HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2008, 08:10 PM
Joined Mar 2008
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05
It would be nice if it was "available" in any form to us stateside dudes!
Maybe by late April, from what I hear rumored down at the LHS.

We had one come in, but it sold pretty fast, they should be back in stock from what I hear, middle of April.

http://www.ronlund.com/Merchant2/mer...ode=SRBQUARK-C

The one we got had a tx, but we are supposed to be getting some without.
xj0hnx is offline Find More Posts by xj0hnx
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2008, 08:16 PM
United States, CA, Pleasant Hill
Joined Mar 2005
306 Posts
how much?
specriv is offline Find More Posts by specriv
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
76 Posts
I am new to these forums, and looking forward to getting to know/learning much from you all. I feel very fortunate to be able to participate in a community full of generous, like minded individuals..
guile.99703 is offline Find More Posts by guile.99703
Last edited by guile.99703; Apr 05, 2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 09:32 PM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Dec 2003
127 Posts
Canadian Quark has arrived!

I couldn't wait, so I ordered from Udisco Montreal. For the heli, extra skid, extra sed of both blades and express shipping the total was 540.00

I just got it tonight, so the battery is charging now. I also took the training gear from my Lama and
put it on.

Andy
brucie1dog is offline Find More Posts by brucie1dog
Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:50 PM
Hirobo Helis Rock
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2005
28 Posts
Hey Andy, that is great to hear you picked one up. You are definately going to enjoy it. I would recommend you take one set of main blades and try the tape fix otherwise you may go through blades real quick. I just used some clear duct tape and it worked excellent.(check out my previous posts) The extra weight will make the heli fly a little different but for hovering around the house you will save a lot of blades. When you are able to buy parts in the US definately pick up another Lipo, otherwise you will get very impatient waiting for the one to charge

Cheers
Blik
Blik is offline Find More Posts by Blik
Old Apr 01, 2008, 04:45 PM
Joined Dec 2003
127 Posts
Test Flight?

had a lot of nose spin to the left and surprisingly body drift to the right. Because I am Mr RTF I was a bit hesitant to start tweaking the internal workings. Any suggestions? This little sucker is fast!
Andy
Old Apr 01, 2008, 08:00 PM
back to basic
001DEG 21' 03"
Joined May 2005
53 Posts
great that you have the Quark, Andy

the quark needs abit of more 'fingering' than the lama.
blochead is offline Find More Posts by blochead
Old Apr 01, 2008, 09:06 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
Received mine yesterday also. Amazing little machine that just oozes Hirobo quality. Put about 12 flights on it so far, including one outside in a 5kph breeze and had a smile on my face every time.

Mine took about 6 clicks of forward trim and 5 of left, and I still haven't centered the gyro up as I seem to go too far one way or the other when adjusting it. Tomorrow I'll work on getting it dialed right in and set the servo subtrims also.

I also ordered some Thunder Power 2S 480 batteries, as the Hirobo lipo is simply too rich for my blood. The factory batt is 30.5g and the TP's are 24g, so even with a couple of connectors added in I should be a few grams lighter and $40 richer. I'll update as soon as I have some definite info on this.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with the SRB. After selling my XRB a couple of years ago I've missed having an indoor heli, and the added capability of the SRB makes it well worth the investment for me.
Harv is offline Find More Posts by Harv
Old Apr 02, 2008, 02:57 AM
Tokyo Setagaya-Ku, Japan
Joined Jun 2004
595 Posts
Hi Guys

Here are some pictures of a Hirobo Airwolf fuselage 4,043 sold in Tokyo,
which is for XRB-SR Airwolf, and is used in the reformation
of SRB. 35g weight. Hirobo have the permission of selling this fuse
only in Japan from Universal Studios (written on the box).
K2-tokyo is offline Find More Posts by K2-tokyo
Old Apr 02, 2008, 06:31 AM
Scarecow
UK
Joined Sep 2004
2,361 Posts
Ah that would explain the airwolf fuselage not escaping eastern shores. Thanks K2.
HoverBovver is offline Find More Posts by HoverBovver
Old Apr 02, 2008, 02:31 PM
Hudson, NH
Joined Mar 2007
228 Posts
I was surfing and came across this:
https://www.fxaeromodels.com//produc...oducts_id=4593

Worded as if its in stock.

I haven't been following this thread that closely, so I'm not sure if it has become more available and this is old news. If so sorry.

Bill
billm555 is offline Find More Posts by billm555
Old Apr 03, 2008, 12:44 PM
Joined Dec 2003
127 Posts
Quark Main Blades

Does anyone know of a hobby shop that has the extra blades in stock. I went through quite a few before I did the tape fix. My flying isn't the greatest! I don't mind ordering in Canada.

Thanks,
Andy
Old Apr 03, 2008, 09:00 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
Andy, you can find parts for the SRB at https://www.udisco.com/hobbies/inv/HIRR07.HTM Main blades are $18.72USD and tail rotors are $10.40USD.

I've done a bunch more hovering practice with mine, and am still totally impressed with it. With the furnace blowing in the shop it keeps it moving around just enough to be challenging, and I'm not living in constant fear of crashing like I always was with my T-Rex. I balanced and tracked the blades, and dialed in the servo subtrims and gyro to (almost) perfection and with the furnace off it'll hover hands off for almost 45 seconds before the air currents move it too close to a wall. I'll take it to the golf dome tomorrow and gym on Monday to see how it does in those environments.

Tried the Thunder Power 480 batteries in it today, and they're definitely the way to go for more flight time. At a full 5 grams lighter than the stock batt and less than half the price there's no downside that I can see. Currently I've just spliced in some JST connectors to adapt to the existing plugs, but I think I've found the correct Molex connectors that'll clean things up in the wiring department.

I also found a nice small toolbox that holds and organizes everything. Not much protection against drops or rough handling, but as a travel case it'll work quite well I think.
Harv is offline Find More Posts by Harv
Old Apr 03, 2008, 10:29 PM
Joined Dec 2003
127 Posts
Blades

I called Udisco today and spoke with Mark. I ordered the extra blades and a battery. I am a happy guy now!
Andy
Old Apr 04, 2008, 11:41 AM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
add some foam and cut it and lay the heli on its side in that case.

Anyword on US release? I want the one without the radio. Also would be nice if someone could help us import airwolf body.
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird