SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 15, 2008, 05:32 PM
Hirobo Helis Rock
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2005
28 Posts
Yes there is the basic adjustments:
1. Aileron and elevator trim adjustment.
2. Rudder trim adjustment.
3. Adjustment for the rotation speed of the main blades.

Expert Level adjustments:
1. Changing the aileron and elevator rudder angles.
2. Adjusting the throttle curve.
3. Adjusting rudder rotation speed.
4. Adjusting Gyro sensitivity.
5. Adjusting the subtrims.
6. Ability to change the positon of the balls on the stabalizer for a more sensitive control.
6. Ability to use you own FM transmitter(Futaba, Sanwa & JR)

Cheers
Blik

This kit should also be available without a TX because it has switches to set for
Blik is offline Find More Posts by Blik
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2008, 05:53 AM
practice, practice, practice
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2005
722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blik
Expert Level adjustments:
1. Changing the aileron and elevator rudder angles.
Yesterday I flew my SRB outdoor.
At first, it was almost a dead and it was easy to hover or fly around.
After about 6 minutes, light breeze came and it was a bit difficult to fly,
I landed in a hurry.

I wish to try the above mentioned setting (DIP switch No.4 is set to right
positon for increasing servo travel) with some exponential on tx when I fly
my SRB outdoor.

cvlex
cvlex is offline Find More Posts by cvlex
Old Feb 16, 2008, 09:56 AM
Hirobo Helis Rock
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2005
28 Posts
Well I flew my Quark yesterday and is it ever stable. I left everything stock out of the box, did a minor trimming and it hovered awesome. I did some figure 8's and it responded just like my Lepton. I did have a minor problem with it twitching but quickly found out the reason: forgot to raise the TX antenna , I am so used to DSM!! I had one minor mishap and broke a main blade but the rest of the heli is really tough.

Cheers
Blik
Old Feb 16, 2008, 05:54 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,779 Posts
Cvlex & Blik:
Thanks for the updates guys! Sounds like you're both satisfied with the Quark so far! Good news to me and the others that are awaiting it's availability!
Keep the experiences coming!
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Feb 16, 2008, 07:05 PM
Hirobo Helis Rock
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2005
28 Posts
Well my little Quark got a workout today. I had a heli build day/ fun-fly at my shop all day and of course everyone had to try it out. Surprisingly with the 10 full flights it only had one interesting mishap where a 1/4" piece broke off one blade. I brought it down, checked it over and took it up again and surprisingly it flew quite normal. I thought for sure it would have had a major vibration, but I was still able to fly it normally. I then CAed the piece back on, balanced the blades with the included blade balancer and went up for another flight; and it flew just great. I have destroyed a couple blades so far but the parts for this awesome heli is another week away, so I am being a little more careful now.

Cheers
Blik
Old Feb 17, 2008, 05:30 PM
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,779 Posts
Flyrc "mini" review........

http://www.flyrc.com/articles/hiroboSRBquark.shtml
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:28 AM
Hirobo Helis Rock
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2005
28 Posts
Another 10 flights and still running strong. I haven't been able to try it outdoors yet due our weather but indoors it sure is a smooth heli. I still have a couple main and tail blades left that were included in the kit, but more parts are on order.

Cheers
Blik
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:28 PM
Hirobo Helis Rock
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2005
28 Posts
It was nice this afternoon so I took my little Quark for a spin outside. What a blast, it was fairly calm and this heli just floated around all over the sky. Near the end of my 9 min flight I did a sorta Hurricane but ended up kissing the snow bank. Broke the two foam main blades but nothing else was damaged, including the foam tail blades.

Cheers
Blik
Old Feb 19, 2008, 03:09 AM
Scarecow
UK
Joined Sep 2004
2,361 Posts
The price is an issue - no matter what is said about the quality, ultimately it is just a small, fixed pitch, all plastic micro with brushed tail motor.
But the more I here about it the more I like it so I might just consider taking a punt when it finally arrives over here. I've spent a lot more on a lot worse in the past.

...and then theres the scale bodies [drool!]
HoverBovver is offline Find More Posts by HoverBovver
Last edited by HoverBovver; Feb 19, 2008 at 03:24 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:12 AM
Oregon, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,812 Posts
I really like this little heli and may end up with one, but you would think for that kind of money it would come with a 2.4ghz radio like the CX2
RMG2 is offline Find More Posts by RMG2
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:20 AM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,635 Posts
9 min flights and the blades break on impact with snow....? I would expect a little more for my $400 personally.
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:48 AM
Scarecow
UK
Joined Sep 2004
2,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs dont fly
9 min flights and the blades break on impact with snow....? I would expect a little more for my $400 personally.
Well yeah....when you put it like that, you can buy a helluvalot more heli for the price. Hirobo have always been scary pricing. But then everything is scary pricing when compared with China/Taiwan I guess. Perhaps we've just gotten used to getting amazing value for money from countries that are paying their staff in rice paper.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 09:04 AM
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs dont fly
Thats the whole point of having foam blades; they break first, thus in most cases saving more costly parts.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:07 AM
Scarecow
UK
Joined Sep 2004
2,361 Posts
I here what he's saying though.....I found that with the XRB....every slight contact = busted blades...whereas with other heli's you'd mostly get away with stuff like that with no damage at all. Its a compromise and considering hirobo parts prices - better to break the foam blades.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:51 AM
Hirobo Helis Rock
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2005
28 Posts
Wow a lot of negative comments from people who never even had a chance to fly a Quark. I own one and have owned a lot of the "cheaper" small helis and there is no comparison. If you like spending your money on parts and upgrades and wasting your time tweaking, checking the belt tension and fixing small problems rather than flying, then go purchase the less expensive helis. This heli flys very similar to itís larger brothers and for beginners it will improve your flying skills faster than a flight sim.

Quote:
I flew the Quark for 9mins of forward flight and I just flew my blade CX2 for 8 mins and put back 640mAh(80%) into the stock Eflight lipo. Most electric helis you are lucky to get 8-10 mins flying very conservatively. The snow bank I hit was rock solid and going in full tilt with only $2.75 worth of damage. that is definitely a cheap crash.

The price of blades are cheap compared to the overall price of a crash on any other small heli.

Main Blades(8 per pack) $11.00
Tail Blades(4 per pack) $6.00

If you can not afford this well built heli then spend a little less, but I guarantee you will spend more in your time and parts in the long run.

Cheers
Blik