Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:07 PM
Mexico
Joined Nov 2005
427 Posts
Discussion
Do lama V4 spare parts fit lama V3 ??

Hello All,

My LHS is finally selling Lama V4 and its spare parts. But I don't like such canopy. They told me they will only have V4 and will not sell V3.

But I like much more Lama V3 looks.

So, I was thinking about buying Lama V3 online and get my spare parts from my LHS. But, would V4 spare parts fit V3??

So, I know both helis use the same 180 motors.

But, what about blades, inner and outer shafts and fly bar?

Would V4 blades, inner and outer shafts (and correspondent gears) and fly bar would fit V3 ??

These are the only spare parts I worry about.

Many thanks!
bambino is offline Find More Posts by bambino
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2007, 01:22 PM
Joined Jan 2006
43 Posts
As far as i know the parts are the same apart from a few bits like canopy , landing skids , maybe a copuld others , but none that you mention.
andytc is offline Find More Posts by andytc
Old Nov 14, 2007, 02:09 PM
LV4 & HB CP2 Pilot
Liverpool, Merseyside, UK
Joined Jul 2007
614 Posts
The servo arms are different sizes as well as the airframe and skids. The main components though, such as the 4n1, motors, blades, servo's, etc, are the same. The aluminium kit upgrades are advertised for the LV3, LV4 and R22, so I would presume, although I am not 100%, that the shafts and rotor holders are the same.

The other thing to remember is that the E-Flight blade canopy will fit the LV4 with a little modification to the battery compartment (only a cut to the canopy is required.), so if you don't like the LV4, you can change the appearence.

Seriously, if you can get your LHS to supply the parts, just buy the LV4 and enjoy it and forget about the looks. Having a LHS as a ready supply for parts is invaluable with this hobby - saves having to weight for shipping!

Enjoy!
apmc2203 is offline Find More Posts by apmc2203
Old Nov 14, 2007, 03:10 PM
Yorkshire, UK
Joined Feb 2007
859 Posts
As the guys above say, but this;

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...90&postcount=7

.............................is worth repeating.
ranavalona is offline Find More Posts by ranavalona
Old Nov 14, 2007, 06:20 PM
Mexico
Joined Nov 2005
427 Posts
Thank you for your inputs.

Ranavalona, specially that link is very useful!

By the way, does Lama V4 motors are set apart, allowing better ventilation just like in Lama V3? Or are they set together as in BCX/2??

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2007, 12:39 PM
Yorkshire, UK
Joined Feb 2007
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino
Thank you for your inputs.

Ranavalona, specially that link is very useful!

By the way, does Lama V4 motors are set apart, allowing better ventilation just like in Lama V3? Or are they set together as in BCX/2??

Thanks!
The motors in the V4 are set forward and aft of the shafts, as below.
ranavalona is offline Find More Posts by ranavalona
Old Nov 15, 2007, 02:25 PM
LV4 & HB CP2 Pilot
Joined Jul 2007
614 Posts
As already said they are either side of the shaft. I think that all the Lama's use 180's. A simple plug and play upgrade is available from Xtreme also...which I can recommend.

I found that there was nothing wrong with the stock motors, which lasted in my LV4 for around 200 flights. I have a spare set of stock motors in case the current xtreme's fail. Worthy of note though, I bought some 180 motors from modelzone/hobbyzone, however, be warned, you need to solder the resistors, etc, which if you get it wrong, burns your 4n1 up! I speak from experience! Honest!

Old Nov 16, 2007, 11:42 AM
Mexico
Joined Nov 2005
427 Posts
hello apmc2203

Thanks for the advise.

By the way, do you consider extreme motors giving you longer flying times? are they any worth?

Also, very important, I want to know if Lamas (either V3 or V4) show the annoying issue of tail drift, just like BCX/2 do????

Have you had any of these tail drift problems with your Lamas?

Thank you
Old Nov 16, 2007, 11:58 AM
Unshaven yokel
Portland, Oregon
Joined Oct 2007
1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino
hello apmc2203

Thanks for the advise.

By the way, do you consider extreme motors giving you longer flying times? are they any worth?

Also, very important, I want to know if Lamas (either V3 or V4) show the annoying issue of tail drift, just like BCX/2 do????

Have you had any of these tail drift problems with your Lamas?

Thank you
Yup, Lama's have tail drift. I especially have tail drift at the beginning of a battery, but if I 'reboot' my lama after 30 seconds of flying, my tail drift mostly just goes away.
sparkysko is offline Find More Posts by sparkysko
Old Nov 16, 2007, 12:21 PM
LV4 & HB CP2 Pilot
Joined Jul 2007
614 Posts
sparkysko is right, the Lama's do have a bit of taildrift, but nothing to worry about.

I havn't really found that the xtreme 180's add any time to my flights, however they are quite a bit quieter I think. I have also upgraded to 900mah mystery batteries, which may have a little longer flight, as well as seemingly allowing for more throttle (but this is probably just my imagination).

Old Nov 17, 2007, 06:51 AM
Not in Liverpool anymore
Joined Oct 2007
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apmc2203
sparkysko is right, the Lama's do have a bit of taildrift, but nothing to worry about.

I havn't really found that the xtreme 180's add any time to my flights, however they are quite a bit quieter I think. I have also upgraded to 900mah mystery batteries, which may have a little longer flight, as well as seemingly allowing for more throttle (but this is probably just my imagination).

What tail drift???? stop telling BS. Are the 180 quieter or not? Do the 900's last longer or not. Stop the BS. Stop the I thinks......you are an imagination
Fleck is offline Find More Posts by Fleck