Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 01, 2009, 06:59 PM
United States, MA, Webster
Joined Feb 2003
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted
I use a product on my 450 sized helis thats has been around a long time called Tri Flow. It wont hurt plastics and leaves no residue but I usually dont make it a habit of putting it on any of my links. Souldnt hurt anything to do it though
Thanks for the reply Xrayted ..

Yes I found the TriFlow product .. similar to a CRC product I use .. "dry film Technology with P.T.F.E" (Teflon ). I use this on my Lite Machines Corona main and tail drive gears, as well as my Hirobo XRB main gears .. quiets them down noticably, even when the gear backlash is adjusted precisely.

I have second thoughts about using the stuff on the ball links, though .. might make them pop off more easily ??

LOL !!

Russ
MiniBoy is online now Find More Posts by MiniBoy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2009, 12:26 AM
Joined May 2008
33 Posts
Airwolf Fuse from Japan

Quark Pilots,

Happy new year to all! Does anyone know where I can find a good instructions hopefully step-by-step instructions with picture on how to install the X.R.B Airwolf fuse into the beloved S.R.B. Quark? My brother-in-law just came back from a business trip in Japan and picked up for me the Airwolf fuse. I must say that the quality of the fuse is AAA+++ and it looks so beautiful with so much details. Thanks for all your help!
Helipath is offline Find More Posts by Helipath
Old Jan 02, 2009, 03:20 AM
Tokyo Setagaya-Ku, Japan
Joined Jun 2004
586 Posts
Hi Helipath

I do not know how to install an SRB into an XRB Airwolf body.
Some related pictures in Yahoo Auctions are deleted?
Instead, I found another clearer movie:
http://zoome.jp/rc636/diary/7/
http://zoome.jp/rc636/diary/8
K2-tokyo is online now Find More Posts by K2-tokyo
Last edited by K2-tokyo; Jan 02, 2009 at 03:29 AM.
Old Jan 02, 2009, 01:58 PM
Joined May 2008
33 Posts
Thank you K2-tokyo. The movie looks fantastic. Unfortunately I don't read Japanese, otherwise I would send comment to the author of that airwolf asking him for specific instructions on the installation. Again, thanks for your help.
Helipath is offline Find More Posts by Helipath
Old Jan 02, 2009, 08:41 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2 Posts
Dave ESPI

You think we could convince Bruce to try putting a thin layer of Titanal on a set of foam blades? Hmmmmmmmmmm
jrhz06 is offline Find More Posts by jrhz06
Old Jan 03, 2009, 09:54 AM
USA, NC, Ayden
Joined Aug 2008
510 Posts
Hey helipath - have you got any pics of the fuse? and details of where your brother in law got the fuse from in Japan?
thannamhbfp is offline Find More Posts by thannamhbfp
Old Jan 03, 2009, 03:47 PM
Joined Jan 2009
22 Posts
First Time Flight Question

Some history: I love building helis such as TREX450, TREX250, Raptor 50 but I'm really bad at flying them. Didn't listen to my friendly hobby shop owner (he said I started with the wrong models and he was right) until recently and I started flying 'properly' with a Blade mCX (OK I know this is easy stuff but....). First time I've felt in control so back to the model shop again and it's time for a Quark (blimey that hurt my wallet). Anyway first experience was not quite right - I know that I have to apply some right rudder to compensate for the tail turning but for a RTF heli I needed lots of right rudder. And then when the head speed increased the tail stopped moving. So - really silly question but do I need to adjust anything or is this 'normal'? (yes I did keep the heli still when I turned it on.....)
davidbutler is offline Find More Posts by davidbutler
Old Jan 03, 2009, 04:08 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbutler
Some history: I love building helis such as TREX450, TREX250, Raptor 50 but I'm really bad at flying them. Didn't listen to my friendly hobby shop owner (he said I started with the wrong models and he was right) until recently and I started flying 'properly' with a Blade mCX (OK I know this is easy stuff but....). First time I've felt in control so back to the model shop again and it's time for a Quark (blimey that hurt my wallet). Anyway first experience was not quite right - I know that I have to apply some right rudder to compensate for the tail turning but for a RTF heli I needed lots of right rudder. And then when the head speed increased the tail stopped moving. So - really silly question but do I need to adjust anything or is this 'normal'? (yes I did keep the heli still when I turned it on.....)
What rudder compensation are you speaking about David? On takeoff to make the heli go straight up or during turning? Were you just trying to hover or fly circuits?

