HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 16, 2008, 10:05 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
I love spring. Had the Quark flying in some sustained 15mph winds today, and it was waaaay too much fun.

Well, it wasn't in the wind exactly...most of the machinery was out of the shed today, and all that empty space was just too inviting to pass up. After closing the doors from the inside I proceeded to waste ...errr... utilize most of the afternoon flying figure 8's and working on my nose-in hovering (which finally "clicked" for me the other day). Maybe tomorrow I'll try to get some video of my semi-controlled careening about the building for educational (this is how not to fly) purposes before the space gets filled back up.
Harv is offline Find More Posts by Harv
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2008, 10:10 PM
A land Far, Far away
Joined Aug 2002
207 Posts
Yes... some video would be great!
ElectroBill is offline Find More Posts by ElectroBill
Old Apr 16, 2008, 10:14 PM
A land Far, Far away
Joined Aug 2002
207 Posts
and thanks...NANOCER I understand what your doing now.....
bill
ElectroBill is offline Find More Posts by ElectroBill
Old Apr 17, 2008, 12:58 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
Set up the little camera and shot a bit of video this morning. There'll be four in all on YouTube, but it'll take a while to upload and process them...hopefully they'll be done this afternoon.

The quality is poor, the camera is too far away and there's no music to ease the boredom, but hopefully they show what the little SRB would be capable of in the hands of a competent pilot.

I'll link to the first one here, and the rest will be available on my youtube channel when they're finished.

Hirobo SRB Quark 1 (1 min 1 sec)
Old Apr 17, 2008, 04:08 PM
Scarecow
UK
Joined Sep 2004
2,361 Posts
Amazing miniturisation technology....that tiny brushless motor sounds just like a train.
HoverBovver is offline Find More Posts by HoverBovver
Old Apr 18, 2008, 01:15 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
Lol. Yep, being a klick away from the railroad crossing and 100m from a major highway makes all sorts of things sound funny. I haven't heard silence in decades.

All of the videos are up now at http://www.youtube.com/user/GrainCleaner . I didn't realize until today that there is an option to view them at a higher quality on YouTube, and #'s 3 & 4 don't look that bad after all. 1&2 are still pretty crappy though, as I had the camera set wrong for them.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 02:35 PM
Toronto Canada
Joined Dec 2002
5,410 Posts
Subscribed
Martyn McKinney is offline Find More Posts by Martyn McKinney
Old Apr 18, 2008, 05:08 PM
Orrington, Me
Joined Mar 2007
12 Posts
Available in the USA? Maybe BP Hobbies

Just received an auto email a few minutes ago listing changes to the BP Hobbies we site. Added today are both the Quark with ($429.00) or without radio ($389.00). Also listed are many parts. Have done quite a bit of business with them in the past. Super prices, and fast delivery to the North East. Now if I can just figure out how pay for one of these......

Check out http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=C1456808

Downeastter
Orrington, Me
Downeastter is offline Find More Posts by Downeastter
Old Apr 18, 2008, 05:11 PM
Scarecow
UK
Joined Sep 2004
2,361 Posts
wow, that place is ideal harv. so apart from mucking out cows, being a farmer has its benefits.
HoverBovver is offline Find More Posts by HoverBovver
Old Apr 19, 2008, 03:53 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
Mmmmm...cows. Steaks, burgers, jackets, boots...

Oh, sorry. I was think about the things cows are good for. Mucking however is bad. Very bad. Needless to say I have no cows, and therefore, no muck. And in the spirit of having and maintaining a muck free existence I've limited the livestock on the farm to 2 cats and whatever birds, rabbits and deer want to hang out here.

All that aside you're correct about some of the benefits...a few square miles of emptiness and a couple of largish buildings to fly in makes for some quite enjoyable days here in the middle of nowhere.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 04:16 PM
Oregon, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,812 Posts
Any of you guys know whether this Quark can be made to fly with Spektrum gear? Is the electronics integrated, or seperate components? I would be interested in buying one if I can use my DX6i and an AR6100 series RX.

Thanks for a reply.
RMG2 is offline Find More Posts by RMG2
Old Apr 19, 2008, 04:54 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
RMG... the control unit is completely integrated, and as such I can't see where it would be feasible to use a Spektrum receiver.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 05:36 PM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
its probably possible if you want to buy a spektrum RX, brushed speed controller and brushless esc, gyro.
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird
Old Apr 19, 2008, 05:36 PM
Denver
Joined Mar 2004
442 Posts
I got all the pieces and the batteries for the TP battery mod and it works great!
Thanks
vrex is offline Find More Posts by vrex
Old Apr 19, 2008, 06:14 PM
Hirobo Helis Rock
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2005
28 Posts
Whilrybird, if you could which I am sure is not possible the extra weight will become an issue. The Quark motors would not last or even have enough power to fly. The BladeCX and other FP helis are bigger than the Quark and the little extra weight of the added electronics doesn't really effect them.

Cheers
Blik
Blik is offline Find More Posts by Blik