HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:27 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Hudson Valley
Joined Dec 2006
2,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR4-Pilot View Post
Wow Keith that is a beautiful heli for sure. Love the 4 blade head - Sweet! Was the fuselage pre-decorated or is that your handy work?Very nice I've been thinking about selling my E-Flite helis, but just not the Quarks. Not sure why - maybe like John said .... old friend.
It's factory, but I didn't receive it yet as I just acquired it threw a RR sale..... and a little better than advertised.

Going to like the BL tail motor and NO BrrrrIN shaft drive!
simages is offline Find More Posts by simages
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:34 PM
United States, IL, Lombard
Joined May 2009
3,365 Posts
Brrrt?? What's that? Haven't heard that in years

I love the scale details - she's gonna look great in the air !
FR4-Pilot is offline Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:32 PM
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2009
1,636 Posts
I am very curious to hear about the flight characteristics, like turning at very low speed, to see the stabilizing effect of the four blades.
DMala is offline Find More Posts by DMala
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:12 PM
Linwood NJ USA
Joined Oct 2004
1,059 Posts
Quick question , are you guys still flying the original quarks? Reason im asking is I have 2 one in excellent condition only flown a few times with extra batteries and a quick charger I got on this thread. And another spare quark without radio.
mori55 is online now Find More Posts by mori55
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:16 PM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mori55 View Post
Quick question , are you guys still flying the original quarks? Reason im asking is I have 2 one in excellent condition only flown a few times with extra batteries and a quick charger I got on this thread. And another spare quark without radio.
Of course, we are; just not as much as before I fly it once per week for 2 pack of batteries.
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:35 PM
Joined May 2009
3,365 Posts
Yep! Flew my two Quarks this past weekend, in the living room (too cold outside). They blew papers all over the place
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:37 PM
AMA Member # 458448
Joined May 2011
1,205 Posts
I flew mine in both Kitchen and basement. As John said, paper towels and plastic bags everywhere
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:17 PM
Joined May 2009
3,365 Posts
You know it Ching-Ho

Can't imagine the mess my 550 would generate in the same space - don't want to find out either
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:20 PM
AMA Member # 458448
Joined May 2011
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR4-Pilot View Post
You know it Ching-Ho

Can't imagine the mess my 550 would generate in the same space - don't want to find out either
John,

I don't want to know ......
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:05 PM
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2009
1,636 Posts
I am slowly getting into flying again after the mess of the flood, and of course I choose the Quark. I am trying to figure out how much some weight savings may help to improve the motor performance.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:13 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Hudson Valley
Joined Dec 2006
2,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simages View Post
It's factory, but I didn't receive it yet as I just acquired it threw a RR sale..... and a little better than advertised.
Quote:
Going to like the BL tail motor and NO BrrrrIN shaft drive!
My head already hurts trying to get the Spectrum binding sequence correct with my DX18 along with the dip switches. Previous owner used a JR so, It should have been no problem, but that's why my head hurts. When it does bind, radio set to Normal (i.e. swash servo 1) Idle up swiches set........ still No servo control. I'll figure it out with the limited info on this conversion......
OMGoodness.... I have a meeting to attend tonight, but will work on it later. I beleive it's the LiPo not giving me the voltage!!! :0 I have some new ones to terminate and that should be it..... I knew I was doing it right, but just enough to "ONLY" bind the satellite, but not power the controls.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by simages; Feb 09, 2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:31 PM
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2009
1,636 Posts
I do not understand, are you having problems with the SRB Eurocopter?
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:09 AM
AMA# SIMAGES
Hudson Valley
Joined Dec 2006
2,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMala View Post
I do not understand, are you having problems with the SRB Eurocopter?
Not any more...... it wasn't the SRB.... it was the SOB LiPo..... and one setting on my DX18.

The only problem now is finding a vendor for the SRB TAIL BLADE SET #0302-097. These are the ones with the clip on both sides to be used on either side of the tail.

Also; ordered some 4B main blades from MJI, but missed the cut off for the shipping, Chinese New Year. I will say that the communication between MJI Internet SHOP is great. MJI's english version of their store
doesn’t automatically calculate shipping cost and missed the shipping payment info. However; they sent timely emails time zone made me miss the cut off.

I'm still waiting to hear from MRC in NJ, after 3 days, but not surprised and to think I thought they would actually have blade sets available for purchase......... so, its MJI - 4 to MRC - 0.

Maybe I'll have some luck at the WRAM Show in 2 weeks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:09 AM
Arvada, CO
Joined Aug 2004
366 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a quark for sale if anyone is interested. It's here and may spark some interest.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post24151989
scottflight is offline Find More Posts by scottflight
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:13 PM
DC Metro Area
Joined May 2009
187 Posts
Thought i would share with the Brotherhood i just finished building my first 600 size heli, a Compass 6hv. I've come a long way from the quark days but its still one of my favorite helis. I'm sure my hands will be shaking like crazy the first time i take the 6hv up but i'm sure it will be a rush. Thought i'd share with the group.
trini92 is offline Find More Posts by trini92