SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:55 AM
Joined Sep 2007
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar 20040
Does anybody know a source for the servo leads as used in our dear Quark heli? I would like to try alternative servos.

Tks and rgds
Robert R.
Robert,

hate to say it, but they're physically identical to the Walkera 5G6 and 4-3 3.7g micro servo connectors (!)...

Check for pin assignment though, I don't remember if it's identical.

The Walkeras are dirt cheap and are pretty strong, especially on 2s. Not very high precision, but not too bad either

Just don't tell anyone your Hirobo is flying with Walkera servos...

Regards

Dragan
ikonosphere is offline Find More Posts by ikonosphere
Last edited by ikonosphere; Sep 15, 2008 at 07:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2008, 08:06 AM
Joined Apr 2007
9 Posts
AHA Dragan!
got you!
simon
soiorotor is offline Find More Posts by soiorotor
Old Sep 15, 2008, 08:22 AM
Joined Mar 2008
2 Posts
for dark night's

hello,

quark takes light through the hell...

rgds

Pictures:

helijunk is offline Find More Posts by helijunk
Last edited by helijunk; Oct 06, 2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 03:12 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
My custom Quark

Here are a few pics of my custom paint job on my Quark. The canopy on this heli has some nice lines and color seems to bring them out much better than the stock white setup.
Its 9 coats of hand rubbed laquer and I dyed the landing gear black using RIT clothing dye. It took about 3 hours for the plastic to absorb the dye using a dilute water and dye mixture on low heat on the stove, but the final results were great! They now look like thet were molded in black plastic.
The blades are new carbon fiber ones now available but too bad the heli flys terrible with them. They dont have enough blade surface and the lift is poor, but they look great for the photos :-)
Im still flying with the stock foamies using a 22C Kong pack.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Last edited by Xrayted; Sep 22, 2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 06:00 AM
Germany
Joined Jul 2006
360 Posts
Hi Xrated,

Great painting job but rather poor pics. Too much background.

By the way, I have tried out the CFK blades in the meantime. Lift is ok with mine. I did not touch the pitch adjustment screws. However amp draw is now 10% to 20% higher. Qur dear Quark looks with the new blades no longer toyish. But this is about all!

Regards,
Robert R.
Jaguar 20040 is online now Find More Posts by Jaguar 20040
Old Sep 23, 2008, 07:44 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Hi Xrated,

Great painting job but rather poor pics. Too much background.

By the way, I have tried out the CFK blades in the meantime. Lift is ok with mine. I did not touch the pitch adjustment screws. However amp draw is now 10% to 20% higher. Qur dear Quark looks with the new blades no longer toyish. But this is about all!

Regards,
Robert R.
Yes when you live in a big city in a highrise building there is a lot of background It was all I could get at the time but some in a park would be much better.
If I change out to the CF blades and make no other adjustments it will take almost wide open throttle just to hover the heli. Either way the amp draw increase causes the batteries to dump very quickly and the performance is just very poor for me. I get much better results using the stock blades and the Kong 22C 600 mah packs......13 minute flight times and great power all the way until the end of flight
Old Sep 23, 2008, 10:29 AM
Tail-in hover expert ;)
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Aug 2006
936 Posts
First, I wanna thank you guys for sharing your experiences and reviews of the Hirobo SRB Quark. That gave me enough push to give rc helicopter another chance.

Anyways, my Quark was delivered Friday and I had the chance to try it out this weekend and, oh boy, I can finally hover an rc helicopter! I was so ecstatic that I forgot I did it without a training gear (who needs one with a stable heli like the Quark anyway?).

Now, I'm really getting what I paid for. I think only experienced pilots (or those who are good in fixing) won't like the Quark for its price. As a beginner with very low skill level, I don't find this too expensive, especially when I can spend more time practicing flights rather than fixing after a crash.

I can't help but compare the Quark's excellent design with the previous helis I've owned (and tried to fly). Everything on it is designed to make it a lot easier for a beginner.

