Old Sep 11, 2010, 01:09 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,804 Posts
Sorry what's Augustos site again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Augusto has been selling them for $235 for quite awhile. Didn't you have a problem with them not being DSM2 or mode 1, or something?
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2010, 01:36 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Sorry what's Augustos site again?
http://yrbuy.com/
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Sep 11, 2010, 01:47 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,470 Posts
Quote:
Can motor mods be done in SRB for more power?
]
You should be able to. The problem has always been finding the specs of the stock motor. I'm guessing something in the 4200 - 4400 kv range.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Sep 11, 2010, 08:35 AM
Pontiac my other Obsession
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Jul 2010
719 Posts
here are the vendors that were still selling the SRB Quark
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7486
359.98 + sh
ouch!!
Pontiaddict is offline Find More Posts by Pontiaddict
Old Sep 11, 2010, 09:33 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,804 Posts
350 is too much money....

and the SG is way over priced.............
Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:31 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,691 Posts
Quote:
350 is too much money....

and the SG is way over priced.............
They say quality comes with it's own price tag, but still, it does sound excessive. Perhaps the staff at Hirobo reckons since pilots won't break so much parts on their Quark, they needed to make it more expensive to compensate for the loss of revenue from selling less spare parts...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2010, 12:15 PM
Fargo N.D. Land of Blizzards-Floods-Mosquito's & Tornado's
Joined Jul 2008
1,168 Posts
WOW!! I got in on a super deal a few months ago when someone was selling Quark RSB's with transmitter for 179.95 and I think it was 15.00 shipping. I can't remember who was doing that sale but it seems to me it was over the memorial day weekend. I had moved and forgot that I had bought one and ran across the box the other night in my new place. Charged the battery and whalla, a new Quark to break in, yes! I now have a totally stock and a modified, "MIA Gear & LED light kit" Quark. Anyone else get in on that great sale?
$180.00 is a much more realistic price. I'm just curious how many folks are actually buying the new second generation Quark. I think the cheapest I have seen them is 729.95 . WOW. I would think they priced themselves right out of the market with the average buyer. I for one won't drop that kind of money on a Quark..
helinut2 is offline Find More Posts by helinut2
Old Sep 11, 2010, 03:24 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,804 Posts
No a person could buy a good align Trex for that price which would out perform the quark i would think!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 03:51 PM
Fargo N.D. Land of Blizzards-Floods-Mosquito's & Tornado's
Joined Jul 2008
1,168 Posts
Quote:
No a person could buy a good align Trex for that price which would out perform the quark i would think!
I have a Trex 250 - 450 & 500. I know I don't have 700 tied up in my 450 and not much more than 700 in my 500, and like you said, they are way better quality and performance than the Quark, but then we r not really comparing similar helis. I would buy the SG Quark if it were around 500.00, and I think a lot more folks would too..
helinut2 is offline Find More Posts by helinut2
Old Sep 11, 2010, 04:24 PM
United States, NH, Dover
Joined May 2010
129 Posts
Has anyone had any problems with RcSuperstore before? My buddy bought a Quark from them. It arrived a few days late and without controller and charger. He naturally called and they told him that they will pay for shipping back and shipping for the replacement heli. A few days goes by and now they are accusing him off taking those items out and sending it back. I told him to stop payment and go to Yrbuy like I told him to the first dozen times.
Anyone else had any problems? He uses them for his rc car/truck parts and nothing like this has ever happened before.
Helikevin is offline Find More Posts by Helikevin
Old Sep 11, 2010, 04:29 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,804 Posts
I was referring to price and overall quality and usefulness.

A trex 450 can handle quite a bit of winds whereas it say in add that SG can only handle 5 MPH winds. The Trex has metal components where SG is plastic, ect, ect.

I know the two helis are in different classes; I shouldve made myself more clear

QUOTE=helinut2;16022737]I have a Trex 250 - 450 & 500. I know I don't have 700 tied up in my 450 and not much more than 700 in my 500, and like you said, they are way better quality and performance than the Quark, but then we r not really comparing similar helis. I would buy the SG Quark if it were around 500.00, and I think a lot more folks would too..[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 11, 2010, 07:04 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,470 Posts
Define "out-perform". A Trex 450 head is designed for 3D. It's responses are very abrupt and non-linear. It's stability is due to it's head speed. The Quark SG head is smooth, linear and granular with stability as part of it's design, headspeed not withstanding. The Quark SG weighs about 7oz and has foam blades. The TRex 450 weighs about 3lbs and has CF blades or wooden blades. I think it's pretty obvious which one will handle wind or fly 3D better. But, is that your measure of performance?
Old Sep 11, 2010, 07:11 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,804 Posts
No

And can you not fine tune a trex to be more docile like the SG?

It's just hard to justify the price of the SG vs the price of a Trex if a person were looking to into a larger more of an outdoor CP.

QUOTE=Balr14;16023899]Define "out-perform". A Trex 450 head is designed for 3D. It's responses are very abrupt and non-linear. It's stability is due to it's head speed. The Quark SG head is smooth, linear and granular with stability as part of it's design, headspeed not withstanding. The Quark SG weighs about 7oz and has foam blades. The TRex 450 weighs about 3lbs and has CF blades or wooden blades. I think it's pretty obvious which one will handle wind or fly 3D better. But, is that your measure of performance?[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 11, 2010, 07:23 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,470 Posts
Quote:

And can you not fine tune a trex to be more docile like the SG?

It's just hard to justify the price of the SG vs the price of a Trex if a person were looking to into a larger more of an outdoor CP.
You can do a lot with a programmable Tx, but you won't make it perform the same as a Quark SG. Yes, the cost sucks!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 08:29 PM
Joined Oct 2009
593 Posts
Having owned and returned a quark SG, I can tell you its not as stable as you think. My Mini Titan is a lot more stable. Without a programmable tx to make the head speed flat instead of linear it has bad tendencies in the wind. In Idle up mode it will pull forward and left I believe. So if you factor in the Quark SG cost plus a programmable TX your looking at a close to $1000 heli that is the size of a 200.

Issues I had also included 2 cyclic servos that I could wiggle 2 mm back and forth while the other was solid. Swash plate that I was able to wiggle the 2 halfs around because of poor quality bearings. Also my heli was not mechanically setup properly because it had no negative pitch in idle up mode. Also a slight tail wag occurred while hovering, just annoys the hell out of me, so I avoid tail motor helis.

Things that would make this heli more appealing.
* $400 price tag
* allow use of any brand tx and your own rx
* better swash plate
* variable pitch tail
* servos with no play
aerorotor is offline Find More Posts by aerorotor