SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 04, 2008, 04:11 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
Ahhh, I never thought of laying it in foam, even though my T-Rex is encased in it just as you suggested. Thanks for the tip! It's much safer and secure now.
Harv is offline Find More Posts by Harv
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2008, 05:04 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whilrybird
add some foam and cut it and lay the heli on its side in that case.

Anyword on US release? I want the one without the radio. Also would be nice if someone could help us import airwolf body.
The red type says it all for us stateside guys
I wonder why it's taking so long to get to us??????

http://www.hobbywarehouse.com/030291...Quark-Complete
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Apr 04, 2008, 07:33 PM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
Hey Harv your welcome. It looks great.

Man that sucks, its delayed even more. I don't want the complete package I want to run it on my spektrum. TOO many radios.
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird
Old Apr 04, 2008, 11:37 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
I'm afraid you won't be running it with your Spektrum Whirly...it's 72mhz only, so you might have yet another radio after all.
Old Apr 05, 2008, 01:51 AM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
Harv, I believe there is a ARF version that comes without the radio and receiver. Could end up being 80 to 100 cheaper IDK
Old Apr 05, 2008, 10:05 AM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
You're mostly right, but the ARF is only less the transmitter...the receiver is integrated into the control unit (4in1), and is 72mhz only.

http://model.hirobo.co.jp/products/0302-901/index_e.htm shows a good pic of the control unit and mentions the transmitter less set. Unless there's a totally different version that I haven't seen yet, there doesn't seem to be a PNP option.
Old Apr 05, 2008, 10:19 AM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
It looks like there's a tech note available for the SRB. It's in Japanese though, so I can only guess at what all the points are from the pictures.

http://model.hirobo.co.jp/parts-list...B_Onepoint.pdf

1. Main gear screw tightness?
2. Tail rotor blade balance? Looks like if the tail wiggles then balance the tail blade?
3. Main blade tracking? 3mm is mentioned.
4. Moving straight ahead in forward flight? If the heli veers left or right then check that the swash, elevator controls and flybar are at exactly 90 degrees? If not then loosen a set screw and adjust?

Anyone able to translate, or have this translated for us?
Old Apr 05, 2008, 10:54 AM
practice, practice, practice
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2005
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv

http://model.hirobo.co.jp/parts-list...B_Onepoint.pdf

1. Main gear screw tightness?
2. Tail rotor blade balance? Looks like if the tail wiggles then balance the tail blade?
3. Main blade tracking? 3mm is mentioned.
4. Moving straight ahead in forward flight? If the heli veers left or right then check that the swash, elevator controls and flybar are at exactly 90 degrees? If not then loosen a set screw and adjust?
Harv, you made out properly!
I wish to translate additional informations on the paper.

1. Check the screw. Tighten the screw with the long arm of the wrench. If you use the short arm, you may break the wrench.
2. If there is some tail wiggle, balance the tail rotor blade with small piece of tape.
3. Tracking: within about 3mm or 1/8" difference is OK. If there is any play of blade holder, twist blade holder underside and adjust tracking.
4. If your SRB does not fly straight ahead or the aileron and elevator controls are mixed at hovering, check and adjust as follows:
1)Set ball A and ball B in line.
2)The angle of flybar-blade and washout control arm/ swashplate should be 90 degree.
3)If not, loosen screw C and D and adjust the angle.

cvlex
cvlex is offline Find More Posts by cvlex
Last edited by cvlex; Apr 08, 2008 at 08:34 AM. Reason: spell correction
Old Apr 05, 2008, 12:10 PM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
Got pics of the controller? If that is the case with the 4 in 1, then maybe this controller will work, sucks having to have another TX but this might save some money.
http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=8475
Old Apr 06, 2008, 09:30 AM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
That one will work quite well, but I would be quite surprised if there is more than a $30 difference between the two sets. My guess would be $399 without Tx, and $429 with.

Thanks cvlex! They must have put some thought into those pictures for a Canuck to have been able to figure them out.
Old Apr 06, 2008, 01:35 PM
No Dear its not a new one
Joined Nov 2001
2,505 Posts
This little heli looks interesting, but $429 and no parts inventory.......wow!

I suppose there won't be any clones at a reasonable price until they can buy one too.
hotairflyer is offline Find More Posts by hotairflyer
Old Apr 06, 2008, 03:48 PM
Germany
Joined Jul 2006
373 Posts
@ Harv

plugs, but I think I've found the correct Molex connectors that'll clean things up in the wiring department.

Can you please give us the Molex order number? Thank you.
Jaguar 20040 is offline Find More Posts by Jaguar 20040
Old Apr 06, 2008, 04:47 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
Jaguar, I *think* these are the correct parts:

43645-0200 plug for battery
43030-0007 crimp terminal for above

43640-0200 end for charger
43031-0007 crimp terminal for above

Until I actually receive and try these I won't know for sure that they're correct, but according to the pictures and dimensions they'll work. I should have them in hand on Tuesday, and will let you know for sure then.

[edit] WhooHoo, these work perfectly. The wire on the TP batteries is 16ga and too big for the plug, so I had to splice on a bit of 18ga but otherwise it's all good.
Last edited by Harv; Apr 08, 2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old Apr 06, 2008, 08:33 PM
Joined Sep 2004
98 Posts
sounds intereting if I can get past the price. I notice they say can be used with
Futaba/JR-Airtronics so I assume it is shift select but they do not say Hitec?. the
next question would be what xtal will work. my guess is futaba short and do you have to worry about Hi-Lo frequency. I know the XRB was suppose to be a Futaba xmtr.
it is probably too soon to answer these questions but will be interesting to find out.
I just got a DX6i but still have my Hitec xmtr. bob
oc500 is offline Find More Posts by oc500
Old Apr 08, 2008, 12:23 AM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
Bob, I flew my XRB with a Hitec Optic 6 and Spectra module with no problems at all, so you should be good to go also as the XRB and SRB use the same transmitter. I'm not sure about the xtal though...they look to be the same between the two helis also but hopefully someone who has tried one will chime in.

Took the SRB to the gym tonight, and it was a blast! It'll really get up and move out, and more than once I was sure I'd lose control only to bank away from the wall for another circle. A few sessions in there practicing coordinated turns in figure-8's would work wonders in boosting self-confidence. After this and a very good outside flight Saturday morning I'm suddenly quite interested in helis again.
Last edited by Harv; Apr 08, 2008 at 10:42 PM.