The SRB Quark is my first Hirobo. And *if* there will be a next, it's going to be another Hirobo.
mediclavina is offline Find More Posts by mediclavina
Old Sep 23, 2008, 10:34 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediclavina
First, I wanna thank you guys for sharing your experiences and reviews of the Hirobo SRB Quark. That gave me enough push to give rc helicopter another chance.

Anyways, my Quark was delivered Friday and I had the chance to try it out this weekend and, oh boy, I can finally hover an rc helicopter! I was so ecstatic that I forgot I did it without a training gear (who needs one with a stable heli like the Quark anyway?).

Now, I'm really getting what I paid for. I think only experienced pilots (or those who are good in fixing) won't like the Quark for its price. As a beginner with very low skill level, I don't find this too expensive, especially when I can spend more time practicing flights rather than fixing after a crash.

I can't help but compare the Quark's excellent design with the previous helis I've owned (and tried to fly). Everything on it is designed to make it a lot easier for a beginner.

The SRB Quark is my first Hirobo. And *if* there will be a next, it's going to be another Hirobo.
Congrats on your successful flights! Hirobo makes great products but are costly. In the long run it will be cheaper to own, because as you said the good design does not require you to spend money to make it fly as it already should and crash damage is minimum if any.

Happy flying
Old Sep 23, 2008, 11:14 AM
Germany
Joined Jul 2006
360 Posts
Another thought,

For best performance and fun I run my Quark in the basic version, that means as supplied. Forget about CF blades! Only one exeption:

I use a Kokam 350mAh 20C (abt. 23 grms) battery and use 80% of its nominal capacity for a flight time of abt. 7 minutes. Battery changing is done in seconds. In MHO a minimum weight is most essential for max. fun!

Regards,
Robert R.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 11:50 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Another thought,

For best performance and fun I run my Quark in the basic version, that means as supplied. Forget about CF blades! Only one exeption:

I use a Kokam 350mAh 20C (abt. 23 grms) battery and use 80% of its nominal capacity for a flight time of abt. 7 minutes. Battery changing is done in seconds. In MHO a minimum weight is most essential for max. fun!

Regards,
Robert R.
Agreed....I also have 6 450 Mah 20C batts that give me about 7-8 minute flights that I can charge the night before and be ready for a couple hours of flight fun. The heli is very "zippy" with the lightweight batteries.
My kong 600 22C packs are only 36 grams, so still not too bad and only 4 grams more than stock. These have been the best compromise for me so far....much longer flight time, double the power and practically the same weight as stock. Oh and very cheap compared to the stock batts.....less than $20.00
http://www.readyheli.com/Kong_Power_...kp-60022-2.htm
They come in a 450Mah version as well if you want to go really light
Old Sep 23, 2008, 11:55 AM
Germany
Joined Jul 2006
360 Posts
I just wanted to add a pic of my Quark covered with gold leafs... a proof how dear it is to me.

Regards,
Robert R.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:04 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
I just wanted to add a pic of my Quark covered with gold leafs... a proof how dear it is to me.

Regards,
Robert R.
Very nice!
Old Sep 24, 2008, 01:48 PM
Joined Jun 2004
172 Posts
Well I've joined the quark club but got it secondhand so waiting for parts

First question... is there a flight sim for this heli and what kind of lead do i need to connect to my computer... have a feeling its JR but not sure...

thanks

p.s its very pretty
Taigerr2000 is offline Find More Posts by Taigerr2000
Old Sep 24, 2008, 03:27 PM
Tail-in hover expert ;)
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Aug 2006
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taigerr2000
First question... is there a flight sim for this heli ...
It's a bit funny you asked that question. I can't find a heli on sim (except for CX2) which I can fly better than the Quark in reality.

Anyways, once you have tried the Quark, you may find no need for a flight sim.

Enjoy!
mediclavina is offline Find More Posts by mediclavina
Old Sep 26, 2008, 03:15 PM
Muscle Shoals, Al.
Joined Oct 2004
322 Posts
I just ordered mine today. Should be in the middle of next week sometime. This will be my first heli so we"ll see how it goes !!
kissfan is offline Find More Posts by kissfan