SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2007, 03:16 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,346 Posts
Discussion
Need Windshield Wipers (On the Inside...)

I have been learning to fly backwards, inverted. This has been a particular challenge for me (thank heaven for simulators). This is done at fairly high altitude (i.e. several mistakes high) so that I have time to recover, should I screw up.

For the last two days, I have been practicing with the Knight 3D. When I was cleaning up the ship to go home, I looked at it and thought, "That's funny, I thought I cleaned the windshield".

It did not look much different after I cleaned it the second time. All of the lovely ooze that has been splattering the tail boom, frames, skids, and blades is, of course, beind drawin inside the canopy.

Anybody have a remedy for this one (aside from going electric)?
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2007, 11:02 PM
El Cajon, CA, USA
Joined Feb 2001
801 Posts
can't relate to your ooze problem but I'm working on inverted backwards (learning on a trex before trying it on my raptor) and I second the sim comments. I'm finding I'm pretty good with them counterclockwise but the clockwise ones are an exercise in "catching" the thing after one failed attempt after another.

I am definitely interested in what others have to say for your dilemma since I hope to be sharing your problem shortly.

Good luck with those.

Daniel
Munch is offline Find More Posts by Munch
Old Nov 15, 2007, 11:17 PM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,528 Posts
Don't fly with a canopy on....Problem solved.

--Paul
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2007, 09:54 AM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,346 Posts
Paul,

ROTFLMAO!!!

I guess I will not get mad about the oil inside the canopy...
(nobody likes a sore oozer...).
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
Old Nov 16, 2007, 03:09 PM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,528 Posts
I guess having a little oil splattered on the inside of your canopy is just the price you pay for doing something that is so fricken sweet.
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2007, 03:44 PM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Susbauer
I guess having a little oil splattered on the inside of your canopy is just the price you pay for doing something that is so fricken sweet.

You nailed that one Paul.
SlowRide is offline Find More Posts by SlowRide
Old Nov 16, 2007, 04:51 PM
Young Old Fart
Hiroshima, Japan
Joined Apr 2007
57 Posts
And here I was wondering why I suddenly have oil inside the canopy recently. Although my inverted time is limited to a few seconds and inverted backwards flight only happens if I lose the tail...

Now I guess I should be happy to have to hose the inside of the canopy out with alcohol after some good (for me) flights!
tz250w is offline Find More Posts by tz250w