking it to get 2 2-s long max 2200mah, then put them in series, but have different balance plugs on each. This way I can use my parkzone charger to charge the 2s batts, no need for a 4s charger now.

What do you think? Zippy-r/K now, wait for long max 4s 2200mah (who knows when), or wait for the 2s 2200mah long max.
nwjt is offline Find More Posts by nwjt
Old Jul 17, 2008, 09:35 AM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
6,928 Posts
Zippy K = Long max I ordered long max and they sent Zippy K's, in this thread there is an explanation. Zippy-R's are slightly better I believe. I have to say that the build quality of the Zippy K's that I got is very good and the power seems great in the plane.

You can pair the 2 cell packs, you'll just have a small weight increase and possibly a larger size issue.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 09:45 AM
Permanently Signed Off.
Joined Nov 2007
717 Posts
a 2s 2100 MAH lipo would take the ame amount of time to charge as a 4s 2100mah lipo, is that correct?
Old Jul 17, 2008, 01:13 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,048 Posts
Enough talk, isn't anyone flying these planes? I want video!
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Old Jul 17, 2008, 01:34 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
There's a bunch of videos of the stock out-of-the-box one on youtube.

Here's one example - it seems a very nice parkjet

Art-Tech Sukhoi Su-27 Russian Knights (3 min 26 sec)
Herb is offline Find More Posts by Herb
Old Jul 17, 2008, 03:14 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
There are videos in this thread....
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old Jul 17, 2008, 04:50 PM
Permanently Signed Off.
Joined Nov 2007
717 Posts
Got my me-262 today. The motors are Blue. Ok so I looked up at tower hobbies HERE:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMKH0&P=7

They call that the yellow motor, but the little thing supporting the wires is yellow, the motor is still blue.

Mine has a green thing on the wires.. SO is my motor blue or green?

Naturally they don't stamp the motors with the Kv.

Cray are your "Green" motors blue as well?
Old Jul 17, 2008, 10:13 PM
Fan-atic
Plain ole KS
Joined Jan 2008
1,653 Posts
I think all the motors are blue, but the wire gromet that holds the wires coming out the back of the motor is what tells which motor it is. If the gromet is green then it should be the green motors.
cray2602 is offline Find More Posts by cray2602
Old Jul 17, 2008, 10:23 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATIS
There are videos in this thread....
I know, just looking for some more recent flights. It would really like to see RemEs when he gets the thrust vectoring mastered, the Mig 29 turbine w/thrust vectoring was incredible.
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Old Jul 17, 2008, 10:36 PM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,371 Posts
post 1001
b-29er is offline Find More Posts by b-29er
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:52 PM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
6,928 Posts
Thanks for the post Herb, I enjoyed the Italian? spectators in that video, spirited bunch! Stock, the plane seems fairly tame.

I can't seem to get time away from work and the family to fly! I've painted and trimmed this thing and it's now looking good as new. I'm pulling out my other models, slowly converting the fleet to 2.4Ghz. Chewing at the bit!

NWJT, depends on the charger, but yes most chargers at 1C take an hour regardless of capacity. Some chargers that connect to the balancing connector on newer packs can charge at 1C, 2C, and even 3C because they carefully monitor and balance each individual cell of the pack as they charge. I like the FMA 4S chargers for this, they are small and powerfull.

I'm finding the Zippy's somewhat variable on the balance so I feel better using a charger that balances the cells at every charge so they never get a chance to get too far off.
Last edited by RemE; Jul 18, 2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 12:32 PM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Dec 2007
23 Posts
Vectored thrust

Skimmed through some of the old posts and didnt come accross anything of vectored thrust nature. Anyone dabbled with OVT on their twin EDFs yet? Looking to do this in an SU-35.

Clint
dash8pilot is offline Find More Posts by dash8pilot
Old Jul 18, 2008, 12:52 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,444 Posts
I think it starts around page 50.... RemE did the TV so look for his posts.
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old Jul 18, 2008, 08:38 PM
Electric Advocate
big Apple
Joined May 2008
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE

I'm pretty sure that the down flaps made it too light*** on it's feet, leaving it suseptable to a bounce.

Personally, I think your 600+ W is very dangerous to have any obsticles in its airway. Flaps will not make your airplane light. They will make make your plane out of control.

My approach to TV:
Move the entire duct. If adding more power, make sure no bells and whistles are added. Any extrusion or mis alignment will tear apart the high flying weak foamie.
New Yorker is offline Find More Posts by New Yorker