A few more details about exactly what you were doing flight wise might help us understand whats going on if anything
If the heli is simply yawing a bit at first than this is normal for a rate gyro until it heats up. If its way off and cant be trimmed out on the TX then just follow the instruction manual on how to adjust the rudder at the 4&1 to hold pretty well with your TX trim centered.
Mine always drifts a tiny bit on the first pack but once warmed up will hold rock solid after some minor TX trim adjustment
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Last edited by Xrayted; Jan 03, 2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2009, 04:28 PM
Joined Jan 2009
22 Posts
It's on initial take-off the problem occurs - but I think I've realised the problem: one of the skids has 2 projections that lean the heli over and on my slippery painted garage floor the skids just skid for a bit. I also suspect you are right about the gyro warming up - this was the very first test out of the box. Tomorrow everything will be ok....
davidbutler is offline Find More Posts by davidbutler
Old Jan 03, 2009, 04:32 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbutler
It's on initial take-off the problem occurs - but I think I've realised the problem: one of the skids has 2 projections that lean the heli over and on my slippery painted garage floor the skids just skid for a bit. I also suspect you are right about the gyro warming up - this was the very first test out of the box. Tomorrow everything will be ok....
Those tabs are to compensate for the natual tendancy of any single rotor heli to skid to the left on takeoff. IMO this heli really doesnt suffer from that issue that much and is fine if you just get it up in the air. You cant keep in low and in ground effect......it doesnt weigh enough to not be blown around with its own propwash.

Happy flying
Old Jan 03, 2009, 07:38 PM
zaksdad
USA, TX, DeSoto
Joined Apr 2006
477 Posts
Got a problem and I'm not sure what to do, i crashed last night nothing major busted main blades and tail blade, today after installing new blades I have lost tail rotor control as when I first spool up at low rpm all is fine but as soon as i increase to take off rpm it start to spin out of control to the right, trimming doesn't seem to fix the problem any suggestions ?
zaksdad is offline Find More Posts by zaksdad
Old Jan 03, 2009, 07:47 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaksdad
Got a problem and I'm not sure what to do, i crashed last night nothing major busted main blades and tail blade, today after installing new blades I have lost tail rotor control as when I first spool up at low rpm all is fine but as soon as i increase to take off rpm it start to spin out of control to the right, trimming doesn't seem to fix the problem any suggestions ?
Thats a tough one. Hope you didnt damage the 4&1 somehow. Was the crash really hard?

I would start with the obvious and make sure you didnt strip any of the teeth off the tail gears and its getting all the power it should.

Also the tail drive shaft is just a CF rod with "U" joint style ends on it that fit into the gearbox and tail motor. If the boom is allowed to slip out or back a little in a crash then the drive shaft may have slipped back as well and may not be getting all the power to your tail.

If everything is perfect mechanically and you cant correct it by adjusting the pot on the 4&1 then there is the possibility that you damaged it or the tail motor I guess.
Good luck
Old Jan 03, 2009, 08:28 PM
zaksdad
USA, TX, DeSoto
Joined Apr 2006
477 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions let me check some of the thingsyou mentioned, and no the crash wasn't hard nothing more than a blade strike and flop over on its side which broke the tail blade.
Old Jan 03, 2009, 08:31 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaksdad
Thanks for the suggestions let me check some of the thingsyou mentioned, and no the crash wasn't hard nothing more than a blade strike and flop over on its side which broke the tail blade.
It would be very unlikely that you were able to damage anything of significance then.

Hope its something simple
Old Jan 03, 2009, 08:49 PM
zaksdad
USA, TX, DeSoto
Joined Apr 2006
477 Posts
Okay I checked all the things you mentioned and the mystery deepens now get this I can lift off and fly and rotate the tail to the left but as soon as I rotate to the right any more than just a slight stick movement, as to do a pirouette it starts to spin completely out of control to the right, yet I can pirouette to the left fine? HELP