HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2009, 03:17 AM
United States, IL, Springfield
Joined Jan 2009
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krea
I'm getting ready to take the plunge and get one of these. I was curious if anyone has had any experiance with www.yrbuy.com they are selling SRB Quark w/ TX for 329.00 Seems like the best deal I can find out there. I'm looking for a low maintance heli and this looks like the best one out there. If anyone knows another place that may have them cheaper (U.S.) Please let me know.

I was going to get HBFP but I don't want to have to mod it to death before it is stable.
This is the best deal I have found as well but have never heard of this place before. Let us all know if you purchase from them. I am going to make the plunge in a couple weeks as well. $329.00 and that includes the shipping. Thats a hard to beat price... makes you wonder at what cost.
Armyguy8675309 is offline Find More Posts by Armyguy8675309
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2009, 08:09 PM
Tokyo Setagaya-Ku, Japan
Joined Jun 2004
596 Posts
Hi Guys,
According to the home page of HIROBO,
http://model.hirobo.co.jp/products/0302-/spec.htm

all the SRB's are assembled and adjusted up to stop in the air at hovering
in the factory of Hirobo in Hiroshima JAPAN. So, the high cost is inevitable.

I like also Walkera 4#3B's, and am enjoying the flight of 4#3B, but I think
the difference of flight performance between the two coincides with that
of the prices.
K2-tokyo is offline Find More Posts by K2-tokyo
Last edited by K2-tokyo; Feb 01, 2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2009, 08:40 PM
Joined Jan 2009
421 Posts
I have a Quark ordered last week from www.yrbuy.com en-route and hopefully it will arrive this week. I had forgotten to order an extra battery and at $69.95 ea. I tried to look around and not finding anything reasonable placed a second order at www.yrbuy.com for the extra battery. I added a note on the order if they could include that with my Quark order placed a half hour earlier and their reply was 2 ship confirmations for 2 separately shipped orders via USPS from the tracking numbers. It would have been nice to save $6 on the battery shipping order.
Ronon is offline Find More Posts by Ronon
Old Feb 01, 2009, 09:36 PM
Joined May 2006
175 Posts
Hirobo Quark extra Battery pack

Hello All:

This is the best micro anybody can buy! Hirobo is well worth it. It flies like a .30 and yet it's very stable, even in light winds. I got mine from BPhobbies.com with free shipping included, at around the same price. I got two extra Thunder Power 730 mAh / 7.4 V Lipo packs, and made an adapter for the connectors to match the Quark's. They work great and cost half the price. Nevertheless, the original pack last a good solid 8 minutes of flying. Also, it's a good idea to reinforce the foam blades with 3M's Scotch Extreme packing tape, it certainly adds to the already durability of the Quark, and after quite a few blade strikes, I haven't replaced the first set of blades yet! (I had the Quark for about 5 months)

Happy Flying, everyone!
aeromechanic1 is offline Find More Posts by aeromechanic1
Old Feb 02, 2009, 12:07 PM
Central PA
Joined Dec 2005
1,496 Posts
Hey Guys,

I just bought a used Quark, and the previous owner did the deans mod. I don't have the connector that goes into the esc so I'm not positive which way polarity is.

He has the red wire marked (-) on the battery, and usually that would be positve. I can verify polarity on the battery with my meter, but he just has bare pins going into the esc.

You think I can rely on the pictures that show the blue wire going into the socket towards the rear of the heli, and red going into the forward one?

Thanks,

Tom
TommyB is offline Find More Posts by TommyB
Old Feb 02, 2009, 12:27 PM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
Hey Guys,

He has the red wire marked (-) on the battery, and usually that would be positve. I can verify polarity on the battery with my meter, but he just has bare pins going into the esc.

You think I can rely on the pictures that show the blue wire going into the socket towards the rear of the heli, and red going into the forward one?

