SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 07, 2008, 03:41 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,813 Posts
Eta ?

Does anyone know when we might expect the SRB Quark to reach US vendors?
CCbusa05 is online now Find More Posts by CCbusa05
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2008, 07:59 AM
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
hirobo quark..?

Tim Sandor (tim@modelrectifier.com)
Sent: January 4, 2008 6:33:13 PM
To: dougie_30@hotmail.com.....(thats me)

We're expecting to receive it by end of February to mid March, although we haven't done any "official" product announcements yet. We're expecting the cost to be around the $400 mark, but again, nothing is official yet. Keep an eye on our website for more information.

Tim Sandor
douglas4 is offline Find More Posts by douglas4
Old Jan 09, 2008, 01:26 PM
Scarecow
UK
Joined Sep 2004
2,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TachyonDriver
Hope the cheap copy gets rid of the TAIL MOTOR and just uses variable pitch tail blades, geared from the mains..

Tach.
Then it'd be an hornet....so temperamental, hard to setup as well as expensive.
HoverBovver is offline Find More Posts by HoverBovver
Old Jan 09, 2008, 04:40 PM
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas4
Tim Sandor (tim@modelrectifier.com)
Sent: January 4, 2008 6:33:13 PM
To: dougie_30@hotmail.com.....(thats me)

We're expecting to receive it by end of February to mid March, although we haven't done any "official" product announcements yet. We're expecting the cost to be around the $400 mark, but again, nothing is official yet. Keep an eye on our website for more information.

Tim Sandor
Thanks bro.................I will be getting one!
Old Jan 15, 2008, 04:34 AM
Beautiful burnout~
Southern California
Joined Dec 2007
90 Posts
Heya,

Found some pics of the Hirobo Quark in the January issue of RC Air World magazine from Japan. Looks awesome! Pricey, but there's no denying Hirobo quality. I want it. Love the Lepton-like canopy.
Circlewave is offline Find More Posts by Circlewave
Last edited by Circlewave; Jan 15, 2008 at 04:40 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 05:48 AM
Scarecow
UK
Joined Sep 2004
2,361 Posts
Good find and from the 2nd & 4th photo we know for certain that the main motor is a brushless outrunner....presumably the tail is still going to burn though.
HoverBovver is offline Find More Posts by HoverBovver
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:52 AM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
Interesting but the price is a bit high, this thing is going to compete with the blade 400 with a spectrum radio. Maybe if they offered it without radio and a 3 in 1 it would make more sense.
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird
Old Jan 15, 2008, 03:05 PM
Easily amused
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2007
100 Posts
That flybar is not 90 degrees. It looks it is at the same angle as the flybars on top of the coaxials. Perhapse this his one uses some of the same stabilizing techniques with weights mixed with normal paddles.
CaptainIglo is offline Find More Posts by CaptainIglo
Old Jan 15, 2008, 04:05 PM
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,813 Posts
Thanks for posting those pics Circlewave!!
I'm really excited about this one, can hardly wait until I can get my hands on one, no matter what the price. Hopefully they'll be here in the US by early February. I noticed the same thing about the flybar angle being at approx 45 degrees from the main blades rather than 90 like a conventional FP which allows it to hover somewhat hands off like shown in one of the home page videos. Just what I need, that extra second to make cyclic corrections when the orientation in my old brain gets confused!!
What intrigues me, among other factors, is it appears to be small enough and somewhat easier to control so should make a good indoor flyer as well as outside during somewhat windless days.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 04:57 PM
Joined Aug 2007
767 Posts
Everybody's like, why buy cheap when you have to mod and mod to get a really good heli, why not pay several hundred dollars for quality?

Where's the fun in that? Next to flying, working on my helis is what I love best!
misfire is offline Find More Posts by misfire
Old Jan 15, 2008, 07:34 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
So is the s.r.b. out yet?
where can i get one ? in the u.s.a. ?
they are NOT on the MRC site!
-john
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:08 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
oops! just noticed they said end of feb or march in the usa.
-john
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:13 PM
USA, Mt, Great Falls
Joined Nov 2006
482 Posts
I'm sure it's a nice heli but from the pics of the flybar I can tell you it will snap on impact. Hope I'm wrong but I'm just looking at it and it looks like a bad design. $400 is not a bad price if you get $400 worth of fun out of it. So far I have 4 heli's and out of them so far I love my honey bee FP because the damb thing can take a beating and snap back together and keep flying. My Honey bee king.. umm not so much. I'm not really into 3D and am just really looking for a nice heli that is simple and fun to fly. So far the HBFP does it for me. It flys in 5-10mph wind and after a crash I just snap the head back on, check to see if the blades are tracking and fly again.

If this bird can do that and fly better than the 64#C1 walkera's then I'll buy it.
Deserteagle is offline Find More Posts by Deserteagle
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:45 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserteagle
I'm sure it's a nice heli but from the pics of the flybar I can tell you it will snap on impact. Hope I'm wrong but I'm just looking at it and it looks like a bad design. $400 is not a bad price if you get $400 worth of fun out of it. So far I have 4 heli's and out of them so far I love my honey bee FP because the damb thing can take a beating and snap back together and keep flying. My Honey bee king.. umm not so much. I'm not really into 3D and am just really looking for a nice heli that is simple and fun to fly. So far the HBFP does it for me. It flys in 5-10mph wind and after a crash I just snap the head back on, check to see if the blades are tracking and fly again.

If this bird can do that and fly better than the 64#C1 walkera's then I'll buy it.
i have the walkera 64#c and it's never flown right. even with a spektrum reciever and tlebee gyro. what a waste of money!!
if i could get this one in the usa and get parts i will get it.
-john
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 16, 2008, 02:06 AM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
The Havoc heli uses a similar design on the flybar. I guess this is an auto stabilization technique that requires no extra electronics.
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird