HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2002, 03:13 PM
central AZ
Joined May 2002
1,205 Posts
>300mah LiPoly charger, cheap?

I'm looking for a low-priced LiPoly charger that will charge 2cell packs with mah ratings that are less than 300 (ie, the 230 or below, specifically the 145mah cells right now, however). I'm looking at a few "all-chemistry" chargers, but I can't afford to put out over $100 with shipping, etc. for a charger, and all I plan on having for the next little while are the 145's and some 230's (for the RFFS when I get it). I can't go over $40-50. Thanks!

Nick R.
KnifeEdge51 is offline Find More Posts by KnifeEdge51
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2002, 03:49 PM
United States, NY, Marion
Joined Sep 2001
494 Posts
Inexpensive charger

Nick,

The little Potensky charger will charge 1 or 2 cells at 20, 40, 60, 100 or 200 mA. It costs ~$25.00 from several sources and seems pretty fool proof. I believe that Potensky makes another charger that will do 3 cells as well for slightly more money.

You will need a ~12 volt power supply to run one of these but it doesn't need to be a very big one= inexpensive.

The lithium ion and polymer cells are wonderful.

Hugh Mason
Newark Electric Flyers
ScienceGuy is offline Find More Posts by ScienceGuy
Old Dec 16, 2002, 07:08 AM
Fort Wayne IN.
Joined Sep 2002
53 Posts
Hi,
J&N Performance Electric has a DynaPac charger that is a dual charger rated for 280-300 mAh that will do what your after. The cost has been marked down to $49.00 plus shipping. The web site has the old price so give them a call or e-mail.

Take a look at them www.jnperformance.com

Thanks
pylonbuster is offline Find More Posts by pylonbuster
Old Dec 16, 2002, 09:47 AM
89" Kool Aid drinker.
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined Dec 2001
3,132 Posts
Bishop Power Products has a charger that was just released, and sold out, that can charge up to 2 packs at up to 3 cells each and has 9 charging modes, 1 of which is a manual setting. I have one on order from the next batch and there are people that already have them and are using them. They are only $50 each and look like a good deal.

Time will tell.

Mike
Smash McCrash is offline Find More Posts by Smash McCrash