HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2008, 08:55 PM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Sep 2004
229 Posts
Hi,

I'm trying to do my own EVO 2.GHz conversion with a FASST TM-7 module. I'm not an expert on electronics, but with the help of cp1 and mmormota (thank you VERY much!), I have my first schema for the adaptation. It seems this module is easier to adapt since the original Futaba radio module socket drives the module input with open collector (I don't know exactly what it means, but mmormota says so ).

Now, I have a lot of questions:

1. Is this schema correct?
2. Are the values of the resistors correct?
3. Why to lower the voltage from 9v to 6.1v (due to my resistor's values) at the transistor's base? The base is supossed to act as a trigger with ANY value, isn't it?
4. Is this schema still necessary if I use a negative shift on the EVO?

Thank you very much and sorry for too much questions.

Alvaro.
Alvaro Silgado is offline Find More Posts by Alvaro Silgado
Last edited by Alvaro Silgado; May 12, 2008 at 05:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2008, 05:31 PM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Sep 2004
229 Posts
IT WORKED!!!

Everithing is working perfectly, even the failsafe works OK. I haven't tried it outside home, but it is suppossed to work.

Thank you very much for your help (specially, cp1 and mmormota). This solution is simple and functional.

Now, the last question: will the same schema work with more advanced modules, like TM-10 or TM-14?

Cheers,

Alvaro.
Last edited by Alvaro Silgado; May 12, 2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old May 13, 2008, 08:00 AM
Electric powered
Spain, Community of Madrid, Madrid
Joined Sep 2005
881 Posts
Quick question guys: is the "trainer port" connection version working for more than 5 channels? I'm asking because as far as I know, EVO9 trainer port only controls 5 channels, but I may be wrong...
arocholl is online now Find More Posts by arocholl
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2008, 08:23 AM
cp1
Hannover, Germany
Joined Aug 2005
263 Posts
The trainer port connection works for up to 8 channels, because it uses PPM format. It is not suitable for the M-10 and the M-14.
cp1 is offline Find More Posts by cp1
Old May 13, 2008, 09:37 AM
Budapest
Joined Jul 2003
2,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp1
The trainer port connection works for up to 8 channels, because it uses PPM format. It is not suitable for the M-10 and the M-14.
The necessary signal for the TM10-15 is a known format? Maybe it can be done using a uC...
mmormota is offline Find More Posts by mmormota
Old May 13, 2008, 10:23 AM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Sep 2004
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arocholl
Quick question guys: is the "trainer port" connection version working for more than 5 channels? I'm asking because as far as I know, EVO9 trainer port only controls 5 channels, but I may be wrong...
Hola Arocholl

Yes, it works perfectly with the 7th channel. Is the simulator cable what only works with 4 channels.

Un saludo,

Alvaro.
Old May 13, 2008, 10:42 AM
Electric powered
Spain, Community of Madrid, Madrid
Joined Sep 2005
881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvaro Silgado
Hola Arocholl

Yes, it works perfectly with the 7th channel. Is the simulator cable what only works with 4 channels.

Un saludo,

Alvaro.
Hola Asilgado

Thanks for the info. I got info from some other sources that PPM output is ok till the 5th channel, but not beyond, as apparently you couldn't select "trainer" channels beyond 5th. But I never checked that. So it's nice to know that was not the case.

Gracias illo.

Ariel
arocholl is online now Find More Posts by arocholl
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2008, 02:07 PM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Sep 2004
229 Posts
Confirmed: it also works on the 4000.

Cheers,

Alvaro.
Old Jun 07, 2008, 09:15 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Hi,

Has anyone done a similar mod with the 9-12 ch versions of the modules. Maybe internal and not thru the trainer port?

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Feb 05, 2009, 09:34 AM
United States, NJ, Brick
Joined Jul 2005
126 Posts
I'm following all these Multiplex Spektrum and FASST conversion articles with great interest.

With Multiplex set to debut their 2.4 version of the EVO radios over the next few days at Nuremburg, I'm curious to see whether or not it will be or can be used with FASST or Spektrum or something proprietory.

I've been a FASST user, but am contemplating a new transmitter for heli use.

I guess the course of these threads may change after we see what Multiplex will do. Maybe they'll make conversion modules for the FM transmitters.
darkfa8 is offline Find More Posts by darkfa8