HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2008, 09:49 AM
Hirobo Helis Rock
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2005
28 Posts
CCbusa05, LOL thanks, I forgot to turn off the overhead fan but the Quark came out ahead again I have lots of parts coming today so then I can step it up a notch and see what this baby can really do.

Cheers
Blik
Blik is offline Find More Posts by Blik
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:13 AM
Scarecow
UK
Joined Sep 2004
2,361 Posts
How come Canada gets all the fun before anyone else?
HoverBovver is offline Find More Posts by HoverBovver
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:55 AM
Hirobo Helis Rock
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2005
28 Posts
I guess they feel sorry for us or our supplier knows the right people.

Cheers
Blik
Old Feb 26, 2008, 06:25 PM
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
Canadian cost for quark..?

Got an email from "MARK" from UDISCO hobby supply in Montreal Canada with taxes and shipping:

Re: quark shipping...?‏
Sent: February 25, 2008 9:26:46 PM
To: f g (dougie_30@hotmail.com)

You pay $485.10 is your total cost for the quark,shipping and tax.Mark

-------Original Message-------

Date: 2/25/2008 1:53:00 PM
To: sales@udisco.com
Subject: quark shipping...?

How much is your shipping cost...and taxes for the hirobo quark...from Montreal to sudbury ontario...?

douglas ;o)
douglas4 is offline Find More Posts by douglas4
Old Feb 26, 2008, 07:31 PM
Hirobo Helis Rock
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2005
28 Posts
Did Udisco say if that price includes the SRB transmitter or just the heli, because there are two kits available?

Cheers
Blik
Old Feb 28, 2008, 07:28 AM
practice, practice, practice
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2005
720 Posts
some conference room flight movie:

http://www.ouk.jp/yano/heli/HiroSRB/SRBplay1.wmv

cvlex
cvlex is offline Find More Posts by cvlex
Old Feb 28, 2008, 06:55 PM
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
TO: Blik...!

From the website it appears to have the tx with it or it would have had another heading saying w/o tx. Safe to assume the tx comes with it for $485.10. Why is Hirobo so dammed expensive not to mention parts for thier line of helis. You get what you pay for I guess.
douglas4 is offline Find More Posts by douglas4
Old Mar 04, 2008, 12:28 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,773 Posts
Not in the USA yet, but hopefully sometime this month. Another recent video showing just how stable a heli the SRB Quark is!!

HIROBO SRB Quark Ⅵ (3 min 30 sec)
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Mar 04, 2008, 05:53 PM
Scarecow
UK
Joined Sep 2004
2,361 Posts
ugh!! my ears are bleeding.

Apart from that...yeah looks really good - as stable as an xrb in fact.

Good find that man.
HoverBovver is offline Find More Posts by HoverBovver
Old Mar 05, 2008, 08:35 PM
back to basic
001DEG 21' 03"
Joined May 2005
53 Posts
i want one too
blochead is offline Find More Posts by blochead
Old Mar 05, 2008, 09:27 PM
Hirobo Helis Rock
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2005
28 Posts
Well another few sucessful flights with my Quark. I also had a Oops and once again the Quark survived. I was flying in my shop about 12 feet up in the air when I somehow got too close to a light and hit it with one of my blades. The little Quark dropped out of the sky almost like a duck in hunting season. It landed skid down on the concrete floor and didn't even break the skids. I inspected for damage and the only thing was one of the back tabs on the battery tray(which is still functional) and one main blade. I installed a new set of blades, put in a charged lipo and flew another 9 minute flight.

Cheers
Blik
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:29 PM
Crash Test Pilot
Joined Aug 2007
1,333 Posts
Being Tempted

I have this idea that I am saving up my money for a nice big heli come August. But, I have just finished reading the review of this Hirobo SRB Quark in Fly RC and RC Heli (the better of the two reviews) and gosh darn it if I am not being tempted to stay on the small side with what sounds like a fantastic little flyer.

I am concerned, though, that if I do get one, I will never want to touch my Honey Bee FPs every again.
caeman is offline Find More Posts by caeman
Old Mar 13, 2008, 01:04 PM
Hirobo Helis Rock
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2005
28 Posts
Caeman, start selling your small helis and just have one!! This does not replace the larger helis because of the weight factor. This heli will fly outside but if you live where there is wind you will be mostly indoors. This is a great winter(Canadian anyways) heli because of the way it handles in relation to a larger non fixed pitch heli.

Cheers
Blik
Old Mar 21, 2008, 02:54 PM
Bielefeld , Germany
Joined Nov 2006
108 Posts
SRB Quark arrives in Europe

The SRB is now available in Europe and I took the plunge.
It lives up to the expectation very stable and relatively easyto fly. It reminded me a lot of the first flights with an XRB. Hand off hovering possible for many seconds. The sensitivity to stick movements is not at all extreme anf the heli is very forgivving. My previous FP experience was with a Walkera 4#3, not the most stable of beasts so this is not a great reference point for stability. Apart from that I have flown diverse Coaxial helis.
The SRB comes with an operating manual at the usual high Hirobo standard which explains everything and RTFM really pays off.
I bought the kit without Tx and had to set it up for my Graupner Mx16s Tx. To do this I changed a dip switch on the Rx and copied my XRB to another position, changed the name and adjusted the Tx to Mode 2.

The 4in1 has 4 adjustment screws:
RUD ATT : Gyro sensitivity
RUDD NT: yaw tracking
THR ATT: Rotor start position adjustment
THR CRV Throttle curve adjustment

I had adjusted the throttle position at which the rotor begins to spin with THR.

I also strengthened the main and tail rotor blades with strapping tape and balanced both using the blade balancer included. This is the same method as used for the XRB
The rotor blade pitch can be adjusted on the rotor head to give the recommended 1900 RPM at hover (indicated by a red light on the 4 in 1). I had to increase the pitch a bit I suspect to compensate for the increased blade weight.

Der brushless motor is quiet und and does not get hot at all
The coreless tail motor also stays nice and cool.
The gyro drifts some though when it gets warm and the manual recommends in this case tuning the heli off and on to reset the gyro middle position.

In summary Iím very impressed by and very happy with my SRB. A micro FP heli for indoor flying IMHO second to none.
No need to tune more than the blades and it has enough adjustment possibilities to keep the tinkerer and tester happy.
I find it easier to fly of course than my well sorted 4#3 (which is no surprise) but flying the SRB it has improved my confidence in flying my 4#3 as well.
Happy landings
fast4buy is offline Find More Posts by fast4buy
Last edited by fast4buy; Mar 21, 2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:18 PM
Crash Test Pilot
Joined Aug 2007
1,333 Posts
Regarding the reinforcement on the blades, fast, did you not like the sacrificial nature of the blades?
caeman is offline Find More Posts by caeman