Thanks,

Tom
Mine is red in front+ blue in back-, hope your going to fix that mess
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Feb 02, 2009, 07:14 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,791 Posts
I've had my Quark for two months and approaching 100 flights and haven't even had to replace blades in over a month. Hands off hover in the house for 10 seconds or so is a piece of cake WHEN you take the time to THOROUGHLY read through the manual before tweaking anything. To me, the big plus of the Quark is when I get confused at times when doing a nose in hover or flying towards me. She's so stable and forgiving, simply let go of the cyclic and you've got time to reorient yourself before the inevitable crash of lesser expensive models!
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Last edited by CCbusa05; Feb 03, 2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2009, 11:26 PM
Whaddya Mean, I Procrastinate?
United States, MA, Webster
Joined Feb 2003
2,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05
I've had my Quark for two months and approaching 100 flights and haven't even had to replace blades in over a month. Hands off hover in the house for 10 seconds or so is a piece of cake WHEN you take the time to THOROUGHLY read through the manual before tweaking anything. To me, the big plus of the Quark is when I get confused at times when doing a nose in hover or flying towards me. She's so stable and forgiving, simply let go of the cyclic and you've got time to reorient yourself before the inevitable crash of lesser expensive modles!
CONGRATULATIONS CCbusa05 !!!

This is the kind of news that people need to hear !! Take your Time .. Read The F*** Manual .. The more expensive Hirobo products will save you a BUNDLE of $$ in the long run !!!

I rest my case !!!

Russ
MiniBoy is online now Find More Posts by MiniBoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2009, 11:57 PM
Joined Jul 2007
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediclavina
I've read a post somewhere (sorry I don't remember which forum site) claiming to have gotten an answer directly from Hirobo. Apparently, there will be no 2.4ghz version of the Quark.

But the buzz is, there will be a CP version of the Quark to be announced at Nurnberg International Toy Fair this coming February.
Since it's such an excellent heli, wish Hirobo would make some nice fuses and lights to go with. Am sure the quality would be just as good!
DWJL511 is offline Find More Posts by DWJL511
Old Feb 03, 2009, 01:51 AM
Joined Jan 2009
421 Posts
My Quark is due Wednesday, Feb 4th, according to UPS tracking. Another 36 hours or so from now and as you can tell I canít wait. Iíll post a thread review after Iíve had a chance to do some flying.
Ronon is offline Find More Posts by Ronon
Old Feb 03, 2009, 04:46 AM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronon
My Quark is due Wednesday, Feb 4th, according to UPS tracking. Another 36 hours or so from now and as you can tell I canít wait. Iíll post a thread review after Iíve had a chance to do some flying.
Tic, Tic, Tic. Time sure goes by slow . Congrats on the new heli.Bud
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Feb 03, 2009, 08:38 AM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronon
Congrats! You're gonna love it!
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Feb 03, 2009, 08:58 AM
Fargo N.D. Land of Blizzards-Floods-Mosquito's & Tornado's
Joined Jul 2008
1,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniBoy
CONGRATULATIONS CCbusa05 !!!

This is the kind of news that people need to hear !! Take your Time .. Read The F*** Manual .. The more expensive Hirobo products will save you a BUNDLE of $$ in the long run !!!

I rest my case !!!

Russ
I have about 8 other heli's that were cheaper than the Quark, but my Quark has been the least expensive of them all in the long run. I simply don't need to spend money on it repairing crashes and on upgrades. I just wish they would come out with more choices, models, sizes and a 2.4 system with multi aircraft transmitters.
BTW, this reading the manuals seems to apply to ALL heli's Amazing what's in the manuals about proper set-up
helinut2 is offline Find More Posts by helinut2
Old Feb 03, 2009, 09:40 AM
Tail-in hover expert ;)
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Aug 2006
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helinut2
I have about 8 other heli's that were cheaper than the Quark, but my Quark has been the least expensive of them all in the long run. I simply don't need to spend money on it repairing crashes and on upgrades. I just wish they would come out with more choices, models, sizes and a 2.4 system with multi aircraft transmitters.
BTW, this reading the manuals seems to apply to ALL heli's Amazing what's in the manuals about proper set-up
Others who have never tried the Quark think our claim about how cheaper it is in the long run is just *too good to be true*.
Truly, the manual is the best resource for all heli beginners.
mediclavina is offline Find More Posts by mediclavina
Old Feb 03, 2009, 11:11 AM
HeyThere
Dayton Ohio
Joined Mar 2005
32 Posts
Lights for Quark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWJL511
Since it's such an excellent heli, wish Hirobo would make some nice fuses and lights to go with. Am sure the quality would be just as good!
I picked up the new CX3 navigations lights on Sunday at the LHS for $12.00 Have not installed them yet but the Eflite CX3 heli is about the same length as the Quark so they may work.
mantit is offline Find More Posts by